No announcement yet.

camouflage II

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yup, Australian. Most likely SASR or 2 Cdo. from the Special Operations Task Group.
    "Attack your attic with a Steyr....as seen on the Late Late Show..."

Comment

So the Aussies have switched from their distinctive DPM (yuck!) to multicam?

Comment

Originally posted by RoyalGreenJacket View Post
        i know we are pioneers of camouflage but i can't see the British Army being issued with camo boots anytime soon.

mind you - i never thought i would see the day when i was issued with camo shorts.

[
        We wore shorts in Cyprus, both the old style Bush Greens shorts and the UN Whites Shorts,

all with the issue hush puppy desert boot.

Ah those were the days
        Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold;
        Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world,
        The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere***
        The ceremony of innocence is drowned;
        The best lack all conviction, while the worst
        Are full of passionate intensity.

Comment

Originally posted by easyrider View Post
          Yup, for those deployed on Operation Slipper so far, I think they may be keeping their jelly bean camo for temperate conditions. The midpoint camo (blend of temperate and desert) seen on the ground in your pic is not going to be used.
          "Attack your attic with a Steyr....as seen on the Late Late Show..."

Comment

I was reading over on ARRSE that the rollout of the new MTP combat uniform to non Herrick troops will begin in April.Each soldier will recieve 2 smocks and three each of shirts, pants and UBACS in a temperate weight material.Lighter material in same cut for overseas.New shirts to have side opening "map pockets on chest and cargo pockets on sleeves .Ancillary items such as new microfleece Norgie(we got there first RGJ) and "buffalo" shirt will soon follow.
            Last edited by apod; 5 February 2011, 12:02.
            "Let us be clear about three facts. First, all battles and all wars are won in the end by the infantryman. Secondly, the infantryman always bears the brunt. His casualties are heavier, he suffers greater extremes of discomfort and fatigue than the other arms. Thirdly, the art of the infantryman is less stereotyped and far harder to acquire in modern war than that of any other arm." ------- Field Marshall Wavell, April 1945.

Comment

Originally posted by easyrider View Post

Those are the weirdist looking camo ever..
              Don't think i could take an Aussie in his PJ's seriously
              Life's short, party naked :-)

Comment

the sas lads are fond of the tight trousers look...

Comment

Originally posted by apod View Post
                  I was reading over on ARRSE that the rollout of the new MTP combat uniform to non Herrick troops will begin in April.Each soldier will recieve 2 smocks and three each of shirts, pants and UBACS in a temperate weight material.Lighter material in same cut for overseas.New shirts to have side opening "map pockets on chest and cargo pockets on sleeves .Ancillary items such as new microfleece Norgie(we got there first RGJ) and "buffalo" shirt will soon follow.
                  that's pretty much the scaling we get now except for the UBACS and we get issued 2 original style norwegian shirts. we get issued softee's instead of a buffalo shirt, i'm guessing the buffalo will be an intermediate layer as the softee is often too warm. you can add a floppy hat to that kit list too.

it all sounds good, but wait until some desk jockey high ranking officer in Whitehall decides "oh my god - they haven't tucked their shirts in - i know, i'll write it into the dress regs to have their shirts tucked in, meehh, jolly good".

you guys have the right idea with shirts 'untucked', along with every other army.

anyhow, what's that gucci new norwegian shirt like apod? can't believe you got it before us - how bloody dare you, i say how bloody dare you?!
                  RGJ

...Once a Rifleman - Always a Rifleman... Celer et Audax

The Rifles

Comment

you guys have the right idea with shirts 'untucked', along with every other army.
                    I dunno, I kinda like the Brit's concept of having regimental belts for each Unit, so you know the difference between Units. Although I suppose, you have different beret's too so that covers that.

One thing that annoys me about over here is you can't tell what Unit someone is from unless they're from the Cav or in their No. 1's.

I wish we had something like the Unit belts over here, so you can tell the difference between the hats and non hats. Which over here is the Vikings being the non hats and the rest of the Army being rampant hats.

