No announcement yet.

Cambrian Patrol

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

looking for similiar info! I was interested in this last year but given the trouble we had just asking about getting a team over for the BA's commando speed march in speen bridge, in DPMs, im worried its a waste of time.
    "He is an enemy officer taken in battle and entitled to fair treatment."
    "No, sir. He's a sergeant, and they don't deserve no respect at all, sir. I should know. They're cunning and artful, if they're any good. I wouldn't mind if he was an officer, sir. But sergeants are clever."

Comment

Its too late this year for my unit to field a team , however plans are afoot to get willing bods ( and some unwilling ) plus a pool of reserves to enter the patrol.

Comment

i'll see about sponsoring a team for CP Oct 2013 when i get back (but if RGJ has still got OpsO IRIR stitched up you'd be better going to him, he's local, me - not so much...) - but i warn you, the Air Cadets got a bronze, so if you don't beat that...

Comment

This would be so much more than a bloody jolly for the RDF. It would finally be a chance to prove itself nationally. The cost is feck all but, as others have said it, and the senior O's (above CO level) will be the biggest problems!

"what?! The fca? What do they want to go abroad for? No no no no, they'll just embarrass us! Tell the LDF to go back to where they came from and let the real soldiers do the work. God help us, a few capable fcaers?! What is the world coming to?!"
          I knew a simple soldier boy.....
          Who grinned at life in empty joy,
          Slept soundly through the lonesome dark,
          And whistled early with the lark.

In winter trenches, cowed and glum,
          With crumps and lice and lack of rum,
          He put a bullet through his brain.
          And no one spoke of him again.

You smug-faced crowds with kindling eye
          Who cheer when soldier lads march by,
          Sneak home and pray you'll never know
          The hell where youth and laughter go.

Comment

Also, reading the latest An Cos, there was a medical exercise in England (Arduous Serpent) recently and a team from the DF was over...

Comment

I can get a particular "unit" to go over, so long as they promise to place black strips over the members eyes in the photos... they will wear green berets but wont be rangers

What the CO doesnt know......
              "No, sir. He's a sergeant, and they don't deserve no respect at all, sir. I should know. They're cunning and artful, if they're any good. I wouldn't mind if he was an officer, sir. But sergeants are clever."

Comment

Originally posted by morpheus View Post
                I can get a particular "unit" to go over, so long as they promise to place black strips over the members eyes in the photos... they will wear green berets but wont be rangers

What the CO doesnt know......
                Doesn't the competition require evidence of permission!

Comment

Damnit... foiled again.

Comment

Originally posted by Buck View Post
                    Also, reading the latest An Cos, there was a medical exercise in England (Arduous Serpent) recently and a team from the DF was over...

Is there a link to that story anywhere.

Comment

Originally posted by rod and serpent View Post
                      Reading the name of the ex I thought your crowd might be involved ;-) unless you have an An Cosantor subscription, you can view online or if someone wants to scan it for you (i cant mate, sorry), I'm not sure if you can get it otherwise...

Comment

Has anyone actually applied and been turned down our are we just assuming someone will say no?

Comment

RDF unit seniors usually scrap it somewhere along the line, either to avoid paperwork or because they probably assume the risks involved in sending over a bunch of RDF in uniform will be a village razed to the ground in a drunken rampage the night after the patrol.
                          Last edited by morpheus; 3 October 2012, 18:03.

Comment

Originally posted by Bravo20 View Post
                            Has anyone actually applied and been turned down our are we just assuming someone will say no?
                            Yes
                            "The Question is not: how far you will take this? The Question is do you possess the constitution to go as far as is needed?"

Comment

Said RDF personnel would need to be trained in aircraft & vehicle recognition, C-IED drills, media handling and radio comms by the way

Comment

Originally posted by rod and serpent View Post
                                October's issue of An Cosantoir.... wait and I might be able to put it up....
                                "Well, stone me! We've had cocaine, bribery and Arsenal scoring two goals at home. But just when you thought there were truly no surprises left in football, Vinnie Jones turns out to be an international player!" (Jimmy Greaves)!"

Comment

Working...
                                X