Cambrian Patrol 2011

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RoyalGreenJacket View Post
    well lads - the offer is there - the Ops Officer called me today and was keen to get things off the ground, despite the operations we are involved in.

would be a shame to waste this genuine offer.

Sounds like a good gig.

Comment

i cleared out my inbox so i don't have the original PM's - please PM me again ref this exped.
      RGJ

...Once a Rifleman - Always a Rifleman... Celer et Audax

The Rifles

Comment

so i take it the Irish DF will not be attending this year?

i'm just asking so i can tell the Ops Officer of 1Royal Irish to stand down on their offer to host a unit from the Irish DF.
        RGJ

The Rifles

Comment

looks like not happening... will be running in the commando speed march next year in scotland though.
          "He is an enemy officer taken in battle and entitled to fair treatment."
          "No, sir. He's a sergeant, and they don't deserve no respect at all, sir. I should know. They're cunning and artful, if they're any good. I wouldn't mind if he was an officer, sir. But sergeants are clever."

Comment

no worries, best of luck in Scotland, i can try jack this up for next year if any Irish DF units are up for it - we certainly are and there should be no excuse not to to be honest once you have a team of motivated soldiers as we have made it as simple and welcoming as possible to look after a team from the Irish DF, once they make the trip over here.
            RGJ

The Rifles

Comment

Well done to 3 Inf Bn getting silver

Comment

Well done to all.
                For now, everything hangs on implementation of the CoDF report.

Comment

Well done The Bloods
                  "Well, stone me! We've had cocaine, bribery and Arsenal scoring two goals at home. But just when you thought there were truly no surprises left in football, Vinnie Jones turns out to be an international player!" (Jimmy Greaves)!"

Comment

More news.
                    Waterford's Lt Shane Flood and Cpl Sean Fleming were part of a Defence Forces team that made Ireland proud over the weekend in Wales. They won silver medals at the Cambrian Patrol in the Brecon Beacons, an annual international event considered the "toughest military exercise worldwide". Ei...

On a side note the coverage that the Irish team got on the Army in Wales Twitter page was notable in its absence.Which is a nice way of saying that they got F**k all coverage! Even Reserve and UOTC units had videos of their (silver)medals being presented as did the majority of the Foreign teams.No sign of the Paddies though. Bad form when you consider that they did so well.
                    Last edited by apod; 22 October 2018, 20:53.
                    "Let us be clear about three facts. First, all battles and all wars are won in the end by the infantryman. Secondly, the infantryman always bears the brunt. His casualties are heavier, he suffers greater extremes of discomfort and fatigue than the other arms. Thirdly, the art of the infantryman is less stereotyped and far harder to acquire in modern war than that of any other arm." ------- Field Marshall Wavell, April 1945.

Comment

Gold medal for 2 R IRISH

My eldest is in the process of joining them; good outfit
                      'History is a vast early warning system'. Norman Cousins

Comment

Originally posted by spider View Post
                        Gold medal for 2 R IRISH

My eldest is in the process of joining them; good outfit
                        No.
                        A Top Notch outfit.Great blokes.Love to see a greater relationship between ourselves and them.
                        "Let us be clear about three facts. First, all battles and all wars are won in the end by the infantryman. Secondly, the infantryman always bears the brunt. His casualties are heavier, he suffers greater extremes of discomfort and fatigue than the other arms. Thirdly, the art of the infantryman is less stereotyped and far harder to acquire in modern war than that of any other arm." ------- Field Marshall Wavell, April 1945.

Comment

Originally posted by apod View Post
                          No.

A Top Notch outfit.Great blokes.Love to see a greater relationship between ourselves and them.
                          And reserves at that

A few formerly off members have been down in the past

Comment

Working...
                          X