Confessions of a Gucci-Kit Monster

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SwiftandSure View Post
    fĂșck yeah, I love morale patches! I'd love to get something like this made up and have on my kit for the craic...

Maybe a "best morale patch" thread is in the offing too

I was rocking these for awhile till some retard stole them on me...ugh

Don't stand there GAWPING, like you've never seen the hand of God BEFORE!!

Comment

Very Nice S&S, think If I was involved in the DF anymore and If there was the prospect of some proper tactics I'd buy something similar, would skip the belt though...seems extra weight for little benefit when you can have the mag pouches on the front.

One thing...why do you have your blood type on it in 2 places? It may be good drills but in the unlikely event of you getting shot doing tactics it'll be ignored if you get to hospital!
      Everyone who's ever loved you was wrong.

Comment

Good call on the 401 S&S, I have one myself. Smashing bit of kit!

Comment

Originally posted by The real Jack View Post
          Very Nice S&S, think If I was involved in the DF anymore and If there was the prospect of some proper tactics I'd buy something similar, would skip the belt though...seems extra weight for little benefit when you can have the mag pouches on the front.
          TBH, the belt kit is there for two reasons,
          a) as a last resort belt kit.
          b) for additional load bearing. I wouldn't want to attach much more to my front for fear of busting myself when diving into the prone. I have 2x 4-MOLLE wide pouches, capable of carrying 150 rounds of link in each. So if need be, I can use the belt to carry any extra mission essential gear. I leave the pouches off the belt, because empty pouches get filled quickly with unnecessary shite, and as explained earlier I want to maintain a low profile at the rear.

One thing...why do you have your blood type on it in 2 places? It may be good drills but in the unlikely event of you getting shot doing tactics it'll be ignored if you get to hospital!
          I didn't know it'll be ignored. Why is that?

I keep two patches on the rig to have one spare, for either CBA, or my smock etc. I also keep a Combat Casualty Care Card with my name, Army number, and blood type, pre-printed, in my right arm pocket with my FFD. The CCCC is on a bit of string to put around my neck or tie to my arm if injured should my kit get cut off me. TBH I'd put my name and blood type on every bit of kit I have to wear in the field.

Originally posted by Hello Alaska View Post
          Good call on the 401 S&S, I have one myself. Smashing bit of kit!
          I love it mate, I take it with me running most times.

Quick Q: Do you pre-plot your patrol waypoints and harbour location into yours? What about the tracking? Or use it mainly for positioning and grids? The one thing I considered was that if I were captured (or killed) the 401 would compromise the patrol and unit rather quickly.

Comment

HA - clear your inbox, PM inbound!

Comment

Something else to suggest to add to the First Aid kit - a roll of Elastoplast 2.5cm http://www.google.co.uk/products/cat...ed=0CFUQ8wIwAQ

It's good for strapping on dressings, can be put directly over blisters, strapping injured fingers together, put over cuts, and will stick to anything. Also doubles up as sticky tape, and can make an improvised red filter for a Maglite!

Don't get hung up about the "allergic" thing. For example I'm OK with Elastoplast, but come out in a nasty rash when anyone sticks Micropore (anti-allergic) on me!

I always used to keep a roll of it in my combat jacket breast pocket.
              Last edited by Flamingo; 17 June 2011, 23:55.
              'He died who loved to live,' they'll say,
              'Unselfishly so we might have today!'
              Like hell! He fought because he had to fight;
              He died that's all. It was his unlucky night.
              http://www.salamanderoasis.org/poems...nnis/luck.html

Comment

Post your kit sounds good

Comment

Originally posted by SwiftandSure View Post
                  HA - clear your inbox, PM inbound!
                  Done.

Comment

Will post a pic of mine as soon as I can get a pic of it in use wouldnt put one up of it in the livin room!!
                    Train Hard Fight Easy!!!!

Comment

I thought during the tactical phase of the pots cse any webbing could be used that the love was only required for MOI and instruction on it??
                      Train Hard Fight Easy!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Celtic-Warrior View Post
                        I thought during the tactical phase of the pots cse any webbing could be used that the love was only required for MOI and instruction on it??
                        No, at least for the east anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by Celtic-Warrior View Post
                          Originally posted by paul View Post
                          No, at least for the east anyway.
                          They don't do that in the South either.

Although, a buddy of mine is on the standards course and they're allowed to wear any kit they want for the tactics phase apparently. I loaned him my vest and helmet for the course.
                          Last edited by spaceghetti; 18 June 2011, 17:04.

Comment

Originally posted by spaceghetti View Post
                            They don't do that in the South either.

Although, a buddy of mine is on the standards course and they're allowed to wear any kit they want for the tactics phase apparently. I loaned him my vest and helmet for the course.
                            I believe pots and standards courses have different reasoning behind it.

Comment

Regarding maglites, I've just received one through the post that is a 2AA size and is LED, with a 100% power, 25% power, blink mode and SOS mode. Seems like a flash piece of kit! (I'd sent off one to them about 10 months ago that had a Duracell battery explode inside it, and never heard any more from them - until now!).

Also, they seem to have taken my comment to them that the LED Maglite needed a lanyard ring on it, as it now seems to have one!
                              Last edited by Flamingo; 18 June 2011, 19:08.
                              'He died who loved to live,' they'll say,
                              'Unselfishly so we might have today!'
                              Like hell! He fought because he had to fight;
                              He died that's all. It was his unlucky night.
                              http://www.salamanderoasis.org/poems...nnis/luck.html

Comment

On my pots, it was webbing up until the SIA test, thereafter on the exercise it was whatever....

Comment

Working...
                                X