Unifil(3)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Varadkar to visit Irish UNIFIL troops in Lebanon

Taoiseach Leo Varadkar is to make his first visit to the United Nations Interim Force in Lebanon (UNIFIL) to meet Irish troops deployed there over the Christmas period.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rhodes View Post
      Varadkar to visit Irish UNIFIL troops in Lebanon

https://www.rte.ie/news/2017/1221/92...non-taoiseach/
      Just goes to show you that people need to be more security aware on social media. I saw this mentioned in a FB post several days ago....
      "Well, stone me! We've had cocaine, bribery and Arsenal scoring two goals at home. But just when you thought there were truly no surprises left in football, Vinnie Jones turns out to be an international player!" (Jimmy Greaves)!"

Comment

• Wait for it, multiple pics of Field Commander Veradker in this seasons fashion musthave, the mustard cargo pant from dsquared2, blue Hilfiger button down, blue UN flakker and de riguere Ray ban Aviators.While Sub Commandante Kehoe rocks a pair of shlacks from some no-name 'minz fashinz' shop in wexford and red "neck like jockeys bollix' supplied by himself.

And a Euro for the first journo to mention action man with eagle eyes (my moneys on Miriam lord if she hasnt already gone home for Chrismas after all the freebie Port and mince pies shes been on these last weeks).

Comment

• Comment

• The media seem to have forgotten that the Taoiseach is also minister for Defence.
            For now, everything hangs on implementation of the CoDF report.

Comment

• Ah, here, Heggald, leave Miriam Lord outta this! she's an honest broker, a journalist who actually thinks before thumping the keyboard.

Comment

• Originally posted by na grohmití View Post
                The media seem to have forgotten that the Taoiseach is also minister for Defence.
                so has the Taoiseach
                An army is power. Its entire purpose is to coerce others. This power can not be used carelessly or recklessly. This power can do great harm. We have seen more suffering than any man should ever see, and if there is going to be an end to it, it must be an end that justifies the cost. Joshua Lawrence Chamberlain

Comment

• Originally posted by Herald View Post
                  Wait for it, multiple pics of Field Commander Veradker in this seasons fashion musthave, the mustard cargo pant from dsquared2, blue Hilfiger button down, blue UN flakker and de riguere Ray ban Aviators.While Sub Commandante Kehoe rocks a pair of shlacks from some no-name 'minz fashinz' shop in wexford and red "neck like jockeys bollix' supplied by himself.

And a Euro for the first journo to mention action man with eagle eyes (my moneys on Miriam lord if she hasnt already gone home for Chrismas after all the freebie Port and mince pies shes been on these last weeks).

Pretty accurate...

Comment

• As above

Comment

• I wonder what he bought off of Monsour

Comment

• Excellent 1 hour documentary in the Al Jazeera World segment about Living on the Blue Line in Lebanon. Not sure if it's repeated tomorrow but worth checking out.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tempest View Post
                          Excellent 1 hour documentary in the Al Jazeera World segment about Living on the Blue Line in Lebanon. Not sure if it's repeated tomorrow but worth checking out.
                          Lebanon: Living on the Blue Line

Comment

• Unifil related. Israelis used Irish speakers

Israeli military intelligence officers recruited the services of Irish speakers so they could translate sensitive information transmitted between Irish soldiers working for the UN in Lebanon.

Comment

• Originally posted by DeV View Post
                              Unifil related. Israelis used Irish speakers

https://www.irishexaminer.com/irelan...on-466528.html
                              The original story from about 30 years ago was that they'd set about learning Irish.

Comment

• I wonder if the "former middle-ranking officer who also served with the UN in Lebanon" was the one I am thinking of who has become a security expert based on shag all military service and 1 trip overseas. I suppose he needed a new career after he ran out of his old one after creative research

Comment

Working...
                                X