This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Points and signatures

Recently it has become clear that the infraction points system here on IMO isn't enough of a deterrent to stop you all from acting the eejit. As a result, the thresholds before you become moderated or banned have been lowered. Previously, at 15 points you were automatically moderated, and at 30 points you were automatically banned - these have been lowered to 10 and 20 points respectively.

I will also take this opportunity to remind you of the rules on signatures:
    Due to some people really taking the piss with their signature size and content (including people whose signature was 3-4 times the length of their posts), the IMO team have seen fit to impose some limitations.

Size no greater than:
    16 lines small text.
    8 lines normal text.

Images must not be larger than the equivalent of 10 lines of small text in height, and must not be so wide as to cause the page to widen at a screen resolution of 800x600.

No:
    Embedded video.
    Animated images.
    Excessively large quotes.
    Slanderous remarks about administrators (you know who you are).

Final decision rests with the mod/admin team. If you wish to exceed the stated specifications you must PM a mod or admin, who may or may not consider your request. If you ignore these rules, your signature may be edited or removed completely, and your ability to edit it restricted.
    Since many of you have obviously forgotten about the signature requirements, there will be a 3 day amnesty for you to sort out your own signature, after which any signatures that don't comply will be deleted by a mod/admin, and points given out.

Reminder of Signature rules:

Originally posted by Barry View Post
    I will also take this opportunity to remind you of the rules on signatures:

Due to some people really taking the piss with their signature size and content (including people whose signature was 3-4 times the length of their posts), the IMO team have seen fit to impose some limitations.

Size no greater than:
    16 lines small text.
    8 lines normal text.

Images must not be larger than the equivalent of 10 lines of small text in height, and must not be so wide as to cause the page to widen at a screen resolution of 800x600.

No:
    Embedded video.
    Animated images.

Final decision rests with the mod/admin team. If you wish to exceed the stated specifications you must PM a mod or admin, who may or may not consider your request. If you ignore these rules, your signature may be edited or removed completely, and your ability to edit it restricted.
    "Fellow-soldiers of the Irish Republican Army, I have just received a communication from Commandant Pearse calling on us to surrender and you will agree with me that this is the hardest task we have been called upon to perform during this eventful week, but we came into this fight for Irish Independence in obedience to the commands of our higher officers and now in obedience to their wishes we must surrender. I know you would, like myself, prefer to be with our comrades who have already fallen in the fight - we, too, should rather die in this glorious struggle than submit to the enemy." Volunteer Captain Patrick Holahan to 58 of his men at North Brunswick Street, the last group of the Four Courts Garrison to surrender, Sunday 30 April 1916.

Comment

Reminder (for the third time this year) of the signature rules:

Size no greater than:
      16 lines small text.
      8 lines normal text.

No:
      Embedded video.
      Animated images.

Also added: No advertisements, including the BA.
      No links.

Because it's the Christmas period, i have decided to give those of you who do not conform to these rules (and you know who you are - in the main it is the same people all the time!) until St Stephen's Day to change your signatures or else they will be deleted.

Seasons Greetings.
      "Fellow-soldiers of the Irish Republican Army, I have just received a communication from Commandant Pearse calling on us to surrender and you will agree with me that this is the hardest task we have been called upon to perform during this eventful week, but we came into this fight for Irish Independence in obedience to the commands of our higher officers and now in obedience to their wishes we must surrender. I know you would, like myself, prefer to be with our comrades who have already fallen in the fight - we, too, should rather die in this glorious struggle than submit to the enemy." Volunteer Captain Patrick Holahan to 58 of his men at North Brunswick Street, the last group of the Four Courts Garrison to surrender, Sunday 30 April 1916.

Comment

Working...
      X