Thanks Thanks:  71
Likes Likes:  54
Dislikes Dislikes:  2
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Post Thanks / Like
    And I will disagree with you right back.
    The pre 1960's Denison smock is, as you say,vaguely camouflaged in a totally different ptn, but as I implied above even though 1960 Ptn (Limited issue) and 1966 Ptn (general issue) were slightly different they could still clearly be seen to be the same pattern.Much like our early and later IP-DPM's.

"In 1966 the British Ministry of Defense issued the Pattern 1960 DPM (P60), the first in a long line of Disruptive Pattern Material uniforms to be issued by the British Armed Forces. The cut of the standard uniform was based on the Pattern 60 olive green combat uniform, but made in the DPM material. Additional versions were produced in the style of the M1942 Windproof uniform, and worn by British Special Forces. It is difficult to classify British DPM designs because so many different versions have been produced, yet only the type of uniform has ever received an official classification. Adding to the confusion, uniform classifications (P60, P68, P84) quite often conflict with the year in which the uniform was first issued. Subsequent uniform types may have initially been produced using the same printing of fabric of the previous model (P68, P84), while in most cases several production variants were also fielded in a single uniform classification. Illustrated below are two variations of the earliest known productions of DPM fabric, which would have appeared on the P60 Combat Uniform. Both designs also appeared on the 1968 Pattern Combat Uniform"

https://camopedia.org/index.php?title=United_Kingdom

So,between the jigs and reals,UK DPM in it's various guises,lasted a Looooooong time before being replace totally by MTP.
    Unlike NZ MCCU.
    Infantry Corps - An Lámh Comhrac

"Let us be clear about three facts:First of all.All battles and all wars are won in the end by the Infantryman.Secondly the Infantryman bears the brunt of the fighting,his casualties are heavier and he suffers greater extremes of fatigue and discomfort than the other arms.Thirdly,the art of the Infantryman is less stereotyped and harder to acquire than that of any other arm".
    -- Field Marshall Earl Wavell.1948

2. Thanks na grohmiti thanked for this post
    C/S
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by apod View Post
    Unlike NZ MCCU.
    But does the MCCU really matter any longer. A decision made 7 years ago during a year when Defence budgets were cut? The last 15 years may have been awful for the NZDF but the next 15 years in terms of what is coming down the pipeline as outlined in the Defence Capability Plan last month including new multi-cam is far more interesting and has support from the opposition whose sole complaint was that the C-130J-30's were selected sole source.

Lt General
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by apod View Post
    And I will disagree with you right back.
    The pre 1960's Denison smock is, as you say,vaguely camouflaged in a totally different ptn, but as I implied above even though 1960 Ptn (Limited issue) and 1966 Ptn (general issue) were slightly different they could still clearly be seen to be the same pattern.Much like our early and later IP-DPM's.

"In 1966 the British Ministry of Defense issued the Pattern 1960 DPM (P60), the first in a long line of Disruptive Pattern Material uniforms to be issued by the British Armed Forces. The cut of the standard uniform was based on the Pattern 60 olive green combat uniform, but made in the DPM material. Additional versions were produced in the style of the M1942 Windproof uniform, and worn by British Special Forces. It is difficult to classify British DPM designs because so many different versions have been produced, yet only the type of uniform has ever received an official classification. Adding to the confusion, uniform classifications (P60, P68, P84) quite often conflict with the year in which the uniform was first issued. Subsequent uniform types may have initially been produced using the same printing of fabric of the previous model (P68, P84), while in most cases several production variants were also fielded in a single uniform classification. Illustrated below are two variations of the earliest known productions of DPM fabric, which would have appeared on the P60 Combat Uniform. Both designs also appeared on the 1968 Pattern Combat Uniform"

https://camopedia.org/index.php?title=United_Kingdom

So,between the jigs and reals,UK DPM in it's various guises,lasted a Looooooong time before being replace totally by MTP.
    Unlike NZ MCCU.
    I bet you expect me to disagree with you again.

I'm not though. I'm going to take sone time to visit that excellent link you provided, and then get back to you, maybe in a year or so.
    German 1: Private Schnutz, I have bad news for you.
    German 2: Private? I am a general!
    German 1: That is the bad news.

Post Thanks / Like
    Infantry Corps - An Lámh Comhrac

"Let us be clear about three facts:First of all.All battles and all wars are won in the end by the Infantryman.Secondly the Infantryman bears the brunt of the fighting,his casualties are heavier and he suffers greater extremes of fatigue and discomfort than the other arms.Thirdly,the art of the Infantryman is less stereotyped and harder to acquire than that of any other arm".
    -- Field Marshall Earl Wavell.1948

6. Likes Orion liked this post

Thread Information