• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Pure Hover View Post
    Monopolies bad - competition good.
    For once, we agree PH!

Comment

• Well either the gov buy 2 birds to replace the 139s lost to the DF while doing the air ambo gig or pay CHC a shitload to do the same. Either option costs a lot, surely the S92s provide sufficient capacity at the moment but I suppose it's all politics.
      Everyone who's ever loved you was wrong.

Comment

• Correct me if I'm wrong but aren't the State already paying CHC to do some air ambulance work.

That work is likely to continue seeing we are in a 10 year contract!

Comment

• Classic case of a highly professional service being provided by both agencies making a real difference in that lives are actually being saved as opposed to statistically being saved. It seems that the decision to retain the service has already been made and the extension of the service is simply an ack of that. What terrifies the bean-counters though are the potential costs associated with a privatisation or expansion of the service. I refer you to JBM's acute assessment.

Comment

• The CASA was showing on FlightRadar24 early hours of this morning. Knock to RAF Northolt.

Comment

• "A fast motion version of a recent Air Ambulance from Dublin to London"

Comment

• Has the 135 helicopter that was involved in a accident some time ago been repaired and put back into service yet??

Comment

• Originally posted by Duffer View Post
                  Has the 135 helicopter that was involved in a accident some time ago been repaired and put back into service yet??
                  Wonder how much the repair cost? Anyone know??

Comment

• Originally posted by Meatbomb View Post
                    Wonder how much the repair cost? Anyone know??
                    Not as much as the CHC contract = 523, 000, 000.00 if not more!!!

Comment

• MOD: Keep it civil

Comment

• Originally posted by Happyman View Post
                        Not as much as the CHC contract = 523, 000, 000.00 if not more!!!
                        What a ridiculous, biased, and completely irrelevant to the conversation comment!

Comment

• Originally posted by warthog View Post
                          What a ridiculous, biased, and completely irrelevant to the conversation comment!
                          No surprises there then warthog. Happyman needs to realise that the deal is done for the next ten to thirteen years and no amount of crying on his part ( never backed up with any kind of facts ) is going to change that. In all likelihood the IAC will continue to operate the current service from the Don and the midlands with the IRCG helping out when and where required.
                          Let's just hope Hn never requires their services.

Comment

• Originally posted by Helihead View Post
                            No surprises there then warthog. Happyman needs to realise that the deal is done for the next ten to thirteen years and no amount of crying on his part ( never backed up with any kind of facts ) is going to change that. In all likelihood the IAC will continue to operate the current service from the Don and the midlands with the IRCG helping out when and where required.
                            Let's just hope Hn never requires their services.
                            Absolutely, I mean if you're going to make absurd comparisons, at least break it down by a factor of ten to give the yearly cost!
                            the 523 mil figure just smacks of sensationalism when taken out of context
                            (Never-mind that its to fund FOUR bases)

anyways lets not drag the thread off the rails again, good to hear the EC-135 is coming back on stream as any available air asset is only a benefit to the state in my book!
                            Last edited by warthog; 21 January 2014, 23:27.

Comment

• My question still stands, anyone know how much?
                              Will this a/c returning to the don mean it will release the 139 from EAS and the 135 service will re commence?

Comment

• easily a couple of million id say
                                "He is an enemy officer taken in battle and entitled to fair treatment."
                                "No, sir. He's a sergeant, and they don't deserve no respect at all, sir. I should know. They're cunning and artful, if they're any good. I wouldn't mind if he was an officer, sir. But sergeants are clever."

Comment

Working...
                                X