Query about Bergen straps.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Query about Bergen straps.

Sorry if this has been dealt with before but there are a zillion threads about kit and I couldn't find the exact one.

When the Bergen is put on and waist strapped, there are two small chest straps to be fastened. It seems to be an inherent fault, but they are fitted to the outside of the shoulder straps which means that when they're pulled tight they cause a rucking of the shoulder straps. Would it not have been better if they'd been fastened to the inside ? Sorry for the dopey question but neither the soldier in question nor I can figure out why it was done the way it was.
    BTW, "inside" and " outside " refer to the position in relation to the centre of the chest. Has anyone found an answer ( fix ) to this ?

The two straps arent stitched on, just pull them round.

Comment

presume you mean the newer rucksack. IIRC the PLCE rucksack the chest strap attach is sewn to the middle ?

Anyway : my 0.02c the reason for the chest strap is to keep the shoulder straps in the correct position for stability and load bearing . Doesn't pulling them super tight negate this ?
      Last edited by trellheim; 12 June 2011, 20:20.
      "Are they trying to shoot down the other drone? "

"No, they're trying to fly the tank"

Comment

Originally posted by Rhodes View Post
        The two straps arent stitched on, just pull them round.
        You have no idea of how embarassed two people feel right at this moment !

Ta !

Comment

Originally posted by terrier View Post
          You have no idea of how embarassed two people feel right at this moment !

Ta !
          i admire your honesty, i'd have blagged that one
          RGJ

...Once a Rifleman - Always a Rifleman... Celer et Audax

The Rifles

Comment

Originally posted by trellheim View Post
            presume you mean the newer rucksack. IIRC the PLCE rucksack the chest strap attach is sewn to the middle ?

Anyway : my 0.02c the reason for the chest strap is to keep the shoulder straps in the correct position for stability and load bearing . Doesn't pulling them super tight negate this ?
            The way they were - wrong ! - you didn't have to pull them supertight for them to distort the shape of the shoulderstraps; just enough to buckle them was enough. Oneyways...fixed now.

i admire your honesty, i'd have blagged that one
            I was brung up in a " stand- up- that- boy " school ! It never leaves you !

Comment

Working...
            X