Thanks Thanks:  84
Likes Likes:  255
Dislikes Dislikes:  6
Page 30 of 30 FirstFirst ... 20282930
    Post Thanks / Like
    Have recently become the beneficiary of a case of mistaken kit delivery. Will post photos when I get the chance.

It's safe to say the Gucci Gear addict in me has been awakened.
    To close with and kill the enemy in all weather conditions, night and day and over any terrain

2. Likes SwiftandSure liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    So I ordered a backpack for my travels online through a military gear website. Package arrives at my work, delighted to see the backpack is of good quality and hopefully I'll get a bit of use out of it.

Next day I get another email from my reception telling me that a package has arrived for me. Thinking that she might have me confused with someone else or she still thinks I haven't picked it up I head down to talk to her.

Turns out there is another delivery for me from the same website. Confused I half expect them to have sent me the same backpack again.

Open it up and find a ATACS FG camo Warrior brand Plate carrier and several pouches.IMG_2499.jpg

Was half expecting an email a few days after I received it saying there'd be a mistake and I'd have to return it but its been over a month now and nothing.

So I think I may hang onto it for the Zombie apocalypse as its an amazing bit of kit. The only downside now is that I've been trolling through military gear websites fantasizing about purchasing more gucci kit to go with it.
    To close with and kill the enemy in all weather conditions, night and day and over any terrain

4. Likes SwiftandSure, morpheus, ODIN, Flamingo liked this post
    Major General
    Post Thanks / Like
    The donor of unsolicited goods has one year to recover same in default the recipient has good title.

Closed Account
    Post Thanks / Like
    Was that UKTactical by any chance?

Closed Account
    Post Thanks / Like
    It is with a heavy heart that I must report rumours that RV Ops has changed hands and is now being run as a solely web based operation by some cheap and nasty airsoft company called Novelty Island.

8. Thanks apod, morpheus, ODIN thanked for this post
    Likes morpheus liked this post
    CQMS
    Post Thanks / Like
    Source?
    While they did have some good kit and seemed like great lads, they were always far too expensive to really justify buying from them.

Non Temetis Messor The real Jack's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Well they were extracting the urine with the prices they charged so it's no surprise they're gone.
    Everyone who's ever loved you was wrong.

Post Thanks / Like
    Serious? That's a shame. I got a seriously class deal on a camelbak 3l in multicam a while back because they were running a free postage offer and had a good discount on the camelbak in the first place. But yeah, they were kind of dear
    I knew a simple soldier boy.....
    Who grinned at life in empty joy,
    Slept soundly through the lonesome dark,
    And whistled early with the lark.

In winter trenches, cowed and glum,
    With crumps and lice and lack of rum,
    He put a bullet through his brain.
    And no one spoke of him again.

You smug-faced crowds with kindling eye
    Who cheer when soldier lads march by,
    Sneak home and pray you'll never know
    The hell where youth and laughter go.

Closed Account
    Post Thanks / Like
    Arrse and Facebook are the sources. New company bought the name and associated reputation and just use it to flog Kombat UK crap and link business to budget airsoft stuff.

CQMS
    Post Thanks / Like
    Seems that it happened back in November.
    I suppose, with Afghan done, the market has severely diminished.

Closed Account
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah it's a real shame. Their customer service was second to none, there was always a deal or discount to be had if you engaged them directly.

Oh well, KitMonster is still going strong, I hope.

Captain
    Post Thanks / Like
    from recall RVops were on the expensive side, but actually i think its a wider issue that will effect all the suppliers - simply that the issued kit is usually as good (broadly), or certainly not many hundreds of pounds worse, as what you can buy commercially, and while gucci kit fiends will always be about and things will go in and out of fashion, there's no longer 100,000 people needing to buy decent boots, goretex's and bergens...

i was chatting to a friend about it not long ago and comparing now to the early 90's when we both joined - my first tour was in 1993/4 to Bosnia with the TA, and i took almost nothing that was on issue, and instead my Bty dipped into its funds to buy what the seniors knew i'd need rather than the utter tat on offer from the MOD. commercial boots, windproof, commercial waterproofs, commercial duvet jacket, gloves, sleeping bag, chest rig etc.. well in excess of £1000 in early 90's money. now however if you sent me to a Bosnian winter tour there's almost nothing that i'd think i needed to buy rather than relying on the issue gear.

the old DMS or S8 boots cost the MOD less than £20, compare that to the Alt-bergs, Meindls etc.. on offer today.

16. Likes The real Jack, SwiftandSure liked this post
    BQMS
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Duffman View Post
    The arktis rainshield jacket is supposed to be a savage bit of kit. Its out of general production in the original OG, but it popped up there on the list!!
    I got one of the rainshields, unreal bit of kit!

Thread Information