Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which Sleeping Bag?

Hi All,

Planning on getting a new sleeping bag. Have a jungle bag already for summer use but looking for something for 4 seasons - light as possible, packs small and does the job.
    Currently looking at Snugpak Softie Elite 3

Ideal for professional use, military, police & bushcraft. We provide customers with a range of high-quality outdoor clothing & equipment perfect for all expeditions.

Any ideas or suggestions?

Snug pack Softie 9 seems to be the dossbag of choice with most of the BA lads.
    "Let us be clear about three facts. First, all battles and all wars are won in the end by the infantryman. Secondly, the infantryman always bears the brunt. His casualties are heavier, he suffers greater extremes of discomfort and fatigue than the other arms. Thirdly, the art of the infantryman is less stereotyped and far harder to acquire in modern war than that of any other arm." ------- Field Marshall Wavell, April 1945.

Comment

Originally posted by Docman View Post
      Hi All,

Planning on getting a new sleeping bag. Have a jungle bag already for summer use but looking for something for 4 seasons - light as possible, packs small and does the job.
      Currently looking at Snugpak Softie Elite 3

Ideal for professional use, military, police & bushcraft. We provide customers with a range of high-quality outdoor clothing & equipment perfect for all expeditions.

Any ideas or suggestions?

You'll freeze to death in a softie 3...

Comment

Originally posted by apod View Post
        Snug pack Softie 9 seems to be the dossbag of choice with most of the BA lads.
        Got mine about 15 years ago, still using it. (starting to whiff a bit, according to my daughter last summer!)
        'He died who loved to live,' they'll say,
        'Unselfishly so we might have today!'
        Like hell! He fought because he had to fight;
        He died that's all. It was his unlucky night.
        http://www.salamanderoasis.org/poems...nnis/luck.html

Comment

Whats the new army issue one like the small one not the massive bergen filler! One turned up on ebay a while ago!
          Train Hard Fight Easy!!!!

Comment

Have the Snugpak Elite 3 and Softie 10.

The Snugpak Elite 3 has seen the most use. Not too bulky.

Snugpak Softie 10: Not quite as bulky as the issued one, but good.

Don't know anything about the Softie 9.
            Last edited by cooley; 14 February 2012, 23:26.

Comment

Originally posted by Craghopper View Post
              You'll freeze to death in a softie 3...
              Good thing I'm not looking at one. Elite 3 is a different bag to the Softie 3.

Comment

On a related issue, Tescos are selling, for €14.99, a sleeping bag liner - fleece thing, which could also be used as a light
                sleeping bag for warm conditions
                "Well, stone me! We've had cocaine, bribery and Arsenal scoring two goals at home. But just when you thought there were truly no surprises left in football, Vinnie Jones turns out to be an international player!" (Jimmy Greaves)!"

Comment

I went down that route thinking that I could apply the layering system to my sleeping bag. I bought a light sleeping bag (that packs away very small), a fleece liner, and a waterproof bivy bag. I found it a pain in the arse to get in and out, so dropped the idea.

Comment

good selection here - This Tribe only do decent kit:

This domain is for sale! Fast and easy shopping. Trusted and secure since 2005.
                    RGJ

...Once a Rifleman - Always a Rifleman... Celer et Audax

The Rifles

Comment

Originally posted by Bravo20 View Post
                      I went down that route thinking that I could apply the layering system to my sleeping bag. I bought a light sleeping bag (that packs away very small), a fleece liner, and a waterproof bivy bag...
                      That's where I'm currently at - minus the liner
                      "Well, stone me! We've had cocaine, bribery and Arsenal scoring two goals at home. But just when you thought there were truly no surprises left in football, Vinnie Jones turns out to be an international player!" (Jimmy Greaves)!"

Comment

Originally posted by RoyalGreenJacket View Post
                        good selection here - This Tribe only do decent kit:

http://www.thistribe.com/sleeping-ba...ats-bivvi.html
                        I quite like the look of this item:

- a norgie, but wihout the huge collar

Comment

Originally posted by Truck Driver View Post
                          I quite like the look of this item:

- a norgie, but wihout the huge collar
                          looks good and i've seen them worn but don't have one.

most of the kit sold by This Tribe is field tested / recommended / requested by soldiers so it's good stuff.

i've nothing to do with This Tribe - i just like their kit.
                          RGJ

...Once a Rifleman - Always a Rifleman... Celer et Audax

The Rifles

Comment

Working...
                          X