Comment

Originally posted by Hello Alaska View Post
                      I wish we had something like the Unit belts over here, so you can tell the difference between the hats and non hats. Which over here is the Vikings being the non hats and the rest of the Army being rampant hats.
                      An easier way of doing this could be to have unit titles on the bottom of the rank slides, again like the Brits do. Even if you made them optional, I'd say most people would pay for them.

Examples: (including a rifles one, just for RGJ)

Comment

I dunno, I kinda like the Brit's concept of having regimental belts for each Unit, so you know the difference between Units. Although I suppose, you have different beret's too so that covers that.

One thing that annoys me about over here is you can't tell what Unit someone is from unless they're from the Cav or in their No. 1's.

Its easy to distinguish Vikings from the ner do wells in the rest of the DF;

Vikings walk upright and have no scrapes and cuts on their knuckles,

whereas the ner do wells are mainly hunch backs with no skin on their knuckes

and they all have mono brows and seeminlgy they all marry their cousins.

5 Bn arent quiet Vikings but they arent as inbred as the rest
                        Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold;
                        Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world,
                        The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere***
                        The ceremony of innocence is drowned;
                        The best lack all conviction, while the worst
                        Are full of passionate intensity.

Comment

There is most likely some bs reason behind that, if its cost cutting or just uniformity, the DF really have to get back to some way of defining different units, if it be different belts, head dress or unit flashes.
                          Don't stand there GAWPING, like you've never seen the hand of God BEFORE!!

Comment

thanks Barry - i owe you one

we also have TRF's (Tactical Recognition Flash) for all of the Corps i.e. REME, Signals, RLC, Engineers etc. and some Infantry Regiments have them too.

REME TRF:

SIGNALS TRF:

RLC TRF:

Royal Anglian (The REAL Vikings) TRF:

TRF's are worn on the upper right arm of all combat uniforms.

it's good to be able to tell at a glance what trade someone is.
                            Last edited by RoyalGreenJacket; 6 February 2011, 23:44.
                            RGJ

...Once a Rifleman - Always a Rifleman... Celer et Audax

The Rifles

Comment

thanks Barry - i owe you one

we also have TRF's (Tactical Recognition Flash) for all of the Corps i.e. REME, Signals, RLC, Engineers etc. and some Infantry Regiments have them too.

REME TRF:

TRF's are worn on the upper right arm of all combat uniforms.
                              Do you not have a problem with other nationalities, such as the yanks who wear their national flag in the same position, struggling to identify where you're from, due to the incorrect assumption that it is a national flag.

Or is it just "Dumb Yanks!" and jog on?
                              CRIME SCENE INSTIGATOR

Comment

Originally posted by hedgehog View Post
                                Its easy to distinguish Vikings from the ner do wells in the rest of the DF;

Vikings walk upright and have no scrapes and cuts on their knuckles,

whereas the ner do wells are mainly hunch backs with no skin on their knuckes

and they all have mono brows and seeminlgy they all marry their cousins.

5 Bn arent quiet Vikings but they arent as inbred as the rest
                                Actually the rest of the Army,5 Bn included would say that was a perfect description of ye!!And from what i saw in CBB for the last two weeks we may be right!

Oh and i am surprised at you Hedgie.You whinge about yours truly and others here using words such as Bergen(considered too British RGJ) but give Alaska a free pass for using "Hats"? A blatantly Para reg term of endearment for all non maroon beret wearing regiments.
                                Of course HA it doesnt really apply when the Echo hotels(2 bn) wear the same beret as everybody else in the DF(ARW and Bags excluded)

PS: RGJ I posted pics of the new microfleece norgie in the "Good Kit" thread a while back.Colour is changing soon though to IP-DPM from OG.
                                Last edited by apod; 7 February 2011, 22:12.
                                "Let us be clear about three facts. First, all battles and all wars are won in the end by the infantryman. Secondly, the infantryman always bears the brunt. His casualties are heavier, he suffers greater extremes of discomfort and fatigue than the other arms. Thirdly, the art of the infantryman is less stereotyped and far harder to acquire in modern war than that of any other arm." ------- Field Marshall Wavell, April 1945.

Comment

Working...
                                X