No announcement yet.

Air Corps air ambulance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How many employees and contractors does CHC employ?

Comment

• Originally posted by Meatbomb View Post
      How much will the AC cost the tax payer in the same period as the current CG contract? Ill bet it's more than the cost of the CG contract.
      It's a wonder PH didn't jump all over ya and correct your figures to 520 million or something like that!
      The Defence Budget is €677 million for this year (when you take out pensions).

The strength of the whole PDF is 9,500, pay accounts for over 70% of the budget.

The strength of the AC is around 850 (around 9% of the PDF).

You do the maths!

Comment

• Originally posted by DeV View Post
        How many employees and contractors does CHC employ?
        C.126 employees at average gross wage of 92k pa.

Comment

How many employees and contractors does CHC employ?
          At a guess there are approximately 110 -120 employed by CHC.
          My question still goes unanswered, how much does the AC cost for the next ten years, INCLUDING pensions? Add in everything, a/c operating costs, airfield operating costs, wages the works. I'd love a transparent answer, so we can all know how much the tax payer pays for an AC and what they get for their money?
          I'm not looking to run anyone to ground here.
          People here say the AC is great value for money, great, give us the figures to back it up, nothing to fear? Then nothing to hide.

Comment

• If you include pensions and as an approx figure get 9%:

AC costs €80m annually to pay 850 personnel, god knows how many pensioners and operate a fleet of around 25 aircraft.

CHC cost €52m annually to pay 130 personnel, wonder to they contribute to pensions and operate 5 aircraft.

€3.2 m versus over €10 m per airframe.

But let's remember we aren't comparing like with like.

It is difficult to find out how much things cost for 1 section of the DF, as the RDF VFM found.

Comment

• Let's not forget that IRCG have 4 aircraft fully crewed 24/7, at four different locations that are not owned by CHC or IRCG.

Air corps has one aircraft 24/7/365. Not counting the Garda air support as the corps only contribute 1/3rd to that crew. Actually do the air corps bill the Garda for the pilot?

You are comparing apples and oranges here.
              Last edited by SARMAN; 30 January 2013, 09:17.
              Although I have walked in the valley of the shadows of death I fear no evil...

Comment

• Video from the HSE.

Comment

• Haha the useless HSE can manage to produce and upload a video in HD while the DF can't.
                  Everyone who's ever loved you was wrong.

Comment

• that's a great video. Why haven't the CG done something as simple. I have to admit dealing with CG P1s is is if I have a chance of refusing it I will refuse it. May be wrong

Comment

• Originally posted by Clacks View Post
                      that's a great video. Why haven't the CG done something as simple. I have to admit dealing with CG P1s is is if I have a chance of refusing it I will refuse it. May be wrong
                      Clacks when your dealing with CG crews your dealing with 4 people, all part of a crew. If crews get correct information it makes decisions easier. When the scramble phone rings everyone wants to take the task but the fact is there are so many hoops to jump through to ensure that the flights are carried out to the letter of the law that often tasks have to be refused. It is very frustrating. With the introduction of the S92 it will get easier, and as I said to you on another thread earlier the fact that SMC's don't always have the answers Sar crews need to decide If they can accept a task, makes me believe they should communicate with NACC directly after CG give permission to use the a/c.

Comment

• They are a declared SAR asset not a declared HEMS asset, they have to be tasked/released by their "owner".

Comment

They are a declared SAR asset not a declared HEMS asset, they have to be tasked/released by their "owner".
                          True, and the rule book is written for SAR. There are exemptions for hems type missions but only in very clearly defined circumstances. There has been a massive increase in requests for helicopter assistance from the HSE since October. Everyone is learning, crews need more information about the patients condition in order to know if they are legally allowed to accept the task. Sometimes the delay in waiting for the answers is causing delays in accepting or turning down taskings.
                          In that video the crews were speaking directly to NACC controllers, passage of info is much quicker.

Comment

• Originally posted by Clacks View Post
                            that's a great video. Why haven't the CG done something as simple. I have to admit dealing with CG P1s is is if I have a chance of refusing it I will refuse it. May be wrong
                            Clacks, mightn't be reading your cryptic post correctly but if I am, maybe the P1's have valid concerns over potential taskings with scant info on a tasking probably being the order of the day, possibly creating a lot of What if's. Wonder if the MRSC can refuse the tasking from the NAAC or is it always passed on?

Suppose it's a double edged sword - the more taskings that are accepted by the IRCG, the greater the probability of a helo not being available for a SAR tasking?

Comment

• Suppose it's a double edged sword - the more taskings that are accepted by the IRCG, the greater the probability of a helo not being available for a SAR tasking?
                              Its always a consideration, particularly if one machine within any given area is already on a task but Better to have a machine out actually saving a life then sitting around in case it 'might' save a life.
                              That said with the advent of the S92 fleet each base will be in a much better position to cover each others area 24/7 365. The primary advances being a 25% increase in speed, greater payload vs performance for carriage of additional fuel and perhaps the greatest asset will be the RIPS system which will allow direct IFR routings around the country even during the winter months providing much quicker transits to incidents then machines that would otherwise have to operate below the freezing level.

Comment

• Any truth in the rumour that a 139 ripped a pitch in Dublin being used as a landing site to s##t yesterday??
                                Although I have walked in the valley of the shadows of death I fear no evil...

Comment

Working...
                                X