Air Corps air ambulance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by DeV View Post
    My next time it will be a bigger heavier S61 / S92 that puts all these sites out of action!

Maybe the AC should refuse missions in further because there isn't a suitable pad!

Remember the uproar there was over the locked gate at the Army Sports Grounds in the Park and a "fence" caused a problem.
    Or explain to land owners that helicopters leave marks where they land... Simple.

Comment

• This site is one of four new landing sites approved by the IAA for HEMS operations close to Dublin hospitals. This pitch is the night landing site for nearby hospital. To be fair to the owners I heard it was more than just the standard wheel sinkage that wash left behind. Then maybe it could be an over reaction by the ground keeper..,
      Although I have walked in the valley of the shadows of death I fear no evil...

Comment

• Originally posted by SARMAN View Post
        This site is one of four new landing sites approved by the IAA for HEMS operations close to Dublin hospitals. This pitch is the night landing site for nearby hospital. To be fair to the owners I heard it was more than just the standard wheel sinkage that wash left behind. Then maybe it could be an over reaction by the ground keeper..,
        Could they be milking it? Or was it really damaged that badly?

Comment

• Originally posted by Meatbomb View Post
          Could they be milking it? Or was it really damaged that badly?
          Not sure, unless I see photos I don't know who to believe!!

Comment

• Would it cause more damage than a tractor? It isn't a frikkin putting green they land on..

Catch-22 says they have a right to do anything we can't stop them from doing.

Comment

• Poss damage done by amb crossing pitch to receive the punter.

Comment

• Hardly AC fault in fairness

Comment

• Agree if it was caused by Ambo.. But can someone not clarify what happened??

Comment

Agree if it was caused by Ambo.. But can someone not clarify what happened??
                    After saying the following, surely you knew everything already?

Originally posted by SARMAN View Post
                    Just heard this today and heard that the CG will no longer have the ability to use this site as a result. Allot of money was paid to get the site HEMS approved and now it has apparantly removed as an option due to a 139 putting a railway line on it..
                    Did you hear it from the same source that said the AC EC-135 air ambo service would have 2 pilots on each mission? Or the same source that said the damaged EC-135 was beyond repair? Or was it another?

Comment

• Originally posted by pym View Post
                      After saying the following, surely you knew everything already?

Did you hear it from the same source that said the AC EC-135 air ambo service would have 2 pilots on each mission? Or the same source that said the damaged EC-135 was beyond repair? Or was it another?
                      Actually heard it happened when a night time hems mission to the site had to be aborted and landed in Dublin airport instead.

Maybee the 135 operation would have been better as twin pilot or maybe not I am sure the crash report will cover that.

Oh sorry I forgot we are calling it a hard landing around here!! As for the 135 being beyond repair let's wait to see what the bill for re-build is vrs a new 135 is.
                      In fairness the aircorps would not be the first to do this. A major airline recently paid three times an aircraft new price tag to keep there hull loss record down.
                      Last edited by SARMAN; 10 February 2013, 00:48.

Comment

Actually heard it happened when a night time hems mission to the site had to be aborted and landed in Dublin airport instead.
                        If your referring to the trial landing site on Our Lady of Mercy College's soccer pitch in Beaumont Dublin it is operated during daylight only and not at night.
                        Last edited by Rhodes; 10 February 2013, 01:25. Reason: selling mistake

Comment

• Originally posted by Rhodes View Post
                          If your referring to the trail landing site on Our Lady of Mercy College's soccer pitch in Beaumont Dublin it is operated during daylight only and not at night.
                          Are we taking about the same sites as, these are iaa approved night hems sites I am talking about. Or am I wrong and thinking the air corps operate under iaa rules?

Comment

Are we taking about the same sites as, these are iaa approved night hems sites I am talking about. Or am I wrong and thinking the air corps operate under iaa rules?
                            Name the site your referring to.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rhodes View Post
                              If your referring to the trial landing site on Our Lady of Mercy College's soccer pitch in Beaumont Dublin it is operated during daylight only and not at night.
                              CG a/c can land there for SAR flights if the Patient is life at risk.

Comment

I didnt know we had night approved sites yet SM?

Comment

Working...
                                X