9 Liners and IFAK

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by apod View Post
    Just learnt today that there will soon be an annual Medical TOET to be passed along with the usual APWT's ,IT's etc.
    Wonder what it will include?CPR for definete.
    sounds like our MATT's - we have about 8 subjects we cover though.

BCD (Battle Casualty Drills - including BLS) is one of the most important with an intensive theory part and then a full battle exercise to test everything you know practically too.
    RGJ

...Once a Rifleman - Always a Rifleman... Celer et Audax

The Rifles

Comment

Good :

We already have TOETs for Rifle, SINCGAR and ITs; medical would be a good one too.
      "Are they trying to shoot down the other drone? "

"No, they're trying to fly the tank"

Comment

Just learnt today that there will soon be an annual Medical TOET to be passed along with the usual APWT's ,IT's etc.
        Wonder what it will include?CPR for definete.
        Look forward to this....can you elaborate where you heard this from ?

PM if necessary
        I went into an Italian restaurant and ordered dessert and they gave me tiramisu and a blindfolded horse and I said No, I said mask a pony (mascarpone)

Comment

Originally posted by Knucklehead View Post
          Casualties slow up the assault.....most of them are screwed when they are hit. The way to prevent the casualties is to destroy the threat quickly, all of them .......usually with lots of bombs, bullets, knives and well trained aggressive killers that expect to be hurt if they screw up. Basic first aid works on the battle field. when you start training guys in high speed low drag medical techniques ..it only distracts them from killing the enemy....."Blood makes the grass grow"
          Actually, this isn't very far from the truth. It's self aid, then buddy aid and so on.
          The mission takes priority.
          Anyone with catastrophic hemhorrage will get a CAT, non responsive will get an NPA and put into the recovery position......if possible.
          The best possible treatment for casualties under fire is superior firepower.

Comment

I totally agree.Winning the battle is priority.You can then deal with casualties.
            But "Blood makes the grass grow"?FFS who does he think we are the? The west side boys??
            My opinion still stands.He is a muppet for a comment like that.
            "Let us be clear about three facts. First, all battles and all wars are won in the end by the infantryman. Secondly, the infantryman always bears the brunt. His casualties are heavier, he suffers greater extremes of discomfort and fatigue than the other arms. Thirdly, the art of the infantryman is less stereotyped and far harder to acquire in modern war than that of any other arm." ------- Field Marshall Wavell, April 1945.

Comment

I know of a certain RDF person

he is at the highest level of EMT/PARAMEDIC training you can be in this country

he has been brought in by the D.F. as an instructor to train medics, and other certain people (in depth and to the highest levels) for overseas numerous times.

yet get this...

this same instructor,

hired by the army to train the army,

happens to be an RDF member...

AND his qualifications are not RECOGNISED!!!! ?????

WTF?
              "He is an enemy officer taken in battle and entitled to fair treatment."
              "No, sir. He's a sergeant, and they don't deserve no respect at all, sir. I should know. They're cunning and artful, if they're any good. I wouldn't mind if he was an officer, sir. But sergeants are clever."

Comment

But "Blood makes the grass grow"?FFS who does he think we are the? The west side boys??
                My opinion still stands.He is a muppet for a comment like that.
                So Apod, He's a muppet, airsofter, wannabe and idiot because he posted "Blood makes the grass grow"?
                You shouldn't be so quick to judge.

I believe all DF personnel will be trained to First Responder in the near future and I believe the Lebanon bound battalion will be issued with Tourniquets and Celox Gauze.

Comment

Originally posted by fiannoglach View Post
                  I believe all DF personnel will be trained to First Responder in the near future and I believe the Lebanon bound battalion will be issued with Tourniquets and Celox Gauze.
                  That's good to hear.

Comment

So Apod, He's a muppet, airsofter, wannabe and idiot because he posted "Blood makes the grass grow"?
                    You shouldn't be so quick to judge.
                    Why not?If you make idiot comments like that you can generally expect to be considered an idiot.The people here who contribute meaningful,serious,advice and information (yourself included)dont behave like that.If he isnt any of the above why degrade himself with moronic comments?Oh,and i wasn't the only one here who thought his comment was idiotic.

I believe all DF personnel will be trained to First Responder in the near future and I believe the Lebanon bound battalion will be issued with Tourniquets and Celox Gauze
                    Good to hear and about time.I assume you mean for the next rotation?
                    "Let us be clear about three facts. First, all battles and all wars are won in the end by the infantryman. Secondly, the infantryman always bears the brunt. His casualties are heavier, he suffers greater extremes of discomfort and fatigue than the other arms. Thirdly, the art of the infantryman is less stereotyped and far harder to acquire in modern war than that of any other arm." ------- Field Marshall Wavell, April 1945.

Comment

• I heard it's to be issued for this rotation.

Comment

• What does first responder imply ? ( apart from the obvious ? ) is there an existing syllabus for it ?

Comment

• Yep, Its the PHECC Emergency First Responder Course with military specific modules.

Comment

• Sorry I'm coming from the other end of the food chain; is there an Army syllabus for it ? is it planned for RDF or did the "DF" mean just PDF ?

Comment

• Originally posted by fiannoglach View Post
                              I heard it's to be issued for this rotation.
                              Excellent.I am hoping to go out with the nest rotation.Interesting to see how this works out.

Originally posted by fiannoglach View Post
                              Yep, Its the PHECC Emergency First Responder Course with military specific modules.
                              Thats new.I haven't seen a syllabus for that on the D TRG webpage.Must be the first one?

Comment

• AFAIK the course is contracted to a civilian company, under PHECC guidelines.

Comment

Working...
                                X