No announcement yet.

New Generals?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thats why they keep its top commanders in boxes.
    It is only by contemplation of the incompetent that we can appreciate the difficulties and accomplishments of the competent.

Comment

• Control

Originally posted by Bam Bam View Post
      Thats why they keep its top commanders in boxes.
      It is also why our need for all round operational capability is sporadic and fragmented. The Defence Budget should contain annually a sum available to Defence Uniformed Staff to plug holes in the Combat Networks both on Land , Sea, and Air. There are needs in Combat Network Radio, Missile attack and Defence systems, Air Intercept, Ground Support, Medical evacuation,Medium to long Range responses, Top Combat Air patrols, all required both on land and in the Marine environment. Singular demonstrations have no Defence in Depth and are a restricted knowledge base.

Comment

• Cork City Council held a civic reception earlier this week for Commodore Hugh Tully to celebrate the service he has provided to the state and his imminent retirement.

New FOCNS to be from wrong side of the base for the first time in the history of the NS.
        For now, everything hangs on implementation of the CoDF report.

Comment

• Not really a bad thing having someone coming from the trades.
          It's only recent years that the FOCNS even began their career in the Naval Sevice. I remember Cmdre Tully (rtd) as a Lt. Many years ago. In the next few years the FOCNS will be some one!I didn't serve with!!!
          Covid 19 is not over ....it's still very real..Hand Hygiene, Social Distancing and Masks.. keep safe

Comment

• Originally posted by hptmurphy View Post
            Not really a bad thing having someone coming from the trades.
            It's only recent years that the FOCNS even began their career in the Naval Sevice. I remember Cmdre Tully (rtd) as a Lt. Many years ago. In the next few years the FOCNS will be some one!I didn't serve with!!!
            Has been very low key but the new FOCNS Commodore Michael Malone took up his post on 26th December.

Congrats to him on making history as the first Engineer to become FOCNS.

Comment

• I never thought I'd see the day.
              A fantastic coup for the wrong side of the base. A very able operator, will be interesting to see what mark he leaves on the service. I understand already some of his opinions are unpopular with the NS, and would not be popular amongst many here also. Time will tell.
              I believe already the Exec branch are wondering who will still be about to replace him when he inevitably retires.

Does anyone else think he bears a strong resemblance to one of the mod team?

Comment

• Originally posted by A/TEL View Post
                Has been very low key but the new FOCNS Commodore Michael Malone took up his post on 26th December.

Congrats to him on making history as the first Engineer to become FOCNS.

Click image for larger version

Name:	86810dc072.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	26.0 KB
ID:	698190
                Attached Files

Comment

• Originally posted by na grohmití View Post
                  I never thought I'd see the day.
                  A fantastic coup for the wrong side of the base. A very able operator, will be interesting to see what mark he leaves on the service. I understand already some of his opinions are unpopular with the NS, and would not be popular amongst many here also. Time will tell.
                  I believe already the Exec branch are wondering who will still be about to replace him when he inevitably retires.

Does anyone else think he bears a strong resemblance to one of the mod team?
                  What type of opinions NG.

Is it NS to shower at least monthly,

No more saying aaaar and shiver me timbers
                  Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold;
                  Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world,
                  The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere***
                  The ceremony of innocence is drowned;
                  The best lack all conviction, while the worst
                  Are full of passionate intensity.

Comment

• Monthly? The army made you soft.

Comment

• Cmdre Malone is a graduate of the 25th cadet class from 1981 and interestingly is the only one of that class both Exec and Engineering branch still serving .

But he is not the officer with the highest service with at least two if not four exec branch officers senior in service still serving.. but one of them is a muppet!

i served with him on Eithne , where he was the understudy electrical officer, quite an approachable guy, I offer my best wishes to the new FOCNS
                      Covid 19 is not over ....it's still very real..Hand Hygiene, Social Distancing and Masks.. keep safe

Comment

• you would have been in the service with him though..he is engine room not electrical...
                        Last edited by golden rivet; 14 January 2018, 19:42.

Comment

• Another general gets a DSM.

Comment

• Well deserved. Very distinguished career.

Comment

• Originally posted by na grohmit� View Post

Another general gets a DSM.
                              Yep. Saw the photo on the front of the Indo today. Presuming this is Maj Gen Beary's swansong from the DF, with the ending of his term as FC UNIFIL?
                              "Well, stone me! We've had cocaine, bribery and Arsenal scoring two goals at home. But just when you thought there were truly no surprises left in football, Vinnie Jones turns out to be an international player!" (Jimmy Greaves)!"

Comment

• Originally posted by Fantasia View Post
                                Well deserved. Very distinguished career.
                                No... he got paid every week to do his job and promoted on his ability!

Another devaluation of the medal...
                                Last edited by hptmurphy; 5 September 2018, 17:23.

Comment

Working...
                                X