No announcement yet.

camouflage II

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Who says the Air Corps get it right, when it comes to flag protocol? That flag on the Fin is backwards, as far as I'm concerned, but from experience, the Don was never very good at getting the details right when it came to painting it's fleet. Clearly, if that is to be believed, Aer Lingus and Ryanair have got it wrong.
    regards
    GttC

Comment

Originally posted by easyrider View Post
      Digital camouflage on prototype of India's new indigenous attack helicopter. Does this type of camo work?

DigiCam is sooooo 90's! (this was actually one of the reasons stated for us ignoring any form of DigiCam in the selection of our new MTP)

An easier way of doing this could be to have unit titles on the bottom of the rank slides, again like the Brits do. Even if you made them optional, I'd say most people would pay for them
      then make it policy army wide now - during the re-org and be one step ahead of everyone else.

making them policy will mean they are issued.

the designs of our rank slides are Regimental Policy, not Army Policy however we are still issued them - paid for by Regimental Funds i believe.
      RGJ

...Once a Rifleman - Always a Rifleman... Celer et Audax

The Rifles

Comment

Originally posted by knocker View Post
        steady..
        Guess what my civvi job is....
        "Well, stone me! We've had cocaine, bribery and Arsenal scoring two goals at home. But just when you thought there were truly no surprises left in football, Vinnie Jones turns out to be an international player!" (Jimmy Greaves)!"

Comment

Originally posted by Truck Driver View Post
          Guess what my civvi job is....
          ermmmm....Truck Driver?!
          RGJ

...Once a Rifleman - Always a Rifleman... Celer et Audax

The Rifles

Comment

Originally posted by RoyalGreenJacket View Post
            ermmmm....Truck Driver?!
            .... Nice Try.....
            "Well, stone me! We've had cocaine, bribery and Arsenal scoring two goals at home. But just when you thought there were truly no surprises left in football, Vinnie Jones turns out to be an international player!" (Jimmy Greaves)!"

Comment

Originally posted by GoneToTheCanner View Post
              Who says the Air Corps get it right, when it comes to flag protocol? That flag on the Fin is backwards, as far as I'm concerned, but from experience, the Don was never very good at getting the details right when it came to painting it's fleet. Clearly, if that is to be believed, Aer Lingus and Ryanair have got it wrong.
              regards
              GttC
              The Protocol Section, Department of the Taoiseach. Yes, it is backwards, and that's the way it should be

Originally posted by RoyalGreenJacket View Post
              but what if there is a strong wind blowing left to right?!

fecked then aren't they?!

stick it on the left arm like the British and Irish do and it's job done
              You just have it easy because the Union Flag is practically symmetrical. The Flags and Heraldry Committee of the UK Parliament state that your flag should be reversed when on the right hand side of vehicles.
              "Attack your attic with a Steyr....as seen on the Late Late Show..."

Comment

Originally posted by concussion View Post
                The Protocol Section, Department of the Taoiseach. Yes, it is backwards, and that's the way it should be
                Where does it say that. Searched the website but nothing about it.

Comment

Run a search for 'flag protocol' on that site and you'll find a .pdf file entitled "The National Flag". Having just re-read the entire thing, it actually DOES NOT mention how the flag is to be portrayed on vehicles/aircraft/right shoulders. I am quite confident that a query to the the section would yield an answer confirming that the reverse should be shown on the right hand side.

Comment

Is it not that the flag should be on both sides of an object for example the tail fin of a plane it should appear on both sides. Since it is treated as a flag it has a forward and reverse side.

Comment

Hi there,
                      Flying a painted "flag" backwards is just plain wrong.It should be presented to the viewer as if it were flying from a flagstaff, with the staff to the viewer's left , regardless of which side of the ship/aircraft/vehicle/uniform it is on. As you can see from the US soldiers in the photos, the reversed US Flag looks stupid. If someone insists that areverse flag be flown, then get them to make one and fly it off a real flagstaff. They won't be long getting corrected
                      With regard to the Union Jack, it is frequently flown upside-down, by mistake and even the House of Commons did it once.

end of pedantic moment.

regards
                      GttC

Comment

Boulder camouflaged with mirrors

Attached Files
                        Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum

Comment

I think it makes perfect sense - if you actually had a tiny flag on the aircraft it would be flying green into the direction of travel, which is back to front when viewed from the right.

Great photo Archimedes, where did you find it?

Comment

Originally posted by GoneToTheCanner View Post
                            Flying a painted "flag" backwards is just plain wrong.It should be presented to the viewer as if it were flying from a flagstaff
                            If you put a flag on a flag staff it would still look backwards if the wind was blowing the other way...........

Comment

Originally posted by Archimedes View Post
                              Boulder camouflaged with mirrors

Thats not a rock thats predator!
                              But there's no danger
                              It's a professional career
                              Though it could be arranged
                              With just a word in Mr. Churchill's ear
                              If you're out of luck you're out of work
                              We could send you to johannesburg.

(Elvis Costello, Olivers Army)

Comment