Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
Results 76 to 100 of 104
  1. #76
    Private 3* Celtic-Warrior's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    North East
    Posts
    456
    Post Thanks / Like
    Im currently using tye issue type.of daysack in OG the Lowe Alpine Sabre 35. Bit am not impressed so am currently looking.at the karrimor predator and The Warrior Assault Systems 3 Day pack, Whats putting me off the Karrimor is that theres no seperate pouch for a camelbak and the price approx €150, Im considering waiting for the Warrior 3 Day in OD or The new Predator in OD also from warrior, Cant provide a link from my phone but check out uktactical.com for more detail. The predator looks savage as it has molle loops inside as well so it can be easily organised!!
    Train Hard Fight Easy!!!!

  2. #77
    Closed Account Docman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    "That would be an ecuminical matter"
    Posts
    4,554
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Celtic-Warrior View Post
    Im currently using tye issue type.of daysack in OG the Lowe Alpine Sabre 35. Bit am not impressed so am currently looking.at the karrimor predator and The Warrior Assault Systems 3 Day pack, Whats putting me off the Karrimor is that theres no seperate pouch for a camelbak and the price approx €150, Im considering waiting for the Warrior 3 Day in OD or The new Predator in OD also from warrior, Cant provide a link from my phone but check out uktactical.com for more detail. The predator looks savage as it has molle loops inside as well so it can be easily organised!!
    I remember seeing this argument somewhere else.

    The Karrimor can carry a Camelbak Thermobak easily. Or you can get one of the specific Karrimor Side pouches which have pockets for the Camelbak.

  3. #78
    Closed Account
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    2,252
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Edmund Blackadder View Post
    It's almost grat season, so I'm scouting around for a few nice things to buy myself as an early Christmas present. A decent daysack is one thing I've been looking at for a bit. Ideally it'd be a 40-45 litre bag, with non-divided main compartment, floated lid if possible, and in OG. These two caught my eye this morning



    http://www.rvops.co.uk/karrimor-sf-p...5-og-2495.html

    and



    http://www.rvops.co.uk/karrimor-sf-s...-dpm-1805.html

    Have you guys any suggestions for other daysacks that fit the spec.?

    Has anyone any experience of using one of the bags I've mentioned?
    One of the lads in work uses the Predator, absolutely loves it. He's put it through some rather rough treatment too.

    I'm picking one up myself.

  4. #79
    Flanders Pidgeon Murderer Captain Edmund Blackadder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Where women blow and men chunder.
    Posts
    677
    Post Thanks / Like
    What price did he pay and where did he buy it?

    What prices are you seeing?
    Aut viam inveniam aut faciam.

  5. #80
    Closed Account
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    2,252
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Edmund Blackadder View Post
    What price did he pay and where did he buy it?

    What prices are you seeing?
    He got a surplus one on Ebay, can't remember the price he told me.

    I ordered mine from www.combatservicesupport.co.uk for £107.

  6. #81
    Commander in Chief apod's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Ass in the grass.
    Posts
    5,238
    Post Thanks / Like
    You get yours in OG or DPM?
    Whats the integration with the issued rocket pouches like?
    Infantry Corps - An Lámh Comhrac


    "Let us be clear about three facts:First of all.All battles and all wars are won in the end by the Infantryman.Secondly the Infantryman bears the brunt of the fighting,his casualties are heavier and he suffers greater extremes of fatigue and discomfort than the other arms.Thirdly,the art of the Infantryman is less stereotyped and harder to acquire than that of any other arm".
    -- Field Marshall Earl Wavell.1948

  7. #82
    Closed Account
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    2,252
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by apod View Post
    You get yours in OG or DPM?
    Whats the integration with the issued rocket pouches like?
    I ordered it in DPM, hasn't been delivered yet.

    The lad in work who uses it currently doesn't use it with rockets pouches. He doesn't seem to have any need for them, as he can fit everything in the pack.

  8. #83
    Closed Account Docman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    "That would be an ecuminical matter"
    Posts
    4,554
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by apod View Post
    Whats the integration with the issued rocket pouches like?
    No prob for the Karrimor

  9. #84
    Flanders Pidgeon Murderer Captain Edmund Blackadder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Where women blow and men chunder.
    Posts
    677
    Post Thanks / Like
    Would it fit into the PLCE rucksack?
    Aut viam inveniam aut faciam.

  10. #85
    Closed Account Docman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    "That would be an ecuminical matter"
    Posts
    4,554
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Edmund Blackadder View Post
    Would it fit into the PLCE rucksack?
    Karrimor - Yes

    You have to make sure the backpack isn't loaded to the gills first or you are carrying a radio (TECMAC 50 has a radio cradle built in) The side zips which hold the side pouches together can also zip together and you can use the side straps to pull it tight to engage the zips. This makes it a lot smaller (about 30L) and fits into the top of the Bergen. Side pouches can then go onto the Bergen.

    I'll try and get pics up later.

  11. #86
    Closed Account Docman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    "That would be an ecuminical matter"
    Posts
    4,554
    Post Thanks / Like
    Pics as promised

    Small Pic is the Karrimor 50 TECMAC with all side pouches stripped off and zipped up standing alongside a Lowe Alpine Sabre 35 (Same as DF Issue) for comparison. Mine has 2 Molle pouches on the front that I didn't take off.

    Large pic is Karrimor with everything added back on including 2 issue Side Pouches. Can also put a Camelbak Thermobak behind 1 side pouch and a entrenching tool behind the other

    Radio pic is the pic of the Radio Cradle inside the TECMAC 50. Only the TECMAC has the radio cradle

    Great little thing about the Karrimor is that the side pouch straps have little inlets which allow you to either put the straps inside the side pouches or outside. See the pic called straps

    Advantages - can carry a pile with the Karrimor, Molle strap so can easily put on more pouches if needed - lots of straps and easy to take on those items you get landed with at the last minute - radio, ammo, NVE.

