armoured lancia

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Vintary,

Are you aware of the RUC Museums Lancia?
    Attached Files
    'History is a vast early warning system'. Norman Cousins

Comment

Originally posted by spider View Post
      Vintary,

Are you aware of the RUC Museums Lancia?
      I am, There is only one Armoured Lancia around that still has ( all ) it's original armoure and that sits outside a military museum in Rome up on 4 axle stands with cracked tyres and gathering dust in the baking sun. Pity because it would well in the Curragh beside the Rolls and Peerless.

Comment

Isn’t it a terrible pity to see this Armoured Lancia rotting away in a Italian military museum in Rome. She is the only surviving Armoured Lancia with its original armour intact. Built in the Inchicore railway works Dublin in 1921 for service with the British military, transferred to RUC in 1922 where she served until the mid 60s.
        She would look well in the Curragh beside the Peerless and the Rolls, painted in the Irish colours and looked after. I wonder if the lads in the Curragh museum were to chase it up and maybe give them a ring and say,, AHHHH Go On, Go On, Go On, Go On would they say,,? Sissignore.

Comment

she looks to be in about the same condition as a lot of the vehicles/armour I've seen in Bovington etc, I'd hardly say rotting away

Comment

Working...
          X