• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How To Build A Nuclear Submarine

One not to be missed on Sunday Night

BBC 2 21.00-22.00
    How to Build..
    A Nuclear Submarine
    1/3. Documentary following the construction of the Astute nuclear submarine.

Also this one missed some programmes

BBC 1 Tuesday
    19:00–19:30 Real Rescues
    Episode 5 5/8. Nick Knowles presents the daring air sea rescue of a cargo ship in near-gale force winds.

The good thing about missing BBC Documentaries is you don't have to wait too long before they appear on one of the satellites, such as "eden" or "blighty".

Catch-22 says they have a right to do anything we can't stop them from doing.

Comment

Looks like an awesome programme!

Comment

i know a lad assigned to that sub - gets paid a fortune even though he hasn't gone anywhere in it yet!
        RGJ

...Once a Rifleman - Always a Rifleman... Celer et Audax

The Rifles

Comment

One thing struck me after watching the first episode....

I bet the electrical apprentice is "popular". Surely her overalls could be closed better....

Comment

Originally posted by Goldie fish View Post
            I bet the electrical apprentice is "popular". Surely her overalls could be closed better....
            Photo?
            CRIME SCENE INSTIGATOR

Comment

Great docu!

Interesting to see how the Command Deck module is built and slotted in.

Comment

Four years late and God knows how great the final cost overran the original price, maybe it should have been called "How not to build a submarine".
                It was a very enjoyable and informative programme, most shipyards have a hands off policy until they hand over the vessel and the Owner pays the money, then it's yours to do what you like with it, obviously that would not work with something as complex as this, but I can see lots of little rows between the shipbuilders Engineers and Foremen and the new vessels crew.
                The Electrical apprentice sure beat the women welders in the yards I worked in!

Comment

Women welders would have kept their overalls buttoned up.

Comment

Originally posted by REX View Post
                    Photo?

Any ways around this?
                    "The Question is not: how far you will take this? The Question is do you possess the constitution to go as far as is needed?"

Comment

Try this link I have not used but I am told it works

Non-U.S. users frequently encounter the annoyance of geo-blocked content when trying to access popular sites like Hulu, but every now and then we feel

Comment

Originally posted by Brian McGrath View Post
                        Try this link I have not used but I am told it works

http://lifehacker.com/5504681/how-to...outside-the-uk
                        Not to sure about letting extensions/applications having full access to all data on my computer!
                        "The Question is not: how far you will take this? The Question is do you possess the constitution to go as far as is needed?"

Comment

Its being repeated tonight on BBC 2 at 23.20

Comment

i was impressed with the Junior Rates Mess having an XBOX360, PlayStation3, Media Centre and Plasma TV's.
                            RGJ

...Once a Rifleman - Always a Rifleman... Celer et Audax

The Rifles

Comment

if you must work in a sealed metal tube for months at a time, everyone needs to relax

Comment

Working...
                              X