Cambrian Patrol

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bravo20 View Post
    The problem will be getting permission. The cost won't really come into play.

It would when DOD got to hear about it!

Comment

I dunno, if the PDF are able to send teams to the States for shooting competitions, then I cant see why the RDF would be barred from this activity. Cost isn't really the issue, it's the politics that we need to get around, which is the problem

Comment

Originally posted by SwiftandSure View Post
        I dunno, if the PDF are able to send teams to the States for shooting competitions, then I cant see why the RDF would be barred from this activity. Cost isn't really the issue, it's the politics that we need to get around, which is the problem
        military competition in Wales.

what politics?
        RGJ

...Once a Rifleman - Always a Rifleman... Celer et Audax

The Rifles

Comment

RGJ, the RDF would be taking a gamble committing to the Cambrian patrol. Occasions would be rare whereby the RDF are stood among their foreign counterparts. So we generally only have ourselves and the PDF to compare against in terms of standards. So were we to go to Wales and be found wanting, it would be a huge embarrassment for whoever authorised it. So in order to avoid embarrassment, build up training would have to be authorised as well, meaning more cap in hand work.
          Lastly, I would imagine there are parties within the MA who wouldn't like an RDF proving themselves among equals on the world stage, for fear that it might show that the RDF can be useful.

I'd rather we try and fail, than never try at all. Because failure in itself is a useful experience.

But again, I'm sure with the right man at the helm, we can put together a strong team, and do well.
          Last edited by SwiftandSure; 5 February 2012, 12:17.

Comment

RGJ, the RDF would be taking a gamble committing to the Cambrian patrol. Occasions would be rare whereby the RDF are stood among their foreign counterparts. So we generally only have ourselves and the PDF to compare against in terms of standards. So were we to go to Wales and be found wanting, it would be a huge embarrassment for whoever authorised it. So in order to avoid embarrassment, build up training would have to be authorised as well, meaning more cap in hand work.
            Lastly, I would imagine there are parties within the MA who wouldn't like an RDF proving themselves among equals on the world stage, for fear that it might show that the RDF can be useful.
            i have faith in men like you in th RDF.

i was one of them once.
            RGJ

The Rifles

Comment

I understand the debating going back and forth regards cost, permission and would an RDF team be capable but for f**ks sake lads if a team got their act together, regardless if they are dumb as f**k theres nothing stopping them looking for permission and trying. They go, fail horribly but they would at least learn something.

Theres three possible ways it could pan out;

1) They are refused permission.
              2) Allowed but must pay their way.
              3) They get the full go ahead.

Its that simple

Thats the problem with the RDF, full of nay sayers!

Comment

Originally posted by Bravo20 View Post
                The problem will be getting permission. The cost won't really come into play.
                Exactly.

I tried get a team over last year. Had all the kit boxed off, training programme boxed off, team boxed off etc. and RGJ sorted everything out over his side. Had the full support of my CoC.

The request went up the line and got shot down.

The problem is, IMO, the requests have to get past staff Officers. Most of whom, aren't exactly "Army barmy" minded.

Comment

Let the PDF break the ice and send a team, the reserve could then submit a team based on the fact the PDF had.

Weapons all that...not a problem..we send sniper teams and special forces teams abroad every year for related competitions, why not this one?

We even had an FCA officer who organised his own team to go to a motorcycle event some years in the UK...in uniform and dragged a PDF officer along...and all in uniform with no permission.

Would have all been shot at dawn had they not won the bloody thing which made it very difficult for the authourities to take action.
                  Covid 19 is not over ....it's still very real..Hand Hygiene, Social Distancing and Masks.. keep safe

Comment

Originally posted by Hello Alaska View Post
                    Exactly.

I tried get a team over last year. Had all the kit boxed off, training programme boxed off, team boxed off etc. and RGJ sorted everything out over his side. Had the full support of my CoC.

The request went up the line and got shot down.

The problem is, IMO, the requests have to get past staff Officers. Most of whom, aren't exactly "Army barmy" minded.
                    HA - if you get to that stage again your end then let me know - and i will get in touch with the OpsO of 1RIR and see if he is still wilco.

good luck mate - i really would love to see you and your men set a precedence here - regardless of the end result - just get on it and enjoy yourselves, and come back for more.
                    RGJ

The Rifles

Comment

My DS from phase 1 training won the Cambrian Patrol this year I think. I'm deffo entering next year. I'll endevour to do anything to help the DF come over!

Comment

I just thought, what if the DF ran it's own version of the CP? Could be run by a school/BTC. 3 days all in the Glen area?

Comment

I might be up for trying to put a team together, the 26-28 October block; need to make a few calls to scope out the lay of the land ( never ask if you know it'll get turned down )
                          "Are they trying to shoot down the other drone? "

"No, they're trying to fly the tank"

Comment

Originally posted by trellheim View Post
                            I might be up for trying to put a team together, the 26-28 October block; need to make a few calls to scope out the lay of the land ( never ask if you know it'll get turned down )
                            If you have any questions in terms of how I went about it and the subsequent trouble I ran into last year, shoot me a PM.

Comment

HA, clear your inbox. Cheers.

Comment

HA, clear your inbox. Cheers.
                                Fire away mate.

Comment

Working...
                                X