FREE Maxifuel for members of the DF

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Goose View Post
    Surely the Nikwax is better for the breathability of gore-tex boots compared to Kiwi. Its even designed for and recommended to use on Gore-Tex even by some of the manufacturers. Its the only stuff I ever use on my boots and seems to work great.
    i agree Goose, none of my boots - Lowa's or Altberg's recommend polish, but they both recommend an impregnator - such as NikWax.

i do give them a light dusting of polish for barracks use but when headed out into the field an impregnator is much better.
    RGJ

...Once a Rifleman - Always a Rifleman... Celer et Audax

The Rifles

Comment

Originally posted by Duffman View Post
      Yup PM me the contact details and will amend accordingly.
      Done.Thanks.

Originally posted by Goose View Post
      Surely the Nikwax is better for the breathability of gore-tex boots compared to Kiwi. Its even designed for and recommended to use on Gore-Tex even by some of the manufacturers. Its the only stuff I ever use on my boots and seems to work great.
      I have both care guides(that came with them) for my Lowas in front of me.Point seven in the small leaflet says"avoid oils and fats".Fats include wax and dubbin.
      In the larger leaflet point seven expands upon this.
      "Oils and fats can only be recommend for use in exceptional circumstances.
      Athough oils and fats make the leather very soft,the footwear will lose some of its rigidity and the pores of the leather will become clogged,which means the leather will lose much of its breathability-the wellington boots syndrome."
      In the guide leaflet for my issue Haix boots it clearly states that polish will not effect the performance of the boots.
      My understanding from talking to outdoor equipment experts is that polish will sit on the outer layer of the boot to a certain extent but replenishes the natural oils in the leather thus stopping them from overdrying and cracking.
      Wax/fat products soak into the leather and do as described above.
      The worst thing you can use ,esp on Goretex type boots is scuff coat.That REALLY soaks through the leather and attacks the breathable membrane.Not good for expensive boots!

Aplogies MODS for going off topic.
      "Let us be clear about three facts. First, all battles and all wars are won in the end by the infantryman. Secondly, the infantryman always bears the brunt. His casualties are heavier, he suffers greater extremes of discomfort and fatigue than the other arms. Thirdly, the art of the infantryman is less stereotyped and far harder to acquire in modern war than that of any other arm." ------- Field Marshall Wavell, April 1945.

Comment

Kiwi polish is an oil. NikWax is a brand name in reality its not wax and is designed to remain breathable while repelling water. Its made for gortex boots:

Since 1977, Nikwax has been the global leader in environmentally safe aftercare and waterproofing solutions that extend the life and performance of technical footwear, clothing and equipment.

Comment

BTW my package from Maxifuel arrived this morning, cant wait to give it a go between exercises and adventure races.

Comment

I'm considering a move out into A&AR, as only forum members can see this thread, also I'll split the bootpolish thing out into its own thread, I've a mind to set up a separate "Gear" forum as well.
            "Are they trying to shoot down the other drone? "

"No, they're trying to fly the tank"

Comment

btw where are all you RDF Maxifuel chompers when the orienteering comes round ?
              "Are they trying to shoot down the other drone? "

"No, they're trying to fly the tank"

Comment

Originally posted by trellheim View Post
                On shooting teams

Comment

Glad to hear it arrived safe Muzzle, any feedback greatly welcomed. We've a few products in the pipelines that are soldier friendly.

Response has been huge from the DF. So will probably run out of the free stock by end of day.

Trellheim, would loved to of been there but as per usual we get word last minute and it was on a range day for most of us!
                  "Many a time a man's mouth broke his nose"

"Don't waste money buying expensive binoculars. Simply stand next to the object you wish to view."

Comment

I'm considering a move out into A&AR, as only forum members can see this thread, also I'll split the bootpolish thing out into its own thread, I've a mind to set up a separate "Gear" forum as well.
                    I thought we already had one?

Catch-22 says they have a right to do anything we can't stop them from doing.

Comment

Probably doing some proper training instead of that orienteering shite

Comment

Received with thanks!

Comment

Received mine today ... Thanks Duffman
                          I went into an Italian restaurant and ordered dessert and they gave me tiramisu and a blindfolded horse and I said No, I said mask a pony (mascarpone)

Comment

Due to huge demand, we are now all out of sample packs as of 5 mins ago! Apologies to all that have not yet applied. To those that have you can expect your delivery by the end of the week.

Watch this space for further samples etc. For anyone doing the 1/2 Marathon tomorrow we should have a few gels knocking around at that too.
                            "Many a time a man's mouth broke his nose"

"Don't waste money buying expensive binoculars. Simply stand next to the object you wish to view."

Comment

A friend of mine received theirs but still no sign of mine and she ordered after me? Any chance my email wasn't received duffman? Il Pm you my name if you could check?
                              Train Hard Fight Easy!!!!

Comment

Received mine earlier, great stuff, thanks for the offer!
                                "Attack your attic with a Steyr....as seen on the Late Late Show..."

Comment

Working...
                                X