No announcement yet.

FREE Maxifuel for members of the DF

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Package arrived today cheers duffman a great sample pack will definitely buy some in the future for tactical phases ect
    Train Hard Fight Easy!!!!

Comment

Madmullen & Buck if you could PM me your details I will follow this up for you.
      "Many a time a man's mouth broke his nose"

"Don't waste money buying expensive binoculars. Simply stand next to the object you wish to view."

Comment

The Viper Boost is smashing. Haven't had a chance to use the Viper Active but might use some before a run tomorrow.

And whoever decided to use cherry as a flavour for a protein bar is a sick, sick individual.

Comment

Ha ha Alaska it seems to be like marmite for ppl. I love it!

Folks, I've had people asking about best way to use gels. The www.maxifuel.ie site has specific training advice but heres a snapshot.

Taking on just water can dilute sodium levels in the blood as we lose salts through sweat during the event. This can lead to unfavorable symptoms such as nausea, dizziness and in severe instances of extreme water intake (symptomatic of hyponatraemia) coma and death.

Just drinking water, squash or a sports drink without these salts can also lead to an increase in your need to urinate, which is not ideal in the middle of the marathon. Salts have an added advantage of reducing urine output and keeping you running rather than queuing for the toilet, so make sure they are in your drink.

Viper Active Gels contain salts in addition to carbohydrate so are ideal to replace that lost in sweat when you don’t have access to Viper Active drink. Combining each gel sachet with 250-300ml water per 30 minutes in the later stages of an event will keep your energy levels up to support a good performance.

Take a small sip of gel and wash it down with water. Hold it in your hand with the top folded over and then sip again a few minutes later and continue with water. Eating the gel in one go may leave you at risk of stomach cramps as concentrated carbohydrate enters the body without enough fluid.

I personally throw back the Active gels in 2 gulps with a few sips of water and it works fine for me. But everyone is different.

Again, practice, practice, practice so that you know your body gets on with your products.
          Last edited by Duffman; 7 April 2011, 19:19.

"Don't waste money buying expensive binoculars. Simply stand next to the object you wish to view."

Comment

Recieved this at the time, many thanks duffman!
            Everyone who's ever loved you was wrong.

Comment

Cheers jack! Anyone else with any queries feel free to PM.

Comment

ive a query...

any more free stuff?

also... backpacks in hardgillan this weekend? bring maxi
                "He is an enemy officer taken in battle and entitled to fair treatment."
                "No, sir. He's a sergeant, and they don't deserve no respect at all, sir. I should know. They're cunning and artful, if they're any good. I wouldn't mind if he was an officer, sir. But sergeants are clever."

Comment

Working...
                X