X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'd say it would be very difficult.

Comment

• genuine question.

whats better for the DF - in your various opinions - having 2 Coy(?) sized groups permanantly on two seperate ops, or having a Bn sized group intermitently on one op?

so, for example, having a Bn Grp deployed for 6 months, everyone comes home, do 12 months re-furb and build up, go again for 6 months, rinse and repeat...

Comment

• Originally posted by ropebag View Post
        genuine question.

whats better for the DF - in your various opinions - having 2 Coy(?) sized groups permanantly on two seperate ops, or having a Bn sized group intermitently on one op?

so, for example, having a Bn Grp deployed for 6 months, everyone comes home, do 12 months re-furb and build up, go again for 6 months, rinse and repeat...
        Not 100% sure what you mean??

Have say an Irish Bn with UNIFIL for 6 months, completely pull out for 12 months (ie no rotation) and then deploy again for both 6 months????
        Completely non sensical!! The logs (and sharing of the opportunity of places) would be a huge waste of resources.

We possibly could look at consolidating the 2 Inf Gps into a single Bn sized force having said that would UNDOF be able to find a replacement?!

Comment

• Originally posted by DeV View Post
          Would it be possible without pulling out of UNDOF ?
          The only issue would be Mowags with the refurb program, but it's still very much feasible.
          Scrap any plans to take part in any pointless EUBG that would require Mowags in the next three years and deploy the cars to Lebanon.

I can honestly see the Government/DoD saying there aren't the resources available to increase overseas commitments and in the next breath say they have decided to take part in a useless EUBG that would require the same amount of resources.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rhodes View Post
            The only issue would be Mowags with the refurb program, but it's still very much feasible.
            Scrap any plans to take part in any pointless EUBG that would require Mowags in the next three years and deploy the cars to Lebanon.

I can honestly see the Government/DoD saying there aren't the resources available to increase overseas commitments and in the next breath say they have decided to take part in a useless EUBG that would require the same amount of resources.
            Exactly
            Even before the refurb though there isn’t enough to do both (haven’t said that I meant a Bn Gp as per the palette of forces)

Comment

Exactly
              Even before the refurb though there isn’t enough to do both (haven’t said that I meant a Bn Gp as per the palette of forces)
              There was enough and still is enough.

Comment

There was enough and still is enough.
                the 750 personnel orbat?

Comment

the 750 personnel orbat?
                  The total number of personnel deployed is irrelevant, the number of cars needed to carry out all tasks is whats relevant.

Comment

The total number of personnel deployed is irrelevant, the number of cars needed to carry out all tasks is whats relevant.
                    I mean a Bn Gp with 2 x APC Coy plus Recce Coy

There isn’t enough to do it and an Inf Gp

Comment

So the conclusion is we only have enough Mowag/LTVs to equip a Bn, one out of seven.

Comment

I've already said there is enough.

Comment

• 36 APCs?

Comment

36 APCs?
                            36 for what?

Comment

36 APCs?
                              Will you stop fishing will you.. and stop assuming you know everything about the DF. You were told by someone who has served overseas . Same last week when I replied to your generalised response to the LAF in the South. You know nothing except what you read and what you're told here. get a grip.
                              Last edited by Craghopper; 21 December 2017, 00:19.

Comment

• Folks take this kind of thing to PM please. Do not reply to ch's post
                                "Are they trying to shoot down the other drone? "

"No, they're trying to fly the tank"

Comment

Working...
                                X