No announcement yet.

9 Liners and IFAK

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We have a POC from the Yanks. expect to see a very similar issue to all PDF pers going to leb next nov as the pic above. It will be then be rolled out with training to similar levels across the DF.

Comment

• POC
      ? that normally means "proof-of-concept"
      "Are they trying to shoot down the other drone? "

"No, they're trying to fly the tank"

Comment

• not in this case, point of contact

Comment

• Originally posted by Knucklehead View Post
          Hey IPOD
          That wound was self inflicted using a shotgun. The photo is from a medical journal published in the US. The man is maintaining his own airway, breathing, is conscious, does not have any obvious cathestropic bleeding and is conscious...as you see him. Basic first aid is working for that guy. It’s a horrific wound and it sucks to be him but fancy airways and interventions didn’t get him to the ED alive....basic shit did. Your current DF training would enable you to deal with this wound as long as you, kept your cool, think ABC or CABC, stick to what you can do at the time and not what you would like to be able to do and can’t. And that stuff about “hand on me heart and kissing him good bye”.....doesn’t sound good, I imagine the Marine in your photo might be would be wondering WTF. But I imagine that’s just a phrase like "blood makes the grass grow" and not supposed to be taken too seriously. Knucklehead refers to someone who is hardheaded or stubborn by the way. If you forget the basics you’re patient is screwed. 9 line brief has been thought on LPC courses since 2007... its up to you guys to use it. Bye the the way, thanks for the respect ...word
          In this case Knuckle head refers to someone who is thick and ignorant.If you honestly believe the standard of trauma life support for soldiers outside of the Medical corps and ARW combat medics is up to current international best practice.Do you?LPC course? I can name three people in my unit who have done it.No fault of ours.Just they aren't run outside of pre-deployment training.No good teaching drills if they dont get down to those who might need to use them.
          Now,before this goes any furthur,When was the last time the ordinary irish Infantryman(Used for example,not to exclude corps) has had to deal with injuries like the one pictured above?Go on,tell me.Now tell me how regularly?The shock factor for most of the lads would be unbelievable to start with.The lads in Helmand deal with horrific injuries like this everyday.That leaves a mark.I know.Thats why Respect.
          I am not putting us down.I am poining out that the Yanks and brits etc who have been warfighting since 2001/2 have more up to date teachings and drills than we do.Not to mention better basic issue FA equipment.We get one shitty FFD.See how long that lasts eh I am in no way advocating that the average soldier be trained to carry out surgery however.

PS: Act like a moron and expect people to take you as such.Prove me wrong.

Originally posted by holdfast View Post
          We have a POC from the Yanks. expect to see a very similar issue to all PDF pers going to leb next nov as the pic above. It will be then be rolled out with training to similar levels across the DF.
          About time.Great bit of news.
          Last edited by apod; 5 June 2011, 12:18.
          "Let us be clear about three facts. First, all battles and all wars are won in the end by the infantryman. Secondly, the infantryman always bears the brunt. His casualties are heavier, he suffers greater extremes of discomfort and fatigue than the other arms. Thirdly, the art of the infantryman is less stereotyped and far harder to acquire in modern war than that of any other arm." ------- Field Marshall Wavell, April 1945.

Comment

• Hopefully its recognised by PHECC (but probably won't be)

Comment

• Apod is right most guys havent a feckin clue about proper first aid... A HSE Advanced Paramedic told me that practices are changin due to the injuries seen in Afganistan.. usually its get a airway open and get a guy breathing if he isnt, but if he has had a limb blown off its stop the blood now, then get him breathing, they just loose so much blood out of the limb they would be dead faster than not breathing

Comment

• Originally posted by apod View Post
                In this case Knuckle head refers to someone who is thick and ignorant.If you honestly believe the standard of trauma life support for soldiers outside of the Medical corps and ARW combat medics is up to current international best practice.Do you?LPC course? I can name three people in my unit who have done it.No fault of ours.Just they aren't run outside of pre-deployment training.No good teaching drills if they dont get down to those who might need to use them.
                Now,before this goes any furthur,When was the last time the ordinary irish Infantryman(Used for example,not to exclude corps) has had to deal with injuries like the one pictured above?Go on,tell me.Now tell me how regularly?The shock factor for most of the lads would be unbelievable to start with.The lads in Helmand deal with horrific injuries like this everyday.That leaves a mark.I know.Thats why Respect.
                I am not putting us down.I am poining out that the Yanks and brits etc who have been warfighting since 2001/2 have more up to date teachings and drills than we do.Not to mention better basic issue FA equipment.We get one shitty FFD.See how long that lasts eh I am in no way advocating that the average soldier be trained to carry out surgery however.

PS: Act like a moron and expect people to take you as such.Prove me wrong.

About time.Great bit of news.
                Ok Xbox, you win....my village called and they want their idiot back.

Comment

• Originally posted by Knucklehead View Post
                  Ok Xbox, you win....my village called and they want their idiot back.
                  Jesus,you have a problem.Get over yourself.Our training and kit is NOT up to scratch.YOURS may well be.In the unit YOU serve in.Which i have a fairly good idea where.The problem is you have forgotten that us mere grunts aren't as well trained as ye are.If we had the same level of realistic training i would agree with all your points.
                  But we dont.So i cant.
                  "Let us be clear about three facts. First, all battles and all wars are won in the end by the infantryman. Secondly, the infantryman always bears the brunt. His casualties are heavier, he suffers greater extremes of discomfort and fatigue than the other arms. Thirdly, the art of the infantryman is less stereotyped and far harder to acquire in modern war than that of any other arm." ------- Field Marshall Wavell, April 1945.

Comment

Jesus,you have a problem.Get over yourself.Our training and kit is NOT up to scratch.YOURS may well be.In the unit YOU serve in.Which i have a fairly good idea where.The problem is you have forgotten that us mere grunts aren't as well trained as ye are.If we had the same level of realistic training i would agree with all your points.
                    But we dont.So i cant.
                    Actually, he's RDF.

Sandbagger.

Weekend warrior.

Comment

• Time to split off another catfight thread?
                      'He died who loved to live,' they'll say,
                      'Unselfishly so we might have today!'
                      Like hell! He fought because he had to fight;
                      He died that's all. It was his unlucky night.
                      http://www.salamanderoasis.org/poems...nnis/luck.html

Comment

• Originally posted by Flamingo View Post
                        Time to split off another catfight thread?
                        Throw it in the other one, the dump pouch discussion is done.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hello Alaska View Post
                          Throw it in the other one, the dump pouch discussion is done.
                          Oh no its not. Pictures gettin put up tomorrow.
                          To close with and kill the enemy in all weather conditions, night and day and over any terrain

Comment

But we dont.So i cant.
                            But it's going to change Apod, so have a little patience.

We survived all these years before Afghanistan and Iraq. Its all down to excellence at the basics.

The next major conflict will bring up another set of obstacles and solutions, but the basics will always remain the same.

Comment

• Please keep to the topic. This is a decent thread and I don't want to lose it.
                              "Are they trying to shoot down the other drone? "

"No, they're trying to fly the tank"

Comment

• Originally posted by SwiftandSure
                                What do ye lads think....?

Carry in CEFO as a stretcher, or leave in the bergan as part of a basher kit?
                                Team Work - 2 per section, if you have one of them that's cool but it will all be brought out in the Orders so everyone knows who has them.
                                RGJ

...Once a Rifleman - Always a Rifleman... Celer et Audax

The Rifles

Comment

Working...
                                X