Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by paul g View Post
    1986, remember it well

Anytime somebody slags off PDFORRA show them this.
    The DoD just got rid of Family Accommodation - End of Problem (for DoD).

Comment

• Originally posted by Rooster View Post
      What year was this? Must be 1970's?
      Broadcasted on 11 March 1981.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rhodes View Post
        Broadcasted on 11 March 1981.
        there were other programmes at a later date, so i got confused (old age)

It got so bad that serving ranks wifes ran in the election in 1989, National Association of Army Spouses, and fared credibly in a couple of consticuencies

Comment

• Originally posted by Rhodes View Post
          "‘Today Tonight’ investigates the slum conditions in which army families are living at Griffith Square, Cathal Brugha Barracks, Dublin."

Genuinely had no idea conditions were so bad - they look almost slum like
          Then again, I was only 10 at the time...
          "Well, stone me! We've had cocaine, bribery and Arsenal scoring two goals at home. But just when you thought there were truly no surprises left in football, Vinnie Jones turns out to be an international player!" (Jimmy Greaves)!"

Comment

• It isn't bullshit that when the prison service took over Spike they declared the facilities unfit for human habitation. Yet the army had families living on that island in those conditions. My mother used to say when she thought the facilities for families in Haulbowline were bad she just looked at the conditions on Spike and was thankful.

Comment

• Photos ARW easter rising parade 2016

I hope this is the right section, if not please move the pictures to another thread.

I received these pictures by courtesy of Mr. Brian Dunlop, who took the photos for me and edited them for my school project!

Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_7322.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	119.0 KB
ID:	698057Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_7315.jpg
Size:	476.7 KB
ID:	698058Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_7314.jpg
Size:	131.8 KB
ID:	698059Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_7312.jpg
Size:	143.5 KB
ID:	698060Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_7313.jpg
Size:	130.5 KB
ID:	698061
              German citizen
              Student at Griffith College Dublin
              Served in the German Armed Forces
              Likes to sew kit for soldiers and law enforcement - Check my album here!

Comment

• Policing Irish Waters Against Poachers 1971

Comment

• A few familiar faces there. Good to see the Kilmore Quay attitude has not changed a jot in 40 years.
                  For now, everything hangs on implementation of the CoDF report.

Comment

• Anyone else get a "kettle & saucepan" moment?

Comment

• Not strictly archives but a fascinating glimpse back to when we actually had armour !

“The nation that will insist on drawing a broad line of demarcation between the fighting man and the thinking man is liable to find its fighting done by fools and its thinking done by cowards.”
                      ― Thucydides

Comment

• Covid 19 is not over ....it's still very real..Hand Hygiene, Social Distancing and Masks.. keep safe

Comment

• Covid 19 is not over ....it's still very real..Hand Hygiene, Social Distancing and Masks.. keep safe

Comment

• If only we had..........

If only we had a modern day version!

Comment

• linky no worky [edit, had to wait a bit, they DO work]
                              Last edited by morpheus; 1 July 2016, 09:30.
                              "He is an enemy officer taken in battle and entitled to fair treatment."
                              "No, sir. He's a sergeant, and they don't deserve no respect at all, sir. I should know. They're cunning and artful, if they're any good. I wouldn't mind if he was an officer, sir. But sergeants are clever."

Comment

• The young man at 3.39 to 4.20 is the recently retired Chief Justice John Murray currently the Chancellor of the University of Limerick!

Comment

Working...
                                X