R D F Service Medal & Dress Regs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• R D F Service Medal & Dress Regs

Nice to see the new R D F medal now on issue.

When have they started issuing them??
    Lock and load

Comment

Does it replace the FCA one?

Catch-22 says they have a right to do anything we can't stop them from doing.

Comment

I got it early 2011. Same front as the old medal, but has The Reserve Medal, RDF on the back.
        Cry "havoc!", and let slip the dogs of war!

Comment

Originally posted by Goldie fish View Post
          No Goldie

If you qualified for the old service medal within its lifespan, and were awarded same, then that's you

Anyone qualifying for same after 2011 gets the new one

Only difference as far as I know is the inscription has changed...
          "Well, stone me! We've had cocaine, bribery and Arsenal scoring two goals at home. But just when you thought there were truly no surprises left in football, Vinnie Jones turns out to be an international player!" (Jimmy Greaves)!"

Comment

See above attachment for new medal

Comment

Attachment not working
              Strategy without tactics is the slowest route to victory. Tactics without strategy is the noise before defeat.

Comment

I got mine earlier this year, yea its the same on the front I think just the back is changed to say RDF, can take pics and post em up if people want

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Tezza View Post
                  I got mine earlier this year, yea its the same on the front I think just the back is changed to say RDF, can take pics and post em up if people want
                  Yes please do, thanks, Connaught Stranger

Comment

Apologies folks, I'll try to post it again tomorrow.

Comment

Here's a link to my Album. Apologies about not being able to reduce the size, haven't figured it out yet -

Comment

Originally posted by Goldie fish View Post
                        how long did you have to do to get the FCA medal?
                        RGJ

...Once a Rifleman - Always a Rifleman... Celer et Audax

The Rifles

Comment

7 years. Then 12years for bar & new ribbon, then a second bar for 21 years....if I'm around that long. Think PDF Service medal is 10 year & 15 years acquires a bar?

Comment

Thanks for trying the picture is just far to big to make out any detail, on your computer, open the picture, right click on the picture, open Microsoft Picture Manager, Click on Edit pictures, click on resize, Predefined width, click on "Web Large" option, you can also then click on percentage of original option to futher reduce if need be, then Save As, this should help with sizing issues.

"
                            Originally posted by thedollar View Post
                            Here's a link to my Album. Apologies about not being able to reduce the size, haven't figured it out yet -

http://forum.irishmilitaryonline.com...achmentid=6476

Comment

Originally posted by thedollar View Post
                              7 years. Then 12years for bar & new ribbon, then a second bar for 21 years....if I'm around that long. Think PDF Service medal is 10 year & 15 years acquires a bar?
                              15 years is bar and new ribbon in PDF.
                              "Let us be clear about three facts. First, all battles and all wars are won in the end by the infantryman. Secondly, the infantryman always bears the brunt. His casualties are heavier, he suffers greater extremes of discomfort and fatigue than the other arms. Thirdly, the art of the infantryman is less stereotyped and far harder to acquire in modern war than that of any other arm." ------- Field Marshall Wavell, April 1945.

Comment

Working...
                              X