Guchi new Leatherman

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by amurph0 View Post
    Are you allowed buy multi-tools from overseas? Or would they get stopped by customs because they count as a knife or something along those lines?
    I got mine in the States years back during my J1. Just had it in my luggage on the way home, nothing said about it.

Comment

Fine and good, but was that pre 9/11 by any chance?
      Aut viam inveniam aut faciam.

Comment

9/11 or not once its in your luggage its fine. Leatherman's are available over the counter in loads of shops around Ireland, there is no problem importing one (apprt from VAT and Duty as somone already pointed out).

Comment

Originally posted by Captain Edmund Blackadder View Post
          Fine and good, but was that pre 9/11 by any chance?
          2005 I think (it was a hazy enough summer). Definitely post 9/11.

Comment

When I saw luggage I thought hand luggage for some reason.

Comment

MUT for under €110 including P&P. I'll be checking this one out when the seller comes back.

Comment

Originally posted by Captain Edmund Blackadder View Post
                When I saw luggage I thought hand luggage for some reason.
                I left my leatherman (wave) in my hand luggage on the way back from the states this summer. Security had no big deal with it, tbh I had no idea what they were looking for (had been doing a good bit of outdoors stuff over the summer so it just lived in my backpack and I forgot about it due to being downright knackered at the end of the summer) and they basically said "Yeah, you don't look dodgy. Follow me and you can mail it home" and then I got brought to a little kiosk where you can seal it with a shipping form in a plastic bag, deposit it in a secure thing (bit like a mail box) and it gets posted home to you. Happy days.

No issues with sending multitools in the post.
                Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent.
                Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent.
                Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil?
                Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?

Comment

Strange how different the rules are whether you are leaving or entering the US.

Catch-22 says they have a right to do anything we can't stop them from doing.

Comment

Are they? Is it not just up to whether there's a place you can post the thing from? Airport security is airport security.
                    Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent.
                    Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent.
                    Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil?
                    Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?

Comment

It definitely pays to buy this kind of things in the States, in my case at least a few years back. The Leatherman Wave was about €140 over here, and I picked it up in Dick's Sporting Goods (imagine Champion Sports if they sold kayaks and crossbows as well as Man Utd and Celtic jersies) for $75.

Comment

Got a leatherman MUT today in pettersons on grafton st.
                        RRP. is €172.50 or €179.50 for the EOD one.
                        Told a guy called john I was in the RDF and got it for €155.
                        He told me to mention it to anyone else in the DF.
                        So away you go.............
                        Woo Hoo, finally moderated!!!!! In that select band of people who speak their mind instead of being sheep!

Comment

It is as good as it looks?

Comment

I'm sure Special Branch would be interested in anyone who buys one (especially the EOD one) who is NOT in the PDF/RDF!
                            'He died who loved to live,' they'll say,
                            'Unselfishly so we might have today!'
                            Like hell! He fought because he had to fight;
                            He died that's all. It was his unlucky night.
                            http://www.salamanderoasis.org/poems...nnis/luck.html

Comment

Found it more useful on the gpmg than steyr also the standard version imported by peterson only comes with the sand coloured case, there's not much sand to be found in the glen or kilworth
                              Last edited by northie; 26 January 2011, 07:26.

Comment

Amazon are doing pretty good deals on Leatherman kit right now:

www.amazon.co.uk/leatherman

as British Forces out here in Canada we also get all the VAT back (20%) - bargain.
                                RGJ

...Once a Rifleman - Always a Rifleman... Celer et Audax

The Rifles

Comment

Working...
                                X