DF issue Sleeping Bag

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mercurydoc View Post
    ya apod thats the one, will ya get me a name of manufacture or a site if you dont mind!
    I will try.My issue bag is one of the 2005 jungle type Nanok bags.Only a few of the newer lads have the 09 bag.
    "Let us be clear about three facts. First, all battles and all wars are won in the end by the infantryman. Secondly, the infantryman always bears the brunt. His casualties are heavier, he suffers greater extremes of discomfort and fatigue than the other arms. Thirdly, the art of the infantryman is less stereotyped and far harder to acquire in modern war than that of any other arm." ------- Field Marshall Wavell, April 1945.

Comment

Originally posted by apod View Post
      I will try.My issue bag is one of the 2005 jungle type Nanok bags.Only a few of the newer lads have the 09 bag.
      is that the liberia bag? got the flu after spendinf a night in one of them it was so cold,,, supose i should have closed the window

Comment

Yup.One and the same.Recruits back in 2005 also got them.
        I used that bag in the depths of the bad winter of 2009 in appaling weather.No problems.
        You just have to be smart and use it with a bivvy bag and warm layers on you aswell.
        "Let us be clear about three facts. First, all battles and all wars are won in the end by the infantryman. Secondly, the infantryman always bears the brunt. His casualties are heavier, he suffers greater extremes of discomfort and fatigue than the other arms. Thirdly, the art of the infantryman is less stereotyped and far harder to acquire in modern war than that of any other arm." ------- Field Marshall Wavell, April 1945.

Comment

Originally posted by Truck Driver View Post

This sounds a little too much like real exprience ....
          Anything you wanna tell us ???

In fact, now I recall it, I lost my virginity in a 58 Pattern sleeping bag! NO DUFF

DISCLAIMER: Yes, to a girl, and No, I won't be posting the full story.

Comment

Working...
          X