No announcement yet.

Unifil(3)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Drivers standing orders here in Ireland.On OPs TAC lights can be used as neccessary.
    Why do Swedes have reflective strips on the ankles of their combat uniforms?'Cos that their SOP's. Same can be said of any army.We all have our little differences.
    "Let us be clear about three facts. First, all battles and all wars are won in the end by the infantryman. Secondly, the infantryman always bears the brunt. His casualties are heavier, he suffers greater extremes of discomfort and fatigue than the other arms. Thirdly, the art of the infantryman is less stereotyped and far harder to acquire in modern war than that of any other arm." ------- Field Marshall Wavell, April 1945.

Comment

• Also, its during daytime....

Catch-22 says they have a right to do anything we can't stop them from doing.

Comment

• More on the MRE http://www.irishtimes.com/news/polit...week-1.1366472

Comment

• Originally posted by danno View Post
          That's the best she can rise to!

Comment

• FiresdSaab Scania in Glenatlucky . 2001...and two week later in Kilbride..

Fired it again 2003

While in Cork ,fired it full power ammo. Kilbride, used frangible ammo.

Crew that went into fire it in 2001 were enough to win the shooting aspect of a corps concentration...amazing what happens when two thirds of the pates team were firing.

We won all the disciplines bar the medical. 5th Cav had a ED> SHO on the team!
            Covid 19 is not over ....it's still very real..Hand Hygiene, Social Distancing and Masks.. keep safe

Comment

• the mowag has tact lights the should of been on, the car might of been driving out on the natinal road so lights required for that
              ultimately its up to the driver

Comment

• Originally posted by kaiser View Post
                the mowag has tact lights the should of been on, the car might of been driving out on the natinal road so lights required for that
                ultimately its up to the driver
                And scenario, it is possibly unlikely that they are being exercised in advancing to contact

Comment

• "Minister of State, Mr Paul Kehoe, T.D.,
                  Reviews Irish Troops heading to the Lebanon
                  Sarsfield Barracks, Limerick"

Comment

• [QUOTE=Rhodes;392979]"Minister of State, Mr Paul Kehoe, T.D.,
                    Reviews Irish Troops heading to the Lebanon
                    Sarsfield Barracks, Limerick"

Question. How many women OSSIFERS are attached to this unit. Are their nos in line with women in the unit. Just watched a youtube of a 27th Batt ( marvellous unit) recruit passing out, Plt ossifer women, Company commander woman , really wahts happening ? Women rights association or what??
                    Second and pnly a comment. As much as i detest drill and all that B.SH. The marching is sloppy , no crisp ( if u know waht I mean) in it. abnd the second last guy in the march past of the first sub unit , needs to have his shoulder joint looked at ..
                    Otherwise goodluck to them all and safe home

Comment

• I think it is fair to say that drill always looks sloppy in DPM. The loose material does not well reflect the sharp soldierlike movements of the wearer.

Comment

• Glad to see it isnt just the AR that have bad marchers. Not everyone is perfect!
                        "He is an enemy officer taken in battle and entitled to fair treatment."
                        "No, sir. He's a sergeant, and they don't deserve no respect at all, sir. I should know. They're cunning and artful, if they're any good. I wouldn't mind if he was an officer, sir. But sergeants are clever."

Comment

• Originally posted by BANDIT View Post
                          Question. How many women OSSIFERS are attached to this unit. Are their nos in line with women in the unit. Just watched a youtube of a 27th Batt ( marvellous unit) recruit passing out, Plt ossifer women, Company commander woman , really wahts happening ? Women rights association or what??
                          Second and pnly a comment. As much as i detest drill and all that B.SH. The marching is sloppy , no crisp ( if u know waht I mean) in it. abnd the second last guy in the march past of the first sub unit , needs to have his shoulder joint looked at ..
                          Otherwise goodluck to them all and safe home
                          There seems to be a higher ratio of female Cadets compared to female Recruits for some reason. Also the current CO of 27 Inf Bn is female, the first female Battalion Commander in the Army and second female Lt Col. It was planned that the CO of the 109 Bn that should of been going to Lebanon this November would be female and she would of been the first female to command a Irish Battalion overseas but because of the Minister Shatter there will be no 109 Bn in Lebanon.

The march past on the parade looked shit because of the lazy swinging of the arms. It should be shoulder high on all ceremonial parades.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rhodes View Post
                            There seems to be a higher ratio of female Cadets compared to female Recruits for some reason. .
                            Simple. Most Women don't like being told what to do, they prefer to be the ones giving the orders.
                            So it is in life, so it will be in the Defence Forces.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rhodes

The march past on the parade looked shit because of the lazy swinging of the arms. It should be shoulder high on all ceremonial parades.
                              I must re-read the Manual of Foot Drill

Comment

• Originally posted by DeV View Post
                                I must re-read the Manual of Foot Drill
                                Whey I say "It should be shoulder high on all ceremonial parades" that's my personnel option, I don't know of the top of my head what the manual says.

Comment

Working...
                                X