New Generals?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comment

• No better candidate, and he won't have to deal with the mandarins in DoD any more.
      Will he become Admiral(OF9), given that he would replace a full general?
      Who would be a likely replacement?
      For now, everything hangs on implementation of the CoDF report.

Comment

• People were only discussing this at my location last week. So the Senator that wanted to make an amendment to the defence act to allow for a full admiral so as not to have to do this again in a few years may be proved right.

Edit just checked the suggested amendments and both Sean O'Fearghail and Dennis Naughton recommended including a rank of admiral, they also sought to bring the Air Corps ranks in line. Yet still we decided not to think ahead.
        Last edited by Bravo20; 19 September 2017, 21:12.

Comment

• Originally posted by na grohmití View Post
          No better candidate, and he won't have to deal with the mandarins in DoD any more.
          Will he become Admiral(OF9), given that he would replace a full general?
          Who would be a likely replacement?
          No doubt the wearers of the green will be delighted to support his nominate to reclaim their rightful seat at the top of the table.

Would probably depend on how long the job is for as again if promoted he can't return to his current job as he'd out rank the CoS.
          Covid 19 is not over ....it's still very real..Hand Hygiene, Social Distancing and Masks.. keep safe

Comment

• Originally posted by hptmurphy View Post
            No doubt the wearers of the green will be delighted to support his nominate to reclaim their rightful seat at the top of the table.

Would probably depend on how long the job is for as again if promoted he can't return to his current job as he'd out rank the CoS.
            The position is for 3 years according to what I read in the Irish Times
            Edit: just realised the link above is the article I read
            Last edited by Truck Driver; 19 September 2017, 22:50.
            "Well, stone me! We've had cocaine, bribery and Arsenal scoring two goals at home. But just when you thought there were truly no surprises left in football, Vinnie Jones turns out to be an international player!" (Jimmy Greaves)!"

Comment

• Time for an infantry COS to make infantry great again ;-)
              Everyone who's ever loved you was wrong.

Comment

• Originally posted by The real Jack View Post
                Time for an infantry COS to make infantry great again ;-)
                perhaps time for an Inf COS to halve the size of the infantry - give the PID's and funding to Logs, Artillery, CIS and Armour/Mobilty so they actually put 3 Inf Bn's into the field rather than one...

Comment

• Originally posted by ropebag View Post
                  perhaps time for an Inf COS to halve the size of the infantry - give the PID's and funding to Logs, Artillery, CIS and Armour/Mobilty so they actually put 3 Inf Bn's into the field rather than one...
                  Heresy.

Comment

• Gen Beary for next CoS?? How long is his appt with UNIFIL and what's his retirement age in his current rank?
                    "Let us be clear about three facts. First, all battles and all wars are won in the end by the infantryman. Secondly, the infantryman always bears the brunt. His casualties are heavier, he suffers greater extremes of discomfort and fatigue than the other arms. Thirdly, the art of the infantryman is less stereotyped and far harder to acquire in modern war than that of any other arm." ------- Field Marshall Wavell, April 1945.

Comment

• Retirement age is 62 for Lt Gen I think

Comment

• didnt we talk about that - its stand down and gone for Mick B when it comes if he doesn't get COS ..>Although I can think of no-one better first one since DE I trust completely
                        "Are they trying to shoot down the other drone? "

"No, they're trying to fly the tank"

Comment

• You don't want an old CoS, counting down to retirement. You want someone there for at least 5 years if possible. MM Had the andvantage that not all have in being DCOS for a considerable period beforehand, and his retirement age was and still is far off..
                          For now, everything hangs on implementation of the CoDF report.

Comment

• Although I can think of no-one better first one since DE I trust completely
                            Absolutely misplaced in the man mentioned. Once promoted the game changes and they become political pawns as opposed to having in depth loyalty to the branch or units they came from.

Early was prepared to sacrifice the reserve to maintain a three brigade structure.
                            Covid 19 is not over ....it's still very real..Hand Hygiene, Social Distancing and Masks.. keep safe

Comment

• Well if I thought I could choose between having 2000 full time troops or 8000 (really 4000) limited part time troops I would sacrafice the reserve in the morning

Comment

Working...
                              X