    Disadvantages - nearly too many straps and you need a strap manager to stop them all flying around. Can easily lead to overload so you have to be strict in your packing - it is a daysack so only carry what you would normally carry in a daysack. Weighs 2kg with nothing packed into it. PRICE!!!

    http://www.kitmonster.co.uk/product_...roducts_id/391
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Docman; 29th November 2011 at 17:22.

  12. #87
    Closed Account
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    The Valley of the Shadow of Death
    Posts
    3,160
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks Docman.
    One question, does the TEMAC 50 allow you have a SINCGAR in the cradle, while still keeping the main body of pack on top of it? I.e. can you zip it up on the sides with the radio sat in there? Or do you have to completely remove the pack to use the radio cradle?
    Last edited by SwiftandSure; 30th November 2011 at 14:19.

  13. #88
    Closed Account Docman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    "That would be an ecuminical matter"
    Posts
    4,554
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SwiftandSure View Post
    One question, does the TEMAC 50 allow you have a SINCGAR in the cradle, while still keeping the main body of pack on top of it? I.e. can you zip it up on the sides with the radio sat in there? Or do you have to completely remove the pack to use the radio cradle?
    Yes. The Cradle can be carried on its own or the main pack is zipped onto it. You would have to open the top cover to get at the controls but the handset comes out easily.
    Last edited by Docman; 30th November 2011 at 15:23.

  14. #89
    Sargent Major paul's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    1,232
    Post Thanks / Like
    Don't stand there GAWPING, like you've never seen the hand of God BEFORE!!

  15. #90
    Closed Account
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    The Valley of the Shadow of Death
    Posts
    3,160
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm fairly sold on the TECMAC 50. Now to write my Christmas list to Santa.....

  16. #91
    Wicklaman
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by paul View Post
    You'd have some job fitting that in the top of your Bergen, hey.

  17. #92
    Closed Account Docman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    "That would be an ecuminical matter"
    Posts
    4,554
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Wicklaman View Post
    You'd have some job fitting that in the top of your Bergen, hey.
    Yes with all the Side Pouches etc.

    But take them off (or don't put them on), put them back on the Bergen, zip up the daysack and it gets quite small. See my post above.

  18. #93
    Wicklaman
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Docman View Post
    Yes with all the Side Pouches etc.

    But take them off (or don't put them on), put them back on the Bergen, zip up the daysack and it gets quite small. See my post above.
    Ah, yes, thanks.

    I've been using one of the Mil-Tec 30-litre jobbies for the RDF, but this does look the business. I see that the video advertises the 'drybag'-style closing at the top - would the contents of the bag be protected from a dip in a river?

  19. #94
    Closed Account Docman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    "That would be an ecuminical matter"
    Posts
    4,554
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Wicklaman View Post
    Ah, yes, thanks.

    I've been using one of the Mil-Tec 30-litre jobbies for the RDF, but this does look the business. I see that the video advertises the 'drybag'-style closing at the top - would the contents of the bag be protected from a dip in a river?
    Yes. The lining lies loose up against the radio cradle but is part of the wall of the other 3 sides of the backpack. Goes completely around and closes with the normal dry seal.

    This applies to the TECMAC 50 only as AFAIK the others don't have the radio cradle.

    It is not very heavy so I foresee issues with any sharp items on the radio tearing the lining. Being part of the wall on the other 3 sides gives it a lot more strength.
    Last edited by Docman; 30th November 2011 at 22:54.

  20. #95
    Wicklaman
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Docman View Post
    This applies to the TECMAC 50 only as AFAIK the others don't have the radio cradle.
    You mean the Patrol version? So, that particular one wouldn't be river-proof?

  21. #96
    Closed Account Docman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    "That would be an ecuminical matter"
    Posts
    4,554
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Wicklaman View Post
    You mean the Patrol version? So, that particular one wouldn't be river-proof?
    What Patrol Version? There is the Sabre, Predator and TECMAC - they are all classed as Patrol Packs

    TECMAC is riverproof (as much as something can be) because of the dry bag lining, the others, I'm fairly sure, only have the standard draw strings.

  22. #97
    Closed Account
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    The Valley of the Shadow of Death
    Posts
    3,160
    Post Thanks / Like

  23. #98
    Wicklaman
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Docman View Post
    What Patrol Version? There is the Sabre, Predator and TECMAC - they are all classed as Patrol Packs

    TECMAC is riverproof (as much as something can be) because of the dry bag lining, the others, I'm fairly sure, only have the standard draw strings.
    Sorry - the Sabre. I'm guessing that the TECMAC's not going to be available for £107...

  24. #99
    Closed Account Docman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    "That would be an ecuminical matter"
    Posts
    4,554
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Wicklaman View Post
    Sorry - the Sabre. I'm guessing that the TECMAC's not going to be available for £107...
    £125 on E-bay
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/Karrimor-SF-.../dp/B0043QMFAA

    Cheapest I can see - I told you it wasn't cheap - and that doesn't include side pouches.

  25. #100
    Wicklaman
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Docman View Post
    £125 on E-bay
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/Karrimor-SF-.../dp/B0043QMFAA

    Cheapest I can see - I told you it wasn't cheap - and that doesn't include side pouches.
    It does look like the business, though. If there's still an RDF this time next year, I'd certainly get one with the grat. Time to keep an eye out for rocket pouches on eBay...

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •