No announcement yet.

New PLCE Design

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Personally i would perfer the higher boot like the Haix over the smaller lowas. Are there 8 inch lowas available?
    Train Hard Fight Easy!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by trellheim View Post
      but in the old boot tender that HAIX won wasn't it decided that the LOWA GTXs were too expensive ?
      Hopefully the DF learn the lesson that you buy cheap, you pay twice. I have had a pair of Lowas for a number of years now, Combat GTX's, and they are the dogs nuts.

Originally posted by Hello Alaska
      Had they gone with the Molle system, since most of them are plate carrier systems, they would've saved money instead of having to buy seperate CBA too.
      Wasn't the argument for not doing this that you could take off your webbing and still have the protection of CBA while digging in etc.?
      What are you cackling at, fatty? Too much pie, that's your problem.

Comment

Originally posted by Celtic-Warrior View Post
        Personally i would perfer the higher boot like the Haix over the smaller lowas. Are there 8 inch lowas available?
        I wear Lowa's now and unless I'm told otherwise, I'll never use Haix out on the ground again.

Originally posted by ODIN View Post
        Wasn't the argument for not doing this that you could take off your webbing and still have the protection of CBA while digging in etc.?
        I'm sure it was but I was speaking merely from a cost POV. Although with the Yanks, Brits etc. going down the road of plate carriers, I'd hazard a guess there's a good reason they're going down that route.

Anyway, if you're in a position where you need to wear CBA while digging in, you're probably better of having your webbing on.
        Last edited by Hello Alaska; 25 October 2011, 19:38.

Comment

Originally posted by trellheim View Post
          but in the old boot tender that HAIX won wasn't it decided that the LOWA GTXs were too expensive ?
          Looks like they'll end up paying out anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by Hello Alaska View Post
            I wear Lowa's now and unless I'm told otherwise, I'll never use Haix out on the ground again.

Anyway, if you're in a position where you need to wear CBA while digging in, you're probably better of having your webbing on.
            Got my Haix this year, if the DF go the way of Lowas, I will be pretty pissed off, if I had of waited I might have got my second pair for free :p Only time I wore the Haix was on the course. Lowas are a lighter boot too.

Re: CBA & Webbing, you are of course right, if you need CBA chances are you are going to need webbing too.

I wonder was it a civil servant or DF officer who made the call on both the boots and IPCLS...whoever it was, I have a feeling that their job is probably under review :P

Also, does anybody know did the DF trial any other system apart from IPCLS, and if so what was it?
            What are you cackling at, fatty? Too much pie, that's your problem.

Comment

Re the Haix, after wearing them for a while they seem to soften up way too much. Maybe its because they are wet or warm from my feet but I may as well wear a pair of runners when for all the support they gave

Comment

I think the HAIX are great, now I really do, a little too willing to take in water over the tops but that's the only criticism.
                "Are they trying to shoot down the other drone? "

"No, they're trying to fly the tank"

Comment

Theres a question lads a mate of mine gave me my haix as he chooses to wear other boots meindls i think and since hes a blackhat he got haix anyway, Theres a bit of wear on one sole which could lead to a split between boot and sole, if this happens could my Cq get them replaced under the wear and tear issue or because they werent issued to me would i be told to just buy new boots? Any ideas?
                  Train Hard Fight Easy!!!!

Comment

Back on thread

The MOLLE systems seems to have been adapted into PLCE as well. This is something I think would do very well and resolves a lot of the issues with old PLCE

Comment

Originally posted by Docman View Post
                      Back on thread

The MOLLE systems seems to have been adapted into PLCE as well. This is something I think would do very well and resolves a lot of the issues with old PLCE

The great thing about that is the MOLLE pad acts as a hip pad.

Comment

Originally posted by Celtic-Warrior View Post
                        ....Theres a bit of wear on one sole which could lead to a split between boot and sole, if this happens could my Cq get them replaced under the wear and tear issue or because they werent issued to me would i be told to just buy new boots? Any ideas?
                        As they were not issued to you, and thus would not be listed on your issued items on your
                        clothing form, it's highly likely your friendly Stores CQMS would tell you to go and f*** off
                        - your OWN CQMS would probably do the same !!!
                        "Well, stone me! We've had cocaine, bribery and Arsenal scoring two goals at home. But just when you thought there were truly no surprises left in football, Vinnie Jones turns out to be an international player!" (Jimmy Greaves)!"

Comment

Originally posted by ODIN View Post
                          Got my Haix this year, if the DF go the way of Lowas, I will be pretty pissed off, if I had of waited I might have got my second pair for free :p Only time I wore the Haix was on the course. Lowas are a lighter boot too.

Re: CBA & Webbing, you are of course right, if you need CBA chances are you are going to need webbing too.

I wonder was it a civil servant or DF officer who made the call on both the boots and IPCLS...whoever it was, I have a feeling that their job is probably under review :P
                          I'll be fairly gutted if I end up getting Lowa's too since I paid for mine.

AFAIK, it was a DF Officer who made the call... You can be sure a civil servant was looking over his shoulder though, keeping an eye on the purse strings. It's come back to bite them in the bollocks though. Personally, I'm delighted. Might convince them to put some proper thought into procurement in the future instead of half doing the job.

Comment

The IPLCS was selected after extensive trials by a number of different units.

IIRC 10 lads from 2 Bn (could have been higher) trialed the backpacks. They did a day nav in each set every day for a about 2 weeks and made their recommendations on the best one afterwards.

The tests were blind, ie they didnt know what what what. the LA one was 2nd from what I have been told.

Not sure why the first choice wasnt selected

Comment

Originally posted by midnight oil View Post
                              What was the first choice?

Comment

Originally posted by midnight oil View Post
                                Money
                                Don't stand there GAWPING, like you've never seen the hand of God BEFORE!!

Comment

Working...
                                X