New Generals?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by A/TEL View Post
    Any news on DCOS SP interviews?. Are they going to fill it before years end?
    Commodore Mark Mellett is the new D COS Sp.

Comment

Originally posted by kermit
      Is he now an Admiral so?
      As it stands he will be Major General but id guess they will make up a new Rear Admiral rank.

Comment

Originally posted by Rhodes View Post
        Commodore Mark Mellett is the new D COS Sp.
        Always liked the chap and I always was jealous of how good an Officer the Navy had with him. He is one of those people that can only do tremodous stuff-the DF now has got an amazing Officer as DCOS Sp-

Though I wish he is the one that serves the least time as DCOS and becomes COS in the very very near future-
        Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold;
        Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world,
        The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere***
        The ceremony of innocence is drowned;
        The best lack all conviction, while the worst
        Are full of passionate intensity.

Comment

where was news broken abour new D/COS

Comment

I got a call from the Minister earlier today.
            Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold;
            Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world,
            The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere***
            The ceremony of innocence is drowned;
            The best lack all conviction, while the worst
            Are full of passionate intensity.

Comment

DOD Website
              No Beast so fell that knows no pity,
              No Beast am I, For I know no pity...

Comment

Originally posted by goc132 View Post
                where was news broken abour new D/COS
                In the Dail.

Comment

this is fantastic news. As soon as he made commodore there was an exit of dead weight from haulbowline. He is a personable man who treats those under his command as people not numbers, but expects everyone to work to his high standards too. He will be fantastic for the defence forces, however his promotion will leave a gap at naval hq that will now be hard to match.
                  god help the army though :-)

Catch-22 says they have a right to do anything we can't stop them from doing.

Comment

Originally posted by Goldie fish View Post
                    this is fantastic news. As soon as he made commodore there was an exit of dead weight from haulbowline. He is a personable man who treats those under his command as people not numbers, but expects everyone to work to his high standards too. He will be fantastic for the defence forces, however his promotion will leave a gap at naval hq that will now be hard to match.
                    god help the army though :-)
                    People speak about him the same way people spoke about Lt Gen Earley.

Encouraging stuff.

Comment

• Originally posted by hedgehog View Post
                      I got a call from the Minister earlier today.
                      LOL looking for your approval before announcing the appointment.

Comment

• Any others of a similar calibre to Mellett and Early coming through?
                        "Gentlemen, you can’t fight in here...this is the War Room!"

Comment

• Excellent news, hopefully he can progress the rest of the DF like he has done with the NS!

Originally posted by Rhodes View Post
                          As it stands he will be Major General but id guess they will make up a new Rear Admiral rank.
                          The Defence Acts (Second Schedule) allow for the rank of
                          Seach-Aimiréal or (in English) Rear-Admiral
                          but to the best of my knowledge it has never been used (it is the naval equivalent of Major-General).

Comment

• Any others of a similar calibre to Mellett and Early coming through?
                            One or two a few ranks back in the NS, but plenty of time yet.
                            Covid 19 is not over ....it's still very real..Hand Hygiene, Social Distancing and Masks.. keep safe

Comment

• Originally posted by DeV View Post
                              The Defence Acts (Second Schedule) allow for the rank of

but to the best of my knowledge it has never been used (it is the naval equivalent of Major-General).
                              Earlier this year the MfD listed Major General and Lieutenant General as Naval Service ranks, no mention of a Rear Admiral rank.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rhodes View Post
                                Earlier this year the MfD listed Major General and Lieutenant General as Naval Service ranks, no mention of a Rear Admiral rank.
                                http://oireachtasdebates.oireachtas....ment#WRCC03300
                                As a solicitor maybe he should read the Acts!

There are no AC ranks

Comment

Working...
                                X