Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Having 2 spots for a MLH is a huge capability leap for us. If you can land 2 MLH, then you could easily land a S92, Merlin, Chinook or whatever the agency you are working with require to land on said vessel, in appropriate conditions. The size alone will make landing much easier, in most conditions, as the larger hull will not have as violent an action as a 90m vessel with a single spot helideck.
    I wouldnt get bogged down on the Hangar, and what will or will not go in there. I can only presume that the hanger offers access by way of elevator or similar to the lower vehicle /cargo decks. It is a useful space for whatever you wish to use it for. Maybe even stick a mobile field hospital in there...
    For now, everything hangs on implementation of the CoDF report.

Comment

• And of course given we are talking about a hull that's going to be around for 30+ years it makes sense to stick as much potential capability as can be afforded and see what will come up.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparky42 View Post
        And of course given we are talking about a hull that's going to be around for 30+ years it makes sense to stick as much potential capability as can be afforded and see what will come up.
        Creep, crawl, creep.

Comment

Hope the UK parliament would be ok with using it for that.
          Why should the UK Parliament be concerned about Rosslare .
          Don't spit in my Bouillabaisse .

Comment

• Originally posted by Laners View Post
            Why should the UK Parliament be concerned about Rosslare .
            Rosslare is still tied into Fishguard due to an Act of Parliament that set the railway company back in the 19th century, it's why Iarnród Éireann still run it, it would take Westminster passing an act to say allow it to change into a Port ownership like the other major ports. Don't know if that would impact it's usage to any degree, I imagine few outside of some of the Welsh MP's would even know where Rosslare is.

Comment

Rosslare is still tied into Fishguard due to an Act of Parliament that set the railway company back in the 19th century, it's why Iarnród Éireann still run it, it would take Westminster passing an act to say allow it to change into a Port ownership like the other major ports. Don't know if that would impact it's usage to any degree, I imagine few outside of some of the Welsh MP's would even know where Rosslare is.
              New one on me, of course the State could just repeal the Act

Comment

• Not if the arrangement suits the state.

Comment

• Originally posted by na grohmiti View Post
                  Having 2 spots for a MLH is a huge capability leap for us. If you can land 2 MLH, then you could easily land a S92, Merlin, Chinook or whatever the agency you are working with require to land on said vessel, in appropriate conditions. The size alone will make landing much easier, in most conditions, as the larger hull will not have as violent an action as a 90m vessel with a single spot helideck.
                  I wouldnt get bogged down on the Hangar, and what will or will not go in there. I can only presume that the hanger offers access by way of elevator or similar to the lower vehicle /cargo decks. It is a useful space for whatever you wish to use it for. Maybe even stick a mobile field hospital in there...
                  The RFP listed an aviation facility so that is well covered. I would like to develop the force projection capability by being able to provide fuel and essential stores to keep two additional ships on station, by transfer, at half voyage depletion. Defence needs should be catered for to complete 360 deg. coverage. The crane may be misplaced in that case, and would in any effect need re-siting , as its reach to port may make it difficult to launch the port side craft.
                  Antique acts covering ports are a matter for the parliamentarians .

Comment

• I have loads of them , including the helo inside... any Naval Officer who has even seen the inside of the hanger would know the rotors needed folding
                    Covid 19 is not over ....it's still very real..Hand Hygiene, Social Distancing and Masks.. keep safe

Comment

• The windsurfers and bicycles fitted in fully assembled .
                      Don't spit in my Bouillabaisse .

Comment

• Originally posted by ancientmariner View Post
                        The RFP listed an aviation facility so that is well covered. I would like to develop the force projection capability by being able to provide fuel and essential stores to keep two additional ships on station, by transfer, at half voyage depletion. Defence needs should be catered for to complete 360 deg. coverage. The crane may be misplaced in that case, and would in any effect need re-siting , as its reach to port may make it difficult to launch the port side craft.
                        The original RFP for the EPV requested a HIFR option only

Comment

• Originally posted by DeV View Post
                          The original RFP for the EPV requested a HIFR option only
                          http://forum.irishmilitaryonline.com...l=1#post175989

I suppose I was referring to the WP on Defence with our intention of co-operation through EUMSS and interoperability of Forces and the intention that the MRV, while not carrying a helicopter would facilitate Helicopter operations and include a freight carrying capacity.

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	naval service 095.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	83.0 KB
ID:	698251
                            Last edited by hptmurphy; 15 May 2019, 21:18.
                            Covid 19 is not over ....it's still very real..Hand Hygiene, Social Distancing and Masks.. keep safe

Comment

• Originally posted by ancientmariner View Post
                              I don't see that the crane has any purpose in Launching either Rhib or Landing Craft, that appear to be located within their own davits. its location suggests use for loading cargo from shore to deck. It also appears to be on the same side as a possible side ramp, which makes sense from a cargo handling point of view. On very close inspection, the Starboard funnel seems to have no exhausts or vents. Perhaps this is a dummy structure designed to accomodate other equipment, such as internal cargo lifts? Could explain the logic of locating the crane off the centreline.

Comment

• Originally posted by hptmurphy View Post
                                [ATTACH=CONFIG]8648[/ATTACH]
                                And that was before they put the Gym in there.

Comment

Working...
                                X