Questions about uniform..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Questions about uniform..

Just wondering, does anyone know where i could get a lanyard and namebadge for the no1 uniform..

Lanyard - isn't an issue item, it must be got through your unit

Namebadge - it is an issue item and can be got from clothing stores. There is also a company that you can buy them from

Comment

The nametags have to be ordered in a large quantity i looked into it a few months back!
      Train Hard Fight Easy!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by never_well View Post
        Just wondering, does anyone know where i could get a lanyard and namebadge for the no1 uniform..
        Hi I will pm you name and number of person who makes lanyard
        Lock and load

Comment

pm sent hope this will help you... regards
          Lock and load

Comment

MMI is proud to provide medals, trophies and awards to some of the biggest organisations in international sports. We provide bespoke awards service online.

These make the Nametags for the SD1's
            Cry "havoc!", and let slip the dogs of war!

Comment

Originally posted by DeV View Post
              Lanyard - isn't an issue item, it must be got through your unit

Namebadge - it is an issue item and can be got from clothing stores. There is also a company that you can buy them from
              Why aren't lanyards on general issue?

Comment

Originally posted by Tango_Charlie View Post

Because thats what the Admin Instruction says. The cost will not be bourne by public funds except for specific units and corps exempted due to the ceremonial nature of their unit or corps. There is a review underway and it is envisaged that they will be issued (probably on repayment) through OCES so as to standardise paterns, shades and thicknesses etc as there are wide variations throughout some units / corps

Comment

Lanyards ARE issuable, but only to the Military Police and Artillery

On that subject, with all the talk of esprit de corps, etc., what about that idea ?
                  Issuable lanyards, representing each corps of the Army ?

The Transport Corps, Cavalry Corps, and Ordnance Corps already use lanyards
                  which are variations on standard colours...
                  "Well, stone me! We've had cocaine, bribery and Arsenal scoring two goals at home. But just when you thought there were truly no surprises left in football, Vinnie Jones turns out to be an international player!" (Jimmy Greaves)!"

Comment

Because Admin Instr A9 says that they will not be bourne on the public expense with certain exemptions for certain units / corps that are highly involved in ceremonial eg MPs, Cav, Arty and one or two others that I cant think of.

They will be issued from OCES (most likely on repayment) in the not too distant future in order to ensure that they become standardised throughout units to eliminate the variations in shade, length, thicknesses etc etc

Comment

Id be happier if i could get my sd1s issued!! 3 years next month still no sign of them!!!
                      Train Hard Fight Easy!!!!

Comment

Are you talking about the metal name badges for SD1s? Don't know your rank OP but AFAIK these are not supposed to be worn by junior ranks? I'm sure someone will dig out the relevant regulation
                        "Many a time a man's mouth broke his nose"

"Don't waste money buying expensive binoculars. Simply stand next to the object you wish to view."

Comment

If you are going on a course, such as POTs etc, they are required for SD No1s.
                          Usually in the Joining Instructions though.

Catch-22 says they have a right to do anything we can't stop them from doing.

Comment

Originally posted by Duffman View Post
                            Are you talking about the metal name badges for SD1s? Don't know your rank OP but AFAIK these are not supposed to be worn by junior ranks? I'm sure someone will dig out the relevant regulation
                            To be worn at all times unless ordered.

AI A9 (New Series)
                            Para 122

a. Name tabs shall be worn by all ranks. Two types, cloth and metal may be
                            worn as outlined below in sub-para d. “Occasions for Wear”.

d. Occasions for Wear
                            (1) The cloth version shall be worn with Field Dress, Pullover, Flying
                            jacket and Flying suit on all occasions.
                            (2) The metal version shall be worn with Service Dress Nos 1, 2 and 3
                            on all occasions except where ordered.

Comment

Usually for the GPO your ordered not to wear them as not everyone will have them.

Comment

Working...
                              X