No announcement yet.

Looking for a good backpack.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There's something just wrong about wearing sunglasses and a beret.

Comment

Originally posted by Barry View Post
      I went into great outdoors and got one of the staff there to measure using the fancy measuring stick thing.
      The technical term is 'ruler'...
      "The dolphins were monkeys that didn't like the land, walked back to the water, went back from the sand."

Comment

At the weekend I got my two man tent daysack, sleeping bag etc and all of the other bits and pieces nicely into my PLCE rucksack. It really is a science, packing light ( reminded every time )

Putting the daysack under the flap doesn't really work, though, you have to put it inside the main pack.

Or am I doing something wrong.
        "Are they trying to shoot down the other drone? "

"No, they're trying to fly the tank"

Comment

Originally posted by SwiftandSure View Post
          There's something just wrong about wearing sunglasses and a beret.
          I was more curious about the facepaint and sunglasses......
          But then I am awkward!
          But there's no danger
          It's a professional career
          Though it could be arranged
          With just a word in Mr. Churchill's ear
          If you're out of luck you're out of work
          We could send you to johannesburg.

(Elvis Costello, Olivers Army)

Comment

Originally posted by apod View Post
            Actually(and heres a bit of usefull info if anyone starts whinging about it being BA DPM) its Dutch DPM not British.Similar but different.The dutch issue the saracen to their lads too.
            He's well prepped for the game of soccer as well
            Beyond the Leap, beyond the law!

Comment

Originally posted by trellheim View Post
              At the weekend I got my two man tent daysack, sleeping bag etc and all of the other bits and pieces nicely into my PLCE rucksack. It really is a science, packing light ( reminded every time )

Putting the daysack under the flap doesn't really work, though, you have to put it inside the main pack.

Or am I doing something wrong.
              No.Not at all.Sleeping system goes in the bottom compartment(divider closed and tied off)Fully packed daysack goes in the main compartment(rear of daysack facing towards rear of Bergen).If you are using a Camelbak it goes in the daysack and you route the tube out over the left shoulder using the port provided in the Bergen.Spare clothes in one side pouch.Rations/Cooker/water etc in other.Admin items in Lid pockets.
              SIIIIIIIMPLES!
              "Let us be clear about three facts. First, all battles and all wars are won in the end by the infantryman. Secondly, the infantryman always bears the brunt. His casualties are heavier, he suffers greater extremes of discomfort and fatigue than the other arms. Thirdly, the art of the infantryman is less stereotyped and far harder to acquire in modern war than that of any other arm." ------- Field Marshall Wavell, April 1945.

Comment

Originally posted by FMolloy View Post
                The technical term is 'ruler'...
                Only if your ruler is a big "S" shape
                CRIME SCENE INSTIGATOR

Comment

Apod, trellheim is talking about PLCE rucksack not new issue one.

packing PLCE rucksack as per current issue one is more difficult because of lack of compartment divider and sizing of PLCE rucksack if putting current issue daysack in it.
                  An army is power. Its entire purpose is to coerce others. This power can not be used carelessly or recklessly. This power can do great harm. We have seen more suffering than any man should ever see, and if there is going to be an end to it, it must be an end that justifies the cost. Joshua Lawrence Chamberlain

Comment

Originally posted by X-RayOne View Post
                    Apod, trellheim is talking about PLCE rucksack not new issue one.

packing PLCE rucksack as per current issue one is more difficult because of lack of compartment divider and sizing of PLCE rucksack if putting current issue daysack in it.
                    You ain't been around for a while, X Ray One.... home from a trip ?
                    "Well, stone me! We've had cocaine, bribery and Arsenal scoring two goals at home. But just when you thought there were truly no surprises left in football, Vinnie Jones turns out to be an international player!" (Jimmy Greaves)!"

Comment

lol...well spotted!! Spies everywhere!!
                      An army is power. Its entire purpose is to coerce others. This power can not be used carelessly or recklessly. This power can do great harm. We have seen more suffering than any man should ever see, and if there is going to be an end to it, it must be an end that justifies the cost. Joshua Lawrence Chamberlain

Comment

Looks like i got the wrong end of the stick.I thought he had a Saracen.My bad.
                        "Let us be clear about three facts. First, all battles and all wars are won in the end by the infantryman. Secondly, the infantryman always bears the brunt. His casualties are heavier, he suffers greater extremes of discomfort and fatigue than the other arms. Thirdly, the art of the infantryman is less stereotyped and far harder to acquire in modern war than that of any other arm." ------- Field Marshall Wavell, April 1945.

Comment

at the moment is the thinking that all the mission gear goes in the daysac still ? Normally you'd end up toting a rake of ammo or even "representative weights "

I used to (try and ) keep one rocket pouch free for a baby SINCGAR or ammo on the main pack - is this still reasonable ? most of the time
                          "Are they trying to shoot down the other drone? "

"No, they're trying to fly the tank"

Comment

ALL mission essential kit goes in the daysack.If you leave your Bergen in a Bergen cache or you have to ditch it in an emergency you still have your ordnance with you.Rockets are now supposed to be used for personal kit and ration etc.

There are few things more embarrassing or possibly detrimental than needing your spare Link or NVE,Radio btys etc and realising that it/theyare back in your Bergen miles back the road.Better to be looking at them than looking for them and your Patrol pack is part of your CEFO anyway.
                            Last edited by apod; 24 February 2011, 19:40.

Comment

What are the straps for on the saracens rockets? the outer ones look like comperssion straps but underneath theres a wider strap from top to bottom of them?
                              Train Hard Fight Easy!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Celtic-Warrior View Post
                                What are the straps for on the saracens rockets? the outer ones look like comperssion straps but underneath theres a wider strap from top to bottom of them?
                                Zip them together and all will become clear

Comment

Working...
                                X