No announcement yet.

Cambrian Patrol

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Arduous Serpent is back on the w/end 6-8 June 2014.

Comment

• Originally posted by DeV View Post
      When on FTT, I saw those guys rehearsing their counter ambush drills. I recall thinking they were very slick, and very technical. Had no idea they were prepping for the Cambrian Patrol. Well done to the 27Bn for yet another fine display of field soldiering!

Comment

• Stay alert in the coming years for the Canadian Patrol Concentration (CPC); the first (trial) serial was held this year in Wainwright, Alberta. The trial was done with section-sized teams, but the intent is for platoon-sized fighting patrols.

The concentration wil be held annually, in different locations: mountains, arctic, plains, woodland.

Here are a few pics from the trial this year:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/canadia...ream/lightbox/
        Last edited by Jungle; 5 December 2013, 10:39.
        "On the plains of hesitation, bleach the bones of countless millions, who on the very dawn of victory, laid down to rest, and in resting died.

Never give up!!"

Comment

• Originally posted by Jungle View Post
          Stay alert in the coming years for the Canadian Patrol Competition (CPC); the first (trial) serial was held this year in Wainwright, Alberta. The trial was done with section-sized teams, but the intent is for platoon-sized fighting patrols.

The concentration wil be held annually, in different locations: mountains, arctic, plains, woodland.

Here are a few pics from the trial this year:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/canadia...ream/lightbox/

if the frost doesn't bite you - the mozzies will!

trust me - i know.

sounds good Jungle, should be easy for us to enter when it goes live.
          RGJ

...Once a Rifleman - Always a Rifleman... Celer et Audax

The Rifles

Comment

The concentration wil be held annually, in different locations: mountains, arctic, plains, woodland....
            ooh, looks like a superb opportunity for a jolly, err... i mean a challenging training opportunity that reforges blah blah blah...

please, not in bug season. something coolish, but not telephone-number-cold, and in the mountains would be great. a nice long patrolling ex would be very good news - say about a 2 weeker with a hels resup, and no bugs. did i mention no bugs?

Comment

• Guys, rest assured; you either get the deep freeze or the mozzies... there is no in-between here.
              "On the plains of hesitation, bleach the bones of countless millions, who on the very dawn of victory, laid down to rest, and in resting died.

Never give up!!"

Comment

Guys, rest assured; you either get the deep freeze or the mozzies... there is no in-between here.
                deep freeze then - the mozzies at BATUS were so bad i seriously considered leaving the Army, even failing a CDT so i could get away.

Kenya has less bugs - fcuking Basra has less bugs!

Comment

Guys, rest assured; you either get the deep freeze or the mozzies... there is no in-between here.
                  having spent a 6 month winter tour in BATUS in Medicine Hat (some of that with Knocker) and completed four Ex POND JUMP WEST's in Wainwright - i know all too well about the extremes the Canadian nature is willing to throw at us!

i've seen men casevaced because of those damn mozzies, and sitting in a shell scrape in -37C is no fun either.

summer or winter - that will be one tough competition Jungle, especially if it takes place in the Rockies.
                  RGJ

...Once a Rifleman - Always a Rifleman... Celer et Audax

The Rifles

Comment

• There are 2 irish on the Canadian Reconnaissance Course at the moment.

Comment

• Originally posted by fiannoglach View Post
                      There are 2 irish on the Canadian Reconnaissance Course at the moment.
                      Interesting... are they on an Infantry recce course ? (the Armoured Corps also run a recce course)

We run 2 levels of the (Infantry) Reconnaissance Patrolman course: Basic and Advanced. The Advanced course is run at the Infantry School in Gagetown, while the Basic is run by Infantry Battalions.

I'm curious to hear what they have to say about their experience; do you know which course they are on ?

Never give up!!"

Comment

Interesting... are they on an Infantry recce course ? (the Armoured Corps also run a recce course)

We run 2 levels of the (Infantry) Reconnaissance Patrolman course: Basic and Advanced. The Advanced course is run at the Infantry School in Gagetown, while the Basic is run by Infantry Battalions.

I'm curious to hear what they have to say about their experience; do you know which course they are on ?
                        They're on the Advanced Course.

I'd imagine a write up in An Cosantoir will follow at some stage.

Comment

• We seem to be getting closer links with the Canadian military, any particular reason?

It's not a bad thing but I would have taught the DF would be trying to get closer to EU countries

Comment

• Originally posted by DeV View Post
                            We seem to be getting closer links with the Canadian military, any particular reason?

It's not a bad thing but I would have taught the DF would be trying to get closer to EU countries
                            Canada is just one of the many countries the DF has sent people too on courses, and they have sent people to Ireland on courses. The same is done with many EU nations and the US. There has been pilots sent on the US air force SERE course in the New Mexico desert and others on courses at US bases in Germany.

Comment

• Heard a great story from the Navy about either VIPs or media visiting a ship with Canadian Officers on secondment training on board. One genius asked an officer why he had a badge with Canada on his uniform......."because I'm Canadian" came the dead pan reply

Comment

• Possibly to do with the fact they are geographically, our nearest neighbour to the west. Plus, they speak English, (some even with a mutated Irish accent).

Catch-22 says they have a right to do anything we can't stop them from doing.

Comment

Working...
                                X