Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

British Army Combat Uniform (MPT PCS CU)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RoyalGreenJacket View Post
    in the end we were issued black US Jungle Boots (i've still got mine somewhere).
    Yeah, I have a couple of pairs of those too; they're the second generation jungle boots. They were not as tough as the original green ones though.
    "On the plains of hesitation, bleach the bones of countless millions, who on the very dawn of victory, laid down to rest, and in resting died.

Never give up!!"

Comment

Originally posted by Jungle View Post
      LOL !! I remember when serving in Cyprus, there were Brits wearing the US jungle boots (excellent boots at the time) but in order to not look American, they applied boot polish to the green canvas portion...

Now it is difficult for the uninitiated to distinguish between US and UK Forces in Afghanistan !!
      in the end we were issued black US Jungle Boots (i've still got mine somewhere).

this time though - the Yanks are copying us as we fielded MTP in general service before they got Multicam out there.
      As ye might know, the Irish DF use these as the lightweight barracks boot:

There is a steel toed version for those who require it also
      "Well, stone me! We've had cocaine, bribery and Arsenal scoring two goals at home. But just when you thought there were truly no surprises left in football, Vinnie Jones turns out to be an international player!" (Jimmy Greaves)!"

Comment

And for tactical boots, a modified and updated version of the Haix Tibet is currently used by the Defence forces isnt it?
        "He is an enemy officer taken in battle and entitled to fair treatment."
        "No, sir. He's a sergeant, and they don't deserve no respect at all, sir. I should know. They're cunning and artful, if they're any good. I wouldn't mind if he was an officer, sir. But sergeants are clever."

Comment

I fxxking hate those magnums they are absolute dung! Haix are the business not the easiest to break in but overall pretty good boots, Pretty expensive to buy though Brix are charging over 200 a pair, I think if I were spending that much on boots i would be looking into alt bergs or meindls. But as an issued boot they arent bad!!
          Train Hard Fight Easy!!!!

Comment

Are the army pro goretex used by irish or british forces at all these days? they retail at 260 euro, borrowed a pair for a weeks trip to slovakia and poland this month and they survived minus 30, tons of snow and ice, trip up into the mountains skiing and hiking around auswitcz in the snow too. fantastic boots.

Im heading to manchester next month and intend to pick up some cheap kit and possibly new pair of these boots. Any reputable british military / outdoor stores anyone would recommend perusing that give discounts to military ?
            Last edited by morpheus; 28 February 2012, 10:16.
            "He is an enemy officer taken in battle and entitled to fair treatment."
            "No, sir. He's a sergeant, and they don't deserve no respect at all, sir. I should know. They're cunning and artful, if they're any good. I wouldn't mind if he was an officer, sir. But sergeants are clever."

Comment

Just haix and magnums issued i think, Lowas available to certain units aswell
              Train Hard Fight Easy!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by morpheus View Post
                Are the army pro goretex used by irish or british forces at all these days? they retail at 260 euro, borrowed a pair for a weeks trip to slovakia and poland this month and they survived minus 30, tons of snow and ice, trip up into the mountains skiing and hiking around auswitcz in the snow too. fantastic boots.

Im heading to manchester next month and intend to pick up some cheap kit and possibly new pair of these boots. Any reputable british military / outdoor stores anyone would recommend perusing that give discounts to military ?

we still issue Gore-Tex Pro Boots - my mate got some recently for a tour in the Falklands.

i last used mine in Bosnia a few years ago and they were excellent as ever.

you can pick them up for about £20 on eBay.

anyway, we digress - lets get back to MTP PCS CU.
                RGJ

...Once a Rifleman - Always a Rifleman... Celer et Audax

The Rifles

Comment

Originally posted by morpheus View Post
                  And for tactical boots, a modified and updated version of the Haix Tibet is currently used by the Defence forces isnt it?
                  Correct Morpheus

The DF requested eye loops on the boots, rather than eye hooks, as on the standard Haix Tibet boot
                  "Well, stone me! We've had cocaine, bribery and Arsenal scoring two goals at home. But just when you thought there were truly no surprises left in football, Vinnie Jones turns out to be an international player!" (Jimmy Greaves)!"

Comment

Originally posted by Celtic-Warrior View Post
                    I fxxking hate those magnums they are absolute dung! Haix are the business not the easiest to break in but overall pretty good boots, Pretty expensive to buy though Brix are charging over 200 a pair, I think if I were spending that much on boots i would be looking into alt bergs or meindls. But as an issued boot they arent bad!!
                    What ??? What's "Brix" ? (EDIT: Ahhh, I see now)

Jeebus !!!! No recession round here !

A few years ago, Bond Safety in Monaghan were selling the Haix Tibet for €140 a pair !!!

Comment

currently, most of us are wearing desert boots with MTP PCS CU, but it appears these may be the boots we are issued eventually - they have been short-listed and are already on trial:

Altberg Bergen Brown Military Boot

Brown is the new Black
                      Ha ! When the Haix Tibet boots were introduced into the DF, there was initial confusion, where the rumour "these are not to be polished"
                      was circulating around

What was actually the truth was that the "guardsman gloss" type polish was not to be used, as it buggers up the Goretex lining in the boot

Why BROWN, I wonder ?

And is theres a lightweight boot for general barracks duties, for use with the MTP gear ?

Comment

Originally posted by Truck Driver View Post
                        Ha ! When the Haix Tibet boots were introduced into the DF, there was initial confusion, where the rumour "these are not to be polished"
                        was circulating around

What was actually the truth was that the "guardsman gloss" type polish was not to be used, as it buggers up the Goretex lining in the boot

Why BROWN, I wonder ?

And is theres a lightweight boot for general barracks duties, for use with the MTP gear ?
                        black is no longer used in the colour pattern of MTP (and is not often found naturally in nature either), but brown boots compliment the uniform quite well and add to the camouflage effect.

i have the Lowa Sepia boots in Nubuck which deffo do not need to be polished, but these Altbergs will need polish.

and yes - every soldier will have a personal choice of which boots he wants to be issued - 1 pair of 2 lightweight boots on offer and a choice of 1 pair of 2 heavier combat boots on offer.

these boots will always be in the system and can be changed as required when they wear out or need replacing.

i haven't polished a pair of boots in nearly a year now since we went into MTP with brown boots.
                        RGJ

...Once a Rifleman - Always a Rifleman... Celer et Audax

The Rifles

Comment

C'mon mate stop being disingenuous.The BA hasn't changed over to brown boots yet.In fact IIRC their is a CG'S instruction stating that black boots will be worn until such time as the new ones go on issue.The brown boots are still only being trialled.Correct?
                          "Let us be clear about three facts. First, all battles and all wars are won in the end by the infantryman. Secondly, the infantryman always bears the brunt. His casualties are heavier, he suffers greater extremes of discomfort and fatigue than the other arms. Thirdly, the art of the infantryman is less stereotyped and far harder to acquire in modern war than that of any other arm." ------- Field Marshall Wavell, April 1945.

Comment

Got my MTP Multicam uniforms today, not allowed to wear them until December.

Comment

Originally posted by Truck Driver View Post
                              What ??? What's "Brix" ? (EDIT: Ahhh, I see now)

Jeebus !!!! No recession round here !

A few years ago, Bond Safety in Monaghan were selling the Haix Tibet for €140 a pair !!!
                              Bond safety - Brix are their online store.

Comment

Can anyone comment on the BA’s PCS suitability?

Some features

Comment

Working...
                                X