Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DH248. Tramore

In memory of Dave,Mick,Paddy,and Niall.
    Killed at Tramore in Dauphin DH248,on this day,1999.
    We Will Remember Them.

Rip

Comment

R.I.P
      Hard to believe it is 11 years already.

Catch-22 says they have a right to do anything we can't stop them from doing.

Comment

Rip

Comment

May they rest in Peace. Cut into the bone with some very close friends of mine. 11 years ago. , makes you stop to think for a while!
          "The Question is not: how far you will take this? The Question is do you possess the constitution to go as far as is needed?"

Comment

Rest in Peace guys, wont be forgotten
            I knew a simple soldier boy.....
            Who grinned at life in empty joy,
            Slept soundly through the lonesome dark,
            And whistled early with the lark.

In winter trenches, cowed and glum,
            With crumps and lice and lack of rum,
            He put a bullet through his brain.
            And no one spoke of him again.

You smug-faced crowds with kindling eye
            Who cheer when soldier lads march by,
            Sneak home and pray you'll never know
            The hell where youth and laughter go.

Comment

A travesty.

Rest in Peace

May the guilty never rest
              Covid 19 is not over ....it's still very real..Hand Hygiene, Social Distancing and Masks.. keep safe

Comment

Rest in Peace

Comment

R.i.p.

Comment

RIP

That others may live

Comment

I visited the memorial in Tramore today, walked to the spot where the crash happened along with Roisin my 10 year old daughter and she asked me why it happened... not how but why..and I could give her a straight answer.....

I remembered the little girl. Davina, of the exact same age as my daughter who never knew her dad who didn't walk in Tramore and who's memories of the place will never equate with mine and Roisin and wondered will anyone ever be able to explain to her even though her dad was doing all he could he was going to die because of decisions made before she was born.

I worked at Waterford airport 10 years before the tragedy occured ..we saw it coming..we knew it was going to happen.

The only saving grace we discuss now was it was only 4..as opposed to 44..which was our nightmare.

I had finished in Waterford 5 years previous to the accident.... things were supposed to move on and change... but it didn't. Men died for failings we had highlighted some years previous.

No comfort from the fact that men who could have made a difference did nothing and lied after the event.

And the little girl never knew her dad.
                      Covid 19 is not over ....it's still very real..Hand Hygiene, Social Distancing and Masks.. keep safe

Comment

Iv been in that spot in Tramore a few times what a tragic event i have allways stood and said a few silent prayers there may their souls rest in everlasting light allways.

REST IN PEACE LADS

What good is in youth when it's ageing what joy are in eyes that cant see when there's sorrow in sunshine and flowers and only our rivers run free.

Comment

Thank you for your post Murph!
                          On Friday, a group of us stood at the memorial with members of the families, ...they still amaze me!
                          Their strength,courage and dedication are a model to us all!
                          How they have gotten on with their lives and carried the memories so gracefully and fervently is one of the most humbling influences in my life!
                          In the face of the most undeserved grief,they show the meaning of dignity in the most unpretentious way!
                          The best possible tribute to their loved ones and the most inspirational example to us all!

Comment

17th years ago

Go Mairidis Beo

RIP

Comment

RIP
                              "He is an enemy officer taken in battle and entitled to fair treatment."
                              "No, sir. He's a sergeant, and they don't deserve no respect at all, sir. I should know. They're cunning and artful, if they're any good. I wouldn't mind if he was an officer, sir. But sergeants are clever."

Comment

Working...
                              X