New Generals?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Id reckon we will.

However the Defence Act will have to be amended to allow for this.

Im sure Mr Coveney will sign off on it!!!

Comment

• well it can be done see http://www.irishstatutebook.ie/1979/...1/sec0004.html
      "Are they trying to shoot down the other drone? "

"No, they're trying to fly the tank"

Comment

• Everybody seems to be taking it for granted that he will be it is just up for debate what colour uniform he will wear.

Comment

• He would be the best qualified for the job, but not necessarily the only applicant.
          For now, everything hangs on implementation of the CoDF report.

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	n1382.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	38.1 KB
ID:	697984
            Last edited by ODIN; 17 June 2015, 19:35.
            What are you cackling at, fatty? Too much pie, that's your problem.

Comment

• Originally posted by ODIN View Post

[ATTACH]7998[/ATTACH]

I think its time to follow the New Zealand Model.

CA - Chief Of Army (Maj Gen)
              CN - Chief Of Navy (RAdm)
              CAF - Chief of Air Force (Maj Gen)

Put all services on a level playing field

Then your General Staff is 1 DCOS (Maj Gen or RAdm) and COS (Lt Gen or VAdm)

Comment

• Why would you have a Rear Admiral and a Maj Gen as head of the NS and AC, they have less then 1000 personnel each

Comment

• Originally posted by DeV View Post
                  Why would you have a Rear Admiral and a Maj Gen as head of the NS and AC, they have less then 1000 personnel each

NS has establishment of over 1000.

AC yes are under 1000 personnel.

After white paper may be a different story....

Comment

• New Zealand has a different has a different defence forces structure than we do. The different services are more equal in size. IMHO there is an argument that we should be structured more along the lines of the NZ model but that would take about 10+ years to implement.

And a topic for a DIFFERENT THREAD

Comment

• Originally posted by Bravo20 View Post
                      New Zealand has a different has a different defence forces structure than we do. The different services are more equal in size. IMHO there is an argument that we should be structured more along the lines of the NZ model but that would take about 10+ years to implement.

And a topic for a DIFFERENT THREAD
                      You broached the subject!!!!

Back on topic, who is the favourite for DCOS Sp if the RAdm gets promoted?.

GOC AC?
                      GOC 2 Bde?

Comment

• GOC AC Surely. A very popular guy, with plenty of media savvy.

Comment

• A little quirk in the rules mean that Cols can apply for the DCOS job

Comment

• A recent change, to pacify RACO, I believe.

Comment

• Been there for some years now!

Comment

• In September the COS job becomes available. This creates the consequent DCOS vacancy. I am not sure but I have a suspicion that there may be no 'One Stars' qualified for promotion to DCOS by then as they will either have too little time in the current rank or insufficient time in the next rank if promoted. I don't think GOC AC has the time remaining, same for GOC 2Bde and ACOS retires in the new year. Who's left? Is the Flag eligible? I don't know but I didn't think so otherwise he would have been in this recent competition. The irony of this is that the Cols who are EO's for the previously mentioned Brig Gens are eligible even though their bosses aren't since they have the time to serve in the DCOS rank even though some of them don't have sufficient time remaining for promotion to Brig Gen (DCOS accrues 1 extra year's service). A change to the competition rules may be necessary. It is of course possible that there is no minimum service in the rank of Brig Gen for eligibility for promotion.

This is also why this recent promotion was so important for the Army. It effectively ensures that the next DCOS also has to be green, thereby making it fairly cast iron that the next COS after M. Mellet will be green, and normal service can resume.
                                Last edited by Tenet; 19 June 2015, 01:55.

Comment

Working...
                                X