No announcement yet.

Air Corps air ambulance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dr. John. Legend in so many ways. A huge loss to the motorcycling world he was. Delta 7 RIP.
    For now, everything hangs on implementation of the CoDF report.

Comment

• Reading in one of the red tops about a diver who had to be flown to norn iron to a hyperbaric chamber by the coast guard as there was no staff to run the one in uchg...do the NS not have one? I thought they've one on a truck? The Diver got into trouble after diving in cork.
      Everyone who's ever loved you was wrong.

Comment

• Originally posted by The real Jack View Post
        Reading in one of the red tops about a diver who had to be flown to norn iron to a hyperbaric chamber by the coast guard as there was no staff to run the one in uchg...do the NS not have one? I thought they've one on a truck? The Diver got into trouble after diving in cork.
        they do but not sure if it would suit every situation

Comment

• Three companies applied to provide the service in a recent tendering process.

€7m to fund a 12 hour night time air ambulance service but a cut of €700k to the AC helped create this mess

Comment

• Originally posted by DeV View Post
            http://jrnl.ie/4056309f

€7m to fund a 12 hour night time air ambulance service but a cut of €700k to the AC helped create this mess
            Split a €1m between the 1 Ops Wing pilots and another €1m between the ATC'ers as a retention package would have solved the problem and saved the taxpayer €5m.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rhodes View Post
              Split a €1m between the 1 Ops Wing pilots and another €1m between the ATC'ers as a retention package would have solved the problem and saved the taxpayer €5m.
              Don't forget to include the technicians. There are three major problem areas. Pilots, ATC and technicians, in no particular order.

The whole issue is a farce to be honest.

Comment

• Sloane Helicopters is going to provide an A109 out of Cork Airport from August for ICRR

Comment

• Originally posted by DeV View Post
                  Sloane Helicopters is going to provide an A109 out of Cork Airport from August for ICRR

https://www.icrr.ie/community-air-am...ay-to-ireland/
                  I have a terrible feeling of deja-vu about this. It seems to have been announced about three times in the last 10 years.

Comment

• Originally posted by na grohmití View Post
                    I have a terrible feeling of deja-vu about this. It seems to have been announced about three times in the last 10 years.
                    And trying to raise €2 million annually in funding

Comment

• Originally posted by Rhodes View Post
                      And how about the aircraft ?.. they have to be funded, albeit the initial capitalistation is at the tax payers expense, its not free and has to be built into the cost.

Looking for roles for state assets that are already in place is a fallacy , when situations change and the non primary role cannot be met there is a blackhole and everyone wonder why?

We need to take air ambulance out of state hands and privatize it. To many fifedoms state service to ensure a fully functioning service. I blip on the service and it ends up in a tribunal costing more that it did to establish a proper service.

Outsource it and get over it!
                      Covid 19 is not over ....it's still very real..Hand Hygiene, Social Distancing and Masks.. keep safe

Comment

• I think its a sad day if this is taken away from the Air Corps, they have proved to be so reliable and professional in the Air Ambulance role travelling to the four corners of the Country and have saved so many lives on a daily basis, im sure its a role they get great satisfaction out of doing along with their colleges in the HSE. Air Corps 112 has proved to be a fantastic life service and long may it continue.

Comment

• There are crossed wires here. The contract awarded is for out of hours patient transfer to the UK. Air Corps still provide the routine hours service (Lear).
                          This has nothing to do with 112.
                          The Cork announcement is a sideshow, if anything. I will be the first to celebrate if I am proven wrong, but I have seen similar announcements, with people wearing similar clothes, once with a Bond EC135 in the background, another with an A109.

Comment

• There are a number of balls in the air here:

We have HEMS type work (scene to hospital / transfers between Irish hospitals )
                            We have air ambulance type work (Home/hospital to generally the UK)

Involved now we have:
                            EAS 112 (HEMS)
                            IRCG (both)
                            ICAA (HEMS)
                            Other AC a/c (air ambulance)
                            The contractor (air ambulance)

AC has the aircraft, has the spare capacity, it needs the personnel.

There is no way on earth that ICAA will be able to fundraise € 2 m annually, probably 80% of their funding will have to come from the HSE unless they find a corporate sponsor with very deep pockets

Comment

• he contract awarded is for out of hours patient transfer to the UK. Air Corps still provide the routine hours service (Lear).
                              And there within is the crux of the problem, we are buying aircraft looking for roles for them as opposed to using them to their maximum potential and then looking for other work..and yes I know its also a ministerial taxi.. and how how many times have we got that one wrong in the past.

If you outsource the service the service provider has to supply the air craft, the crews and replacements as required....short of more MATS aircraft we using resources that could be spent elsewhere within the DF.

The Cork announcement is a sideshow, if anything. I will be the first to celebrate if I am proven wrong, but I have seen similar announcements, with people wearing similar clothes, once with a Bond EC135 in the background, another with an A109.
                              You are indeed spot on, they were selling it cover Cork , Kerry and Waterford.

the Aer Corps is being buttonholed into jobs that are done in other countries by non state assets. We will in effect end up witha an Aer Corps whose entire existence will be to support the NAS.

We've discuused at lenght what they should be doing in line with varuious battle groups etc, yet we are digging them into other roles , possibly trying to justify their existence.
                              Covid 19 is not over ....it's still very real..Hand Hygiene, Social Distancing and Masks.. keep safe

Comment

• Originally posted by Brian McGrath View Post
                                I think its a sad day if this is taken away from the Air Corps, they have proved to be so reliable and professional in the Air Ambulance role travelling to the four corners of the Country and have saved so many lives on a daily basis, im sure its a role they get great satisfaction out of doing along with their colleges in the HSE. Air Corps 112 has proved to be a fantastic life service and long may it continue.
                                Three words.

NOT THEIR JOB!!!!.

A secondary function that has been allowed to supplant their primary role IOT keep the pilots hours up.
                                Privatise.Just like everyone else does and let the AC get back to doing what they should be doing.Military flying.
                                "Let us be clear about three facts. First, all battles and all wars are won in the end by the infantryman. Secondly, the infantryman always bears the brunt. His casualties are heavier, he suffers greater extremes of discomfort and fatigue than the other arms. Thirdly, the art of the infantryman is less stereotyped and far harder to acquire in modern war than that of any other arm." ------- Field Marshall Wavell, April 1945.

Comment

Working...
                                X