No announcement yet.

Unifil(3)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Love this one from the belfast telegraph!!!

Check out the stock photo of the "Irish Defence Forces 105 Bn" training in the glen of Imaal!!!!

Dear Jesus, Ive found the source of the story....

Im actually saddened but not shocked.... stupid irish waste of bog roll rags cant even use photos of our own troops...

Oh good god...

here as well

Local News from Dublin with Independent.ie. Get local Sport, Entertainment, Business & Lifestyle news for Dublin City, North and South Dublin.
    Last edited by morpheus; 25 October 2011, 12:09.
    "He is an enemy officer taken in battle and entitled to fair treatment."
    "No, sir. He's a sergeant, and they don't deserve no respect at all, sir. I should know. They're cunning and artful, if they're any good. I wouldn't mind if he was an officer, sir. But sergeants are clever."

Comment

• File that one under lazy journalism.

The curse of the generic "irish soldier" photo.

Catch-22 says they have a right to do anything we can't stop them from doing.

Comment

• wheres DublinMick when you need him?

already written to both papers to point it out... if id time id be on to Joe duffy
        "No, sir. He's a sergeant, and they don't deserve no respect at all, sir. I should know. They're cunning and artful, if they're any good. I wouldn't mind if he was an officer, sir. But sergeants are clever."

Comment

• That image isn't even nearly the first one when you type in Irish army or Irish soldiers...
          I knew a simple soldier boy.....
          Who grinned at life in empty joy,
          Slept soundly through the lonesome dark,
          And whistled early with the lark.

In winter trenches, cowed and glum,
          With crumps and lice and lack of rum,
          He put a bullet through his brain.
          And no one spoke of him again.

You smug-faced crowds with kindling eye
          Who cheer when soldier lads march by,
          Sneak home and pray you'll never know
          The hell where youth and laughter go.

Comment

• Originally posted by morpheus View Post
            Im actually saddened but not shocked.... stupid irish waste of bog roll rags cant even use photos of our own troops...
            Has the photo be changed how?
            The photo I see is off Cav troops unpacking boxes of 30mm ammo.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rhodes View Post
              Changed, it was a pic of british soldiers in desert dpm.
              Everyone who's ever loved you was wrong.

Comment

• Voting in the Presidential election in Lebanon.

Attached Files

Comment

• Originally posted by The real Jack View Post
                  Changed, it was a pic of british soldiers in desert dpm.
                  Well, "Irish" British Soldiers, Probably RIR, judging by the Caubeen.

Catch-22 says they have a right to do anything we can't stop them from doing.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rhodes View Post

Top left hand. What you'll see is the original "wrong" one. Click it and you'll get a picture of the Cav coming up.

Comment

• Originally posted by terrier View Post
                      http://www.google.ie/search?q=herald...ed=0CAwQ_AUoAQ

Top left hand. What you'll see is the original "wrong" one. Click it and you'll get a picture of the Cav coming up.
                      Thanks for that.

Comment

• Yes, they changed it... the power of emailing the papers!

Comment

Yes, they changed it... the power of emailing the papers!
                          Interesting that the economics corr has some grounding in economics, the political corr in politics, the motoring corr in cars, but the defence corr is Sorcha on an internship ?

Comment

• Originally posted by hedgehog View Post
                            I tend to agree about the Ministerial visits- a right royal pain in the arse,...

...second to Ryan in the I am great stakes and first in the fattest arse competion is that gee bag half man half troglidite Brendan DOnoghue - Ryan and DOnoghue thought they were doing us a favour and they thought they were something from the era of the Raj.
                            Who's this Donoghue character?

Comment

• Originally posted by terrier View Post
                              Interesting that the economics corr has some grounding in economics, the political corr in politics, the motoring corr in cars, but the defence corr is Sorcha on an internship ?
                              Well the Indos' defence correspondent Declan Power (don't know did he write this) served for a good number of years with the DF, but the writer does not select pictures to accompany a story, it would usually be the picture editor AFAIR
                              CRIME SCENE INSTIGATOR

Comment

Yes, they changed it... the power of emailing the papers!
                                Good work morpheus.
                                Did any of the papers send a reply to your emails?

Comment

Working...
                                X