X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mary Mac is up there with

Christie Brinkley
    Hardly on looks!

was that druggie Gerry Ryan when he came out to the Leb- he was a pain the hole and

we had to be ordered not to tell him that to his face
    He didn't have to go to the leb to be a prick... remember his satire of some ficticous submarine in the Navy.....went down like depth charge so much so that when he did eventually visit us he was told to **** off.

Hate parades? I bet the President does,too.
    Especially Mary Robinson...oh Look..its big bird!!!!
    Covid 19 is not over ....it's still very real..Hand Hygiene, Social Distancing and Masks.. keep safe

Comment

• Yep.Celebrity visits are a pain. The amount of allegedly famous people that came out to the Don in replica Irvin flying jackets. It was always a malicious pleasure to tell them to get rid of it. Most of those twats tended to come around at airshow time,too. I had the pleasure of telling off the son of one TV personality to stop flicking switches in a cockpit. He whinged but his dad, in fairness, agreed with me and issued his own bollicking to the little dope.

regards
      GttC

Comment

• Comment

• now theres a waste of manpower for the Pres going off on a trip. Guard, all in No s, lots of brass, special branch the works they must have nothing else to do

Comment

• Originally posted by Goldie fish View Post
            To be fair, paddy the golfer was probably the worst president in the history of the state.
            Paddy Hillary was far from the worst President. He was an excellent President and any student of the Presidency will tell you the same thing!

Comment

• Paddy Hillery, a pension fund , spent his time playing golf a complete oxygen stealer, C O daliagh at least he took his job seeriously and sent a proposed law to the supreme court or whatever and resigned on principle. After Dev, Childers and I think Mary Mac ,, the rEst were just a bunch, Mary Robinson resigned so as to JOIN the UN, was not born before the Dev era I thibk, although I took part in Uniform as a sluggie at his state funeral..

Comment

• Originally posted by BANDIT View Post
                Paddy Hillery, a pension fund , spent his time playing golf a complete oxygen stealer, C O daliagh at least he took his job seeriously and sent a proposed law to the supreme court or whatever and resigned on principle. After Dev, Childers and I think Mary Mac ,, the rEst were just a bunch, Mary Robinson resigned so as to JOIN the UN, was not born before the Dev era I thibk, although I took part in Uniform as a sluggie at his state funeral..
                I believe Hillary referred many pieces of legislation to the supreme court in fact 1982 springs to mind as a major one regarding property also 1984 and 1988. Ó Dálaigh was a coward and allowed a Minister of Defence speaking in the Dining hall in Mullingar Barracks to be the cause of him stepping down!!

Comment

• An tUachtarain doesn't get an option, it is the DF that decides this obviously with input from the Department of An Taoiseach. It is protocol and is probably common in most countries.

Originally posted by BANDIT View Post
                  now theres a waste of manpower for the Pres going off on a trip. Guard, all in No s, lots of brass, special branch the works they must have nothing else to do
                  The Branch would be there anyway.

You do realise the President needs Government permission to leave the country?

Comment

• Like I said, Dev, Mary Robinson is on record trying to get the numbers and sizes of GOHs reduced. As a liberal, non-military peacenik, the last thing she wanted to see was lads with guns every time she moved out of the Aras. If the DF insist on wasting huge amounts of manpower to carry out parades, then it's the DF's fault, not the office holder.

regards
                    GttC

Comment

• He was an excellent President and any student of the Presidency will tell you the same thing!
                      I'll bear that in mind as I remember an endless guard of honour listening to speeches given both in English and Irish, where he walked away before the OiC was given a chance to ask for permission to dismiss the guard.
                      Covid 19 is not over ....it's still very real..Hand Hygiene, Social Distancing and Masks.. keep safe

Comment

• Originally posted by GoneToTheCanner View Post
                        Like I said, Dev, Mary Robinson is on record trying to get the numbers and sizes of GOHs reduced. As a liberal, non-military peacenik, the last thing she wanted to see was lads with guns every time she moved out of the Aras. If the DF insist on wasting huge amounts of manpower to carry out parades, then it's the DF's fault, not the office holder.

regards
                        GttC
                        Funny cause Mary Mc was on Nationwide this evening saying say important it was for the President to visit the DF overseas.

Comment

• Originally posted by DeV View Post
                          Funny cause Mary Mc was on Nationwide this evening saying say important it was for the President to visit the DF overseas.
                          Watch Nationwide on RTE Player http://bit.ly/vwBuSA

Catch-22 says they have a right to do anything we can't stop them from doing.

Comment

• Well, there's a difference in visiting troops overseas, to acknowledge the good work their doing,etc,etc and trudging thru endless GoHs at home, consuming a hell of a lot of manpower and assets, that might well be wisely used elsewhere.

regards
                            GttC

Comment

• Originally posted by Goldie fish View Post
                              Watch Nationwide on RTE Player http://bit.ly/vwBuSA
                              good vid Goldie, thanks for sharing that with us.
                              RGJ

...Once a Rifleman - Always a Rifleman... Celer et Audax

The Rifles

Comment

• Originally posted by Turkey View Post
                                Your forgetting chuck daly, or somwhat grandly, Cearbhall O'Dalaigh, 1974 - 1976

Originally posted by hedgehog View Post
                                ....Christie Brinkley visiting us (and some Americans) in Sarajevo
                                Lucky barstewards...

Originally posted by Seanachie View Post
                                He didn't have to go to the leb to be a prick... remember his satire of some ficticous submarine in the Navy.....went down like depth charge so much so that when he did eventually visit us he was told to **** off...
                                Excellent...

Originally posted by In my opinion View Post
                                Ó Dálaigh was a coward and allowed a Minister of Defence speaking in the Dining hall in Mullingar Barracks to be the cause of him stepping down!!
                                A thundering disgrace, that...
                                "Well, stone me! We've had cocaine, bribery and Arsenal scoring two goals at home. But just when you thought there were truly no surprises left in football, Vinnie Jones turns out to be an international player!" (Jimmy Greaves)!"

Comment

Working...
                                X