Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Selling Old PLCE?

Hi Folks,
    Finally after finding a lot of old PLCE(after moving house twice where everything ended up in unmarked boxes) which now, given my happy civilian status is surplus to requirements, and taking up space.

I'm wondering what is the best way to go about flogging it for best return..ie most cash!. Assemble it all and sell complete kit, or divide it into CEMO/CEFO etc? Does anyone in the RDF still use their own PLCE or is it best to go after the airsofters?

Also, what is the going rate for OG British issue PLCE?
    Contents are:
    Web belt
    Yoke
    2x ammo pouches(ambidexterous)
    Small utility pouch(same size as irish respirator pouch)
    Water Bottle Pouch (bottle included with mug)
    Large respirator pouch

PLCE Backpach(british OG pattern)
    2x zip off pockets combined with yoke 2 to make daysack.
    BA helmet & Cover.
    All above in good condition. Not new, but used and kept tidy. All zips and fasteners in place except for one of the side pocket clips, however it is held securely with the others. For some reason, when zipped to backpack, the pockets hang upside down. ?

Irish DPM pattern Chest rig(from Protac)-used once. Paid €90 in 2006

I have to say that I'm not keen on donating it to charity, so I won't embarass anyone here by offering it to them. I'm thinkin €150 for the PLCE backpack and CEFO.
    I'll throw in the chest rig and helmet for €100
    So how best to sell it to make most money?

Catch-22 says they have a right to do anything we can't stop them from doing.

Any pics of it might help sell it here! Some RDF units dont allow Chest rigs/battlevests to be used so im sure some lads would be interested in owning their own PLCE! You could try ebay but PLCE is pretty common on it at the moment!
    Train Hard Fight Easy!!!!

Comment

Ebay use the word Irish......and it;ll get what you want for it in days,
      Covid 19 is not over ....it's still very real..Hand Hygiene, Social Distancing and Masks.. keep safe

Comment

Photos of PLCE Backpack, Side Pocket day sack and CEFO.

SDC12782 by seamuscor, on Flickr

Comment

Originally posted by Celtic-Warrior View Post
          Any pics of it might help sell it here! Some RDF units dont allow Chest rigs/battlevests to be used so im sure some lads would be interested in owning their own PLCE! You could try ebay but PLCE is pretty common on it at the moment!
          We have been informed by our PDF Cadre that the use of non issued PLCE is not allowed...
          Squad look this way, i will give a full and complete demonstration on how to post.
          Type 1-2-3-4 fact check and POST

Cryos

Comment

Any pics of chest rig and helmet?

Comment

Originally posted by Cryos View Post
              We have been informed by our PDF Cadre that the use of non issued PLCE is not allowed...

Are you being issued your own PLCE then?

Comment

Is that because people were turning up with webbing that looks like PLCE but isn't? Or Desert camo PLCE, made up according to their own needs?

Comment

Originally posted by Vamp369 View Post
                  Any pics of chest rig and helmet?
                  No.
                  Not a priority at present. It is the same as every other BA helmet.

Comment

Sounds like a bit of Charlie-Yankee-Alpha going on there...
                    "Well, stone me! We've had cocaine, bribery and Arsenal scoring two goals at home. But just when you thought there were truly no surprises left in football, Vinnie Jones turns out to be an international player!" (Jimmy Greaves)!"

Comment

In fairness if they havent got or arent prepared to issue PLCE even on a loan basis people should be allowed to use their own webbing, PROVIDED its fit for the purpose and not a black swat vest or set of desert body armour or something stupid like that.

If its fit for purpose there shouldnt be a problem!

Comment

I'm fairness they could be trying to stop the allyness/old FCA ways - it's on issue but you can't get it, therefore you buy your own and then the argument is that you don't need to be issued it

Comment

To be fair, the stock that is on issue is in very poor condition, from what I have seen.

Comment

We have been informed by our PDF Cadre that the use of non issued PLCE is not allowed.
                            Fcuk em!!!

My adage being I acquired stuff I thought I might need, and then bought more just in case!

Goes back to do you turn up with nothing a look like cnut and blame some one else or do you make the effort turn up get the job done and make someone else look like a cnut for telling you not to have the correct kit!!!

My unit just didn't have these problems, in fairness the 'Q' got us the kit when we required it but if you thought you needed something else or your need differed once your optional extras weren't to the extreme, the 'Q' was alwys glad to have a set extra to look after someone who might have nothing.

I learned fast after my first outing on a PSO and realised three wweeks in the front of a nissan in 58 pattern wasn't fun...and this was before Chest rigs etc went on issue, cue Arktis, few quid, and what I needed. PDF Cav guys on the next outing were taking notes, trying it on and offering opinions.

In fairness the PDF has made up for lost ground when it comes to that type of kit but in this day and age if some one gets in the way of a guy showing some interest in what he does, especially in the RDF, he should be drop kicked into the stones!
                            Covid 19 is not over ....it's still very real..Hand Hygiene, Social Distancing and Masks.. keep safe

Comment

Originally posted by hptmurphy View Post
                              ....but in this day and age if some one gets in the way of a guy showing some interest in what he does, especially in the RDF, he should be drop kicked into the stones!
                              "Well, stone me! We've had cocaine, bribery and Arsenal scoring two goals at home. But just when you thought there were truly no surprises left in football, Vinnie Jones turns out to be an international player!" (Jimmy Greaves)!"

Comment

Working...
                              X