Cambrian Patrol 2011

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Goldie fish View Post
    What mess? There are no unit messes. If you attempted to put anything in a Barrack mess the laughter from the mess president would cause a new round of army deafness.
    And the civvys who fill it would pay no attention anyway.
    Wrong..There are plenty of silverware in Messes belonging to individuals and teams part taking in sporting/military events..

Comment

It always struck me as being "cliquey", maybe it was just the messes I was in.

Catch-22 says they have a right to do anything we can't stop them from doing.

Comment

Wrong..There are plenty of silverware in Messes belonging to individuals and teams part taking in sporting/military events.
        Yep.

if anyone is considering applying, as has been said before, official sanction would be required through unit comds all the way to the top, PLUS you need to think about logistics and transport
        "Are they trying to shoot down the other drone? "

"No, they're trying to fly the tank"

Comment

Originally posted by RoyalGreenJacket View Post
          if you need any help with finding a British Army unit to host you then let me know.
          I may just take you up on that offer mate. Any help would be much appreciated.

Originally posted by SwiftandSure View Post
          I'm sure if an RDF unit completed the patrol, it would raise a few eyebrows as well.
          No reason they can't, you're looking at nearly 7 months prep time for it. Plus, you still have FTT this summer don't you?

Go for it.

Originally posted by trellheim View Post
          Yep.

if anyone is considering applying, as has been said before, official sanction would be required through unit comds all the way to the top, PLUS you need to think about logistics and transport
          Me and DCOS Ops are bff's. If they can manage to move hundreds of troops halfway across the globe, along with weapons, Mowag's and everything else... I'm sure 11 troops going to Britain without weapons is achievable

Comment

Originally posted by Hello Alaska View Post
            I may just take you up on that offer mate. Any help would be much appreciated.
            do you have any particular preference?

i recommend staying close to Brecon, i can give my friends in 14 Signal Regiment (Electronic Warfare) a call if you like, as they are located between Pembroke and Fishguard in Wales.
            RGJ

...Once a Rifleman - Always a Rifleman... Celer et Audax

The Rifles

Comment

email sent to 1RIRISH as promised, however i got the auto-reply that they are on Post Operational Tour Leave so when they get back they will let me know.
              RGJ

The Rifles

Comment

My unit is trying to gather a team up for the Cambrian Patrol competition as well.

Comment

Originally posted by rod and serpent View Post
                  My unit is trying to gather a team up for the Cambrian Patrol competition as well.
                  excellent - start your tabbing training now!
                  RGJ

The Rifles

Comment

Originally posted by RoyalGreenJacket View Post
                    excellent - start your tabbing training now!

We`ve already made a start, we are in training for the Army Medical Services Patrol competition in May.

Comment

i have just received word that 1 Royal Irish are now able to support a team from the Irish DF to enter the Cambrian Patrol 2011 - please let me know if any of you are still interested.
                      RGJ

The Rifles

Comment

Anyone PDF or RDF doing this?
                        "He is an enemy officer taken in battle and entitled to fair treatment."
                        "No, sir. He's a sergeant, and they don't deserve no respect at all, sir. I should know. They're cunning and artful, if they're any good. I wouldn't mind if he was an officer, sir. But sergeants are clever."

Comment

time is running out - if you have PM'd me before about this then please get in touch again as the Royal Irish are willing to host a unit from the Irish DF for the duration.

Keef, i've seen the Admin Instruction - you are the brew bitch
                          RGJ

The Rifles

Comment

2 Bn's application has been bogged down in red tape in the upper echelons. Due to ongoing operational commitments I doubt we could even train and participate in it within the time frame.
                            To close with and kill the enemy in all weather conditions, night and day and over any terrain

Comment

Originally posted by HavocIRL View Post
                              2 Bn's application has been bogged down in red tape in the upper echelons. Due to ongoing operational commitments I doubt we could even train and participate in it within the time frame.
                              That must mean the RDF could easily put in a team because we have absolutely no operational commitments

Comment

well lads - the offer is there - the Ops Officer called me today and was keen to get things off the ground, despite the operations we are involved in.

would be a shame to waste this genuine offer.
                                RGJ

The Rifles

Comment

Working...
                                X