No announcement yet.

Selling Old PLCE?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

From the same people who brought you " you can't wear your own hearing protection on the range. Here are some yellow sponges instead, be sure to give them back after"

Anyway, what's a good price to ask for the above?
    Last edited by Goldie fish; 15 February 2012, 14:02.

Catch-22 says they have a right to do anything we can't stop them from doing.

Comment

Anyway, what's a good price to ask for the above?
      Given the PDF have given up on PLCE and its readily available to the reserve, try ebay....wouldn't even make you an offer on it.
      Covid 19 is not over ....it's still very real..Hand Hygiene, Social Distancing and Masks.. keep safe

Comment

Originally posted by hptmurphy View Post
        Given the PDF have given up on PLCE and its readily available to the reserve, try ebay....wouldn't even make you an offer on it.
        Thinkin of doin a "buy now-or best offer" on it. Is €200 too much?

Comment

For the lot helmet included, €200 would be fair...
          Covid 19 is not over ....it's still very real..Hand Hygiene, Social Distancing and Masks.. keep safe

Comment

Fcuk em!!!

My adage being I acquired stuff I thought I might need, and then bought more just in case!

Goes back to do you turn up with nothing a look like cnut and blame some one else or do you make the effort turn up get the job done and make someone else look like a cnut for telling you not to have the correct kit!!!

My unit just didn't have these problems, in fairness the 'Q' got us the kit when we required it but if you thought you needed something else or your need differed once your optional extras weren't to the extreme, the 'Q' was alwys glad to have a set extra to look after someone who might have nothing.

I learned fast after my first outing on a PSO and realised three wweeks in the front of a nissan in 58 pattern wasn't fun...and this was before Chest rigs etc went on issue, cue Arktis, few quid, and what I needed. PDF Cav guys on the next outing were taking notes, trying it on and offering opinions.

In fairness the PDF has made up for lost ground when it comes to that type of kit but in this day and age if some one gets in the way of a guy showing some interest in what he does, especially in the RDF, he should be drop kicked into the stones!
            I should of stated aswell is that like a weapon, ours has been issued to us and remains in our individual gear bags [located in our stores with my name on it]. We were told the kit was available and we just had to ask for it... (and no it dosent belong to our PDF perant unit).
            Squad look this way, i will give a full and complete demonstration on how to post.
            Type 1-2-3-4 fact check and POST

Cryos

Comment

For the lot helmet included, €200 would be fair...
              True, it is a BA helmet, surely there is a post 1992 British Army re-enactor group about....

Comment

I should of stated aswell is that like a weapon, ours has been issued to us and remains in our individual gear bags [located in our stores with my name on it]. We were told the kit was available and we just had to ask for it
                if its on personal issue why would you need anything else, problem being most units have on pooled stock and sometimes what you get is shite, hence guys not wanting to have to go to the bother of setting up a set of webbing each time they needed it, bought their own.

Comment

if its on personal issue why would you need anything else, problem being most units have on pooled stock and sometimes what you get is shite, hence guys not wanting to have to go to the bother of setting up a set of webbing each time they needed it, bought their own.
                  True, but i would point out that some units are able to issue gear to people individually, i dont share my PLCE with anyone else and its configured towards me. I can understand what your saying about Pool use, however the kit can be got through the official means without much hassle there's lots of it going spare at the moment.
                  Squad look this way, i will give a full and complete demonstration on how to post.

Cryos

Comment

i sold a similar set of CEFO on ebay for about 90 euro, bout a year ago. If thats any good as a guide .
                    Last edited by ollie; 16 February 2012, 16:34.
                    Anyone need a spleen ?

Comment

The cefo on its own seems to be available on ebay for around 50 Not sure how much it would fetch with the helmet and bergen,

On a similar note has anyone seen the price the old Irish helmet is fetching on ebay? Over 100 stg and another 75 stg on the cover!!!!! Seller named redbaron in the uk selling them!
                      Train Hard Fight Easy!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Cryos View Post
                        I should of stated aswell is that like a weapon, ours has been issued to us and remains in our individual gear bags [located in our stores with my name on it]. We were told the kit was available and we just had to ask for it... (and no it dosent belong to our PDF perant unit).
                        Sounds like your stores personnel have done a bit of work there...
                        "Well, stone me! We've had cocaine, bribery and Arsenal scoring two goals at home. But just when you thought there were truly no surprises left in football, Vinnie Jones turns out to be an international player!" (Jimmy Greaves)!"

Comment

Ours has become extremely "efficient" lately..

Cryos

Comment

Comment

OG PLCE CEMO and British Army helmet sold for €95 plus postage.

Pass the vaseline.

Comment

Originally posted by Goldie fish View Post
                                OG PLCE CEMO and British Army helmet sold for €95 plus postage.

Pass the vaseline.
                                Have you tried the ebay.co.uk ? i sold my set there
                                Anyone need a spleen ?

Comment

Working...
                                X