Unifil(3)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Dublinmick View Post
    I can only see pics of old battalions on that.
    My thoughts exactly.
    Any chance of posting some pics from your recent visit here DM?
    "Let us be clear about three facts. First, all battles and all wars are won in the end by the infantryman. Secondly, the infantryman always bears the brunt. His casualties are heavier, he suffers greater extremes of discomfort and fatigue than the other arms. Thirdly, the art of the infantryman is less stereotyped and far harder to acquire in modern war than that of any other arm." ------- Field Marshall Wavell, April 1945.

Comment

• Originally posted by apod View Post
      My thoughts exactly.

Min fadlik .

Comment

My thoughts exactly.
        Good idea. Leave it with me, although it was extremely rushed and we barely got what we needed. We went off our own bat, so there was nothing planned and were not travelling with, or with the blessing of, the DF. They were, however, very geaceful when we pulled up at the gate in a battered Merc.

Am heading back over on a press trip in mid July, though. That should be better.
        www.twitter.com/mickthehack

Comment

• Maybe you have to befriend them first, here is a link off the album I was talking about.
          Log into Facebook to start sharing and connecting with your friends, family, and people you know.

Comment

• That link isn't working
            "Let us be clear about three facts. First, all battles and all wars are won in the end by the infantryman. Secondly, the infantryman always bears the brunt. His casualties are heavier, he suffers greater extremes of discomfort and fatigue than the other arms. Thirdly, the art of the infantryman is less stereotyped and far harder to acquire in modern war than that of any other arm." ------- Field Marshall Wavell, April 1945.

Comment

That link isn't working
              works for me mate. you may have to add them
              I knew a simple soldier boy.....
              Who grinned at life in empty joy,
              Slept soundly through the lonesome dark,
              And whistled early with the lark.

In winter trenches, cowed and glum,
              With crumps and lice and lack of rum,
              He put a bullet through his brain.
              And no one spoke of him again.

You smug-faced crowds with kindling eye
              Who cheer when soldier lads march by,
              Sneak home and pray you'll never know
              The hell where youth and laughter go.

Comment

• Watch from about 1:10.

Last edited by Rhodes; 9 July 2011, 00:42.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rhodes View Post
                  Watch from about 1:10.

A tradition carried on at every passing out do..............
                  To close with and kill the enemy in all weather conditions, night and day and over any terrain

Comment

• Originally posted by HavocIRL View Post
                    A tradition carried on at every passing out do..............
                    Tell ya what..that brings back memories of the Bands that came over to entertain the Troops when I was there..LOL.. Groundhog ! Goundhog! Groundhog!

Comment

• Give that Sgt a medal ! For sheer entertainment value - 14 out of 10 !!!
                      "Well, stone me! We've had cocaine, bribery and Arsenal scoring two goals at home. But just when you thought there were truly no surprises left in football, Vinnie Jones turns out to be an international player!" (Jimmy Greaves)!"

Comment

• No doubt the inspiration for Crystal Swing. Well done that man.

Catch-22 says they have a right to do anything we can't stop them from doing.

Comment

• The Sgt's name was Coppinger.. The clip brought back memories... Sandy, Barbara and the band were brilliant and worked really hard. That concert was in the afternoon, they did another show that evening in HQ Coy. They did a show in every Coy HQ, the FMR and the last one was in Naqoura.

Comment

• Originally posted by B Inman View Post
                            The Sgt's name was Coppinger.. The clip brought back memories... Sandy, Barbara and the band were brilliant and worked really hard. That concert was in the afternoon, they did another show that evening in HQ Coy. They did a show in every Coy HQ, the FMR and the last one was in Naqoura.
                            Peter Coppinger from the 1st Bn in Renmore Barracks?

If so, he has for some time sadly passed to his Eternal Reward, May he + Rest In Peace +

Comment

• Originally posted by Connaught Stranger View Post
                              Peter Coppinger from the 1st Bn in Renmore Barracks?

If so, he has for some time sadly passed to his Eternal Reward, May he + Rest In Peace +
                              He was a young man when he passed.. RIP.

Comment

• Originally posted by Craghopper View Post
                                He was a young man when he passed.. RIP.
                                If I am not mistaken he was the PT Instructor NCO in the Ist Bn.
                                hence his great moves.

Connaught Stranger.

Comment

Working...
                                X