1922 to present Parkgate street no more

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RoyalGreenJacket View Post
    i still own a house in St Bricins Park - i grew up there just around the corner from you Hedge, did you go to school in Brunner?

i hate when the Army sell off land, lots of history gets washed away.
    St Gabriels NS

Comment

Originally posted by seven.sixtwo View Post
      Sure at least theres a chipper at the bottom of infirmary rd hill near the bus depot dont know what it's like now but it did have nice food yummmm
      Gianni's???

Good smoked cod in there...
      But there's no danger
      It's a professional career
      Though it could be arranged
      With just a word in Mr. Churchill's ear
      If you're out of luck you're out of work
      We could send you to johannesburg.

(Elvis Costello, Olivers Army)

Comment

It will be sad to see the army move out of AHQ on infirmary rd hill as it is a fine building but i dont think they need to be there anymore as there is not as many in the army as there used be and for what iam led to belive there are not many personal occupieng the building now still it's sad to see it go and all the barracks that have been sold off over the past few years they ruined Collins bks with that big glass front facing Benburb st Clancy bks is full of appartments now and most of them not even occupied what a sight i wonder where will be next.

What good is in youth when it's ageing what joy are in eyes that cant see when there's sorrow in sunshine and flowers and only our rivers run free.

Comment

Originally posted by turbocalves View Post
          Gianni's???

Good smoked cod in there...
          EMMM id love a smoked cod now shhhhh dont tell anyone might nip down there iam supposed to be on a diet

What good is in youth when it's ageing what joy are in eyes that cant see when there's sorrow in sunshine and flowers and only our rivers run free.

Comment

Originally posted by sofa View Post
            RGJ

Go easy on how much you give out

about yourself, All types look at this site
            thanks sofa, but i've nothing much to hide and i've been in far sticker situations in harms way for real on a regular basis but i do appreciate your concerns.

and i know what you are saying Goldie but be they occupied by British Army or Irish DF - these buildings have so many stories to tell - i wish we could just pick them all up and put them in one place.

like the Magazine Fort in the Phoenix Park - it was a playground for me as a kid and it always fascinated me.

PS: Hedge - there were no wedgies for this callsign!
            RGJ

...Once a Rifleman - Always a Rifleman... Celer et Audax

The Rifles

Comment

EMMM id love a smoked cod now shhhhh dont tell anyone might nip down there iam supposed to be on a diet
              'see' food diet
              But there's no danger
              It's a professional career
              Though it could be arranged
              With just a word in Mr. Churchill's ear
              If you're out of luck you're out of work
              We could send you to johannesburg.

(Elvis Costello, Olivers Army)

Comment

Thats right I remember now

you were a chubby little lad to heavy to wedgy
                Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold;
                Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world,
                The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere***
                The ceremony of innocence is drowned;
                The best lack all conviction, while the worst
                Are full of passionate intensity.

Comment

i wonder where will be next.
                  Moving to Newbridge, up beside the train station

Was under the impression this building was not opening until December 2010

Must ask my neighbour (works in DoD)
                  "Well, stone me! We've had cocaine, bribery and Arsenal scoring two goals at home. But just when you thought there were truly no surprises left in football, Vinnie Jones turns out to be an international player!" (Jimmy Greaves)!"

Comment

Originally posted by hedgehog View Post
                    Thats right I remember now

you were a chubby little lad to heavy to wedgy
                    you are only jealous because we [the Bricins Boys] stole all your wood and tyres every Halloween!
                    RGJ

...Once a Rifleman - Always a Rifleman... Celer et Audax

The Rifles

Comment

thanks sofa, but i've nothing much to hide and i've been in far sticker situations in harms way for real on a regular basis but i do appreciate your concerns.

and i know what you are saying Goldie but be they occupied by British Army or Irish DF - these buildings have so many stories to tell - i wish we could just pick them all up and put them in one place.

like the Magazine Fort in the Phoenix Park - it was a playground for me as a kid and it always fascinated me.

Often played around the magazine fort when i was a kid as well the place is in ruins now they should re model it and open a museum it's a shame to see it fall into disrepair.
                      Last edited by seven.sixtwo; 14 June 2010, 18:07.

Comment

Often played around the magazine fort when i was a kid as well the place is in ruins now they should re model it and open a museum it's a shame to see it fall into disrepair.

Comment

Abandoned Ireland is a fantastic site. Check out the Fort Camden Photos
                          "The Question is not: how far you will take this? The Question is do you possess the constitution to go as far as is needed?"

Comment

Originally posted by kermit
                            That's DOD.

DFHQ is in a new yet to be built building in the Curragh Camp.
                            Later realised that I might have mixed the two up....
                            "Well, stone me! We've had cocaine, bribery and Arsenal scoring two goals at home. But just when you thought there were truly no surprises left in football, Vinnie Jones turns out to be an international player!" (Jimmy Greaves)!"

Comment

Originally posted by kermit
                              DFHQ is in a new yet to be built building in the Curragh Camp.
                              Postponed AFAIK

Comment

Originally posted by DeV View Post
                                Postponed AFAIK
                                Strangely enough, I heard today on the radio that at €300m+ redevelopment
                                project in Limerick is going ahead

Also heard that the National Childrens' Hospital at the Mater is due to
                                be cheaper than was originally forecast, on the grounds that the costs of
                                construction have plummeted with the recession

Might actually be the right time to do these jobs, while they are cheap to do !

Comment

Working...
                                X