Reserve Recruitment in South Dublin/Wicklow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reserve Recruitment in South Dublin/Wicklow

Can anyone tell me if there is any reserve recruitment taking place in South Dublin/Wicklow at the moment ?

62 Infantry had an open evening back in Feb but I missed it, and their unofficial site which used to have some good info seems to be offline.

Thanks.

Short answer - no one is allowed to recruit at the moment due to the
    recruitment / promotion embargo

That's not to say that interested people who want to enlist can't drop up
    to the barracks and leave their details with the staff there

At least that way, when recruitment recommences, you are on the list...
    "Well, stone me! We've had cocaine, bribery and Arsenal scoring two goals at home. But just when you thought there were truly no surprises left in football, Vinnie Jones turns out to be an international player!" (Jimmy Greaves)!"

Comment

Thanks for the info, can you just show up unannounced ? or do you need to make an appointment, and what happens, do you just sit and watch for the evening, do you participate, or do you just get a tour and a chat ?

Thanks,

Comment

Originally posted by InterestedParty View Post
        Can anyone tell me if there is any reserve recruitment taking place in South Dublin/Wicklow at the moment ?

62 Infantry had an open evening back in Feb but I missed it, and their unofficial site which used to have some good info seems to be offline.

Thanks.
        Their website maintainer is away at the moment. I can send you on contact details if you'd like them. Are you in Wicklow or South Dublin?

As has been mentioned, recruitment (for this year) seems to be done. But units are maintaining a waiting list and some are rumoured to be providing limited training.

Comment

Their website maintainer is away at the moment
          He is not a million miles away.
          "Are they trying to shoot down the other drone? "

"No, they're trying to fly the tank"

Comment

Originally posted by trellheim View Post
            He is not a million miles away.
            I had been told by someone in the 62 Bn that he was "abroad" (I had reason recently to be looking to contact him), but I'll bow to your knowledge on the matter.

Comment

Working...
            X