No announcement yet.

New Generals?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The GS have AGSI to fight that cause, There is no similar org for the DF NCOs.

Catch-22 says they have a right to do anything we can't stop them from doing.

Comment

Originally posted by Goldie fish View Post
      GOC South.
      Jaysus, he wasn't long in the role !
      "Well, stone me! We've had cocaine, bribery and Arsenal scoring two goals at home. But just when you thought there were truly no surprises left in football, Vinnie Jones turns out to be an international player!" (Jimmy Greaves)!"

Comment

In fairness he has been there about 5 years now

Comment

Originally posted by Bravo20 View Post
          In fairness he has been there about 5 years now
          Really ??! Don't think so. Padraig O'Callaghan did a short spell there, before going to GOC West

Pat Hayes succeeded him

And I'm sure the present guy succeeded HIM

Didn't think it was five years ago, though
          Last edited by Truck Driver; 14 February 2012, 17:31.
          "Well, stone me! We've had cocaine, bribery and Arsenal scoring two goals at home. But just when you thought there were truly no surprises left in football, Vinnie Jones turns out to be an international player!" (Jimmy Greaves)!"

Comment

My bad he took up the role in Ocotber 09 [It just seems like he was there longer ]
            The Defence Forces Information Office is responsible for providing accurate and timely information to members of the general public as well as serving and past members of the Defence Forces.

Comment

My bad he took up the role in Ocotber 09 [It just seems like he was there longer ]
              http://www.military.ie/info-centre/g...rs/goc-1-s-bde
              I take it he has retired.

Not a very popular guy here in Clonmel after the way in which the Barracks closure was handled while he was at a football match!
              Covid 19 is not over ....it's still very real..Hand Hygiene, Social Distancing and Masks.. keep safe

Comment

He was actually on his pre-retirement course and went to the match in the evening. But yah wrong place at the wrong time

Comment

Obviously he passed the course if he was allowed to retire!

hew as still O/C Sth Brigade it was his responsibilty to make sure the information was presented in a forthright fashion, it wasn't, they learned of it through the media, he failed those under his command.
                  Covid 19 is not over ....it's still very real..Hand Hygiene, Social Distancing and Masks.. keep safe

Comment

Not the first time either, I had the dubious pleasure of working under his command a number of years ago, very much 'in the club with the boys' - he is a very intelligent man who has excelled in an academic sense within the organization, but as for man management he is an absolute gimp....

Comment

What is the retirement age for generals?

Comment

Good point, he may only have two years in the job.

Comment

We need new generals as badly as the wing needs concert accordianists.

While cpls are doing the work of sgts and cs's and sgts are doing the work of bsm's

Surely a few lt cols or cols could fill the role of goc.
                          Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold;
                          Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world,
                          The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere***
                          The ceremony of innocence is drowned;
                          The best lack all conviction, while the worst
                          Are full of passionate intensity.

Comment

Originally posted by hedgehog View Post
                            We need new generals as badly as the wing needs concert accordianists.

While cpls are doing the work of sgts and cs's and sgts are doing the work of bsm's

Surely a few lt cols or cols could fill the role of goc.
                            With the impending 3-2 Bde re org, it's quite possible that the Bde GOC will become a Bde OC position, i.e; the position will
                            lead to a drop in rank to hold the position

Comment

Originally posted by Truck Driver View Post
                              With the impending 3-2 Bde re org, it's quite possible that the Bde GOC will become a Bde OC position, i.e; the position will
                              lead to a drop in rank to hold the position
                              I bet you won't see any drop in general numbers until after the 2 brigade formation is approved.
                              Turkeys don't vote for christmas.

Comment

Originally posted by Goldie fish View Post
                                I bet you won't see any drop in general numbers until after the 2 brigade formation is approved.
                                Turkeys don't vote for christmas.
                                Quite possibly

Comment

Working...
                                X