No announcement yet.

Confessions of a Gucci-Kit Monster

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A clearer idea of what you are looking for is below - The Utility straps are seen attaching the bottoms of each pouch together and hold it together almost like a belt.

Also, the 2nd pic shows 4 pouches being worn on a belt. I used to have 3 but the water bottle was just too difficult to remove from the pouch. 1 for water, 1 for IFAK, 1 for spare ammo and 4th for misc items.
    Attached Files

Comment

Here you go:

They sell them in Multicam, Flectarn, Black, Brit DPM, Brit Desert DPM as well as OD.

It looks as if its the same design as the ones in the pic apod posted, it has the metal bar that goes into the belt and than a flap that goes over and closes with two metal studs.

Haven't gotten any of them yet but i was planning on getting some of these pouches they look good quality.

It's a bit pricey though

They sell mag pouches as well with 2 different types of buckle:
      NEW OLIVE GREEN PLCE Airborne Webbing Double Ammo Pouch | Collectables, Militaria, Current Militaria (1991-Now) | eBay!

Contact Left OLIVE GREEN PLCE Webbing Double Ammo Pouch | Collectables, Militaria, Current Militaria (1991-Now) | eBay!
      Last edited by spaceghetti; 19 June 2011, 22:16.

Comment

Originally posted by Docman View Post
        A clearer idea of what you are looking for is below - The Utility straps are seen attaching the bottoms of each pouch together and hold it together almost like a belt.

Also, the 2nd pic shows 4 pouches being worn on a belt. I used to have 3 but the water bottle was just too difficult to remove from the pouch. 1 for water, 1 for IFAK, 1 for spare ammo and 4th for misc items.
        Originally posted by Docman View Post
        At this stage, you will have an awful time trying to get OD PLCE webbing.
        About the only place selling it anymore is Silvermans in the UK as they tend to sell older webbing for re-enactors.

However, the stuff in Protac is not Irish Army stuff, it is a copy of the old Brit OD so it has better connections than the Irish stuff and is the same size as the British stuff. Not great quality for the new stuff. However they used to sell second hand British stuff so I'm not sure.
        Cheers for the replies lads...

Docman...is the protac stuff decent? I may pick some of it up because that silvermans stuff is pricey. And I'm definitely not looking to go mad spending for the sake of once or twice a year!
        I knew a simple soldier boy.....
        Who grinned at life in empty joy,
        Slept soundly through the lonesome dark,
        And whistled early with the lark.

In winter trenches, cowed and glum,
        With crumps and lice and lack of rum,
        He put a bullet through his brain.
        And no one spoke of him again.

You smug-faced crowds with kindling eye
        Who cheer when soldier lads march by,
        Sneak home and pray you'll never know
        The hell where youth and laughter go.

Comment

Originally posted by spaceghetti View Post
          Here you go:

They sell them in Multicam, Flectarn, Black, Brit DPM, Brit Desert DPM as well as OD.

It looks as if its the same design as the ones in the pic apod posted, it has the metal bar that goes into the belt and than a flap that goes over and closes with two metal studs.

Haven't gotten any of them yet but i was planning on getting some of these pouches they look good quality.

It's a bit pricey though

They sell mag pouches as well with 2 different types of buckle:
          NEW OLIVE GREEN PLCE Airborne Webbing Double Ammo Pouch | Collectables, Militaria, Current Militaria (1991-Now) | eBay!

http://cgi.ebay.ie/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?...RK:MESINDXX:IT

cheers fella. that is pricey think i'll leave them tbh

Comment

I think you picked me up wrong Buck.I was only using those pics of the BA DPM CEFO to demonstrate what i was on about.Of course you should try to get OG PLCE pouches if possible.They are getting rarer but they can still be got.
            "Let us be clear about three facts. First, all battles and all wars are won in the end by the infantryman. Secondly, the infantryman always bears the brunt. His casualties are heavier, he suffers greater extremes of discomfort and fatigue than the other arms. Thirdly, the art of the infantryman is less stereotyped and far harder to acquire in modern war than that of any other arm." ------- Field Marshall Wavell, April 1945.

Comment

Originally posted by apod View Post
              I think you picked me up wrong Buck.I was only using those pics of the BA DPM CEFO to demonstrate what i was on about.Of course you should try to get OG PLCE pouches if possible.They are getting rarer but they can still be got.
              Thought as much when I saw what I thought to be SA80 mags can anyone vouch for the OG protac stuff?

Comment

Originally posted by Buck View Post
                Docman...is the protac stuff decent? I may pick some of it up because that silvermans stuff is pricey. And I'm definitely not looking to go mad spending for the sake of once or twice a year!
                Been a while since I took a look. I know that the brand new stuff that they sell has issues with the clips breaking but the second hand stuff is good.

Comment

Dont touch Protac with a barge pole.The kit is not soldier proof and AFAIK is not IRR.
                  Not good.Stick with issue type PLCE where possible if i were you.
                  Heres a site that has OG PLCE pouches,second hand i know but you cant be too picky.
                  Genuine Army Surplus Store, prepper supplies Multicam and Army Surplus, Genuine Army Surplus always in stock at Surplus and Outdoors, wide range of Army Surplus, including ammo boxes, jerry cans, accessories and equipment for all your outdoor needs
                  "Let us be clear about three facts. First, all battles and all wars are won in the end by the infantryman. Secondly, the infantryman always bears the brunt. His casualties are heavier, he suffers greater extremes of discomfort and fatigue than the other arms. Thirdly, the art of the infantryman is less stereotyped and far harder to acquire in modern war than that of any other arm." ------- Field Marshall Wavell, April 1945.

Comment

Dont touch Protac with a barge pole.The kit is not soldier proof and AFAIK is not IRR.
                    The second hand stuff is ex-Brit Army - although I think most of it is gone now.

Comment

Heres a site that has OG PLCE pouches,second hand i know but you cant be too picky.
                      http://www.surplusandoutdoors.com/sh...y-webbing.html
                      I have a protac vest as well as one of those cheap NV monoculars from Lidl with an in-built IR light.

When i get the vest back off my buddy who's doing his standards course i can shine the IR light on it and see if this is true!

Comment

http://shop.ebay.co.uk/a-very-nice-b...id=p4340.l2562

Might help, also the Middleton shop is where i got a few good pouchs a few years ago

Comment

http://www.surplusandoutdoors.com/sh...y-webbing.html
                          Originally posted by mercurydoc View Post
                          http://shop.ebay.co.uk/a-very-nice-b...id=p4340.l2562

Might help, also the Middleton shop is where i got a few good pouchs a few years ago
                          Cheers for the help lads!

Apod - they dont post outside the UK

Comment

You Could butcher this for spare parts like my red cortina :-)

Comment

cheers but the only bits i need are the water bottle pouch and the utility pouch! that's a lot of webbing for two bits cheers again lads...looks like i'll have to source some bits from protac...hopefully they have the second hand ones

Comment

Originally posted by Buck View Post
                                Cheers for the help lads!

Apod - they dont post outside the UK
                                PM me Buck, I may be able to help with the not having a UK address

My CEFO consists of 3 utility pouches across the back, one for water the rest for kit.

I ditched the front right ammo pouch and replaced with a utility pouch. This pouch holds all my admin gear. My theory is that I rarely carry 8 magazines (it's the RDF after all), and it is a lot easier to get my battle book and TAM's/Q cards out of a pouch rather that trying to get things out of the top pocket of the smock when the pressure comes on! Also it keeps the bulk out of the smock. Top pocket of smock holds map/compass/whistle pace beads and some munchies. Bottom pockets keep kfs/torch all looped in.

Comment

Working...
                